• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#2141 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:07 AM

Charles Soule has got a Knights of Ren comic coming out in December, prior to ep IX.

I hope it's as good as his Vader series.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2142 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Not a big fan of Star Wars personally. I think it's for simple minded booger eaters. Something little children can keep up with.

But this was a nice moment. Conan has been doing his show at SDCC this week and they brought up a bunch folks cosplaying as Wookies to remember Peter Mayhew.

Trigger warning - it's got Conan Posted Image

#2143 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

100% bet the "Rey with dark cloak and double-bladed red saber" scene is some kind of vision. They may as well have stamped 'trailer red herring' over her head.

Also, that double-bladed hinged saber is not without precedent in the Saga. The Jedi Temple Guards shown in REBELS had Yellow-Bladed ones of this design. This one is just a red version.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2144 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

Has anyone read the Soule Vader series?

In the distant past, a Sith lord Momin manages to possess a mask he creates. He can then possess or talk to who ever wears it after his death.

Just speculation of course, but the new shots showing Vaders helm made me wonder if Palpatine has done something similar - with Vader, just before he went down the shaft. It would be a hell of a retcon, but what if Kylo thinks he's been talking to Vaders spirit - but instead it's Palpatine voice coming from Vader's melted mask?

Just the blue fire connection I guess; Vader was doused in it, the Emperor in Rebels was shrouded in it when he reached out for Ezra and Ahsoka; now it's on the poster.

Doubt they'd do something so rooted in a comic though; I am hoping that Palpatine has been playing a very long game though. Just because he's awesome!

Edit.. just looked this up and it's apparently been discussed elsewhere... I quite like the idea though!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 26 August 2019 - 02:57 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#2145 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:21 PM

View PostTraveller, on 26 August 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Has anyone read the Soule Vader series?

In the distant past, a Sith lord Momin manages to possess a mask he creates. He can then possess or talk to who ever wears it after his death.

Just speculation of course, but the new shots showing Vaders helm made me wonder if Palpatine has done something similar - with Vader, just before he went down the shaft. It would be a hell of a retcon, but what if Kylo thinks he's been talking to Vaders spirit - but instead it's Palpatine voice coming from Vader's melted mask?

Just the blue fire connection I guess; Vader was doused in it, the Emperor in Rebels was shrouded in it when he reached out for Ezra and Ahsoka; now it's on the poster.

Doubt they'd do something so rooted in a comic though; I am hoping that Palpatine has been playing a very long game though. Just because he's awesome!

Edit.. just looked this up and it's apparently been discussed elsewhere... I quite like the idea though!

Along these lines and conflicting with what I first said, Dark Rey could be Clone Rey (Reey if you will). She's wearing a ring with a black stone in it in that shot...a black stone that was present in Snoke's ring, which came from Vader's Castle on Mustafar. As such, I feel like Snoke and Dark Rey COULD be Clones that Palpy uses and the stone in the ring is imbued with his essence and allows him to do that. And Dark Rey has to fight Light Rey?

And I agree about the WbW blue lighting comment as well.

Add in that the fleet of SD's are not First Order SD's, but original Imperial-era ones....thus the rumoured "Palpatines hidden fleet" we've heard talked about...basically The Katana Fleet...this sounds more and more like Dark Empire to be honest.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2146 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

I've seen another suggestion elsewhere regarding the Sheev from Rebels - that the one from WbWs who attempts to entrap Ezra is in fact from further ahead in time than the Rebels version.

I know it would never happen in a million years but imagine having Ezra and Ahsoka appear, live action, in the finale to help finish Palpatine! Fuck that would be good.

#2147 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:52 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 26 August 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

Time travel.

Ugh

God I hope not

Dont worry they won't go there! I hope they have found something... credible, to link the Palpatine of the prequels and Anakin to Rey and Kylo to tie things up well.

Does anyone think that shot of Threepio looks like he's on a sacrificial run or something..?

I really, really want some of them to survive this - R2 and 3PO for sure, Leia preferably, Chewie, and the big one for me... the Falcon. If they do anything to that... I don't want to think about it!

#2148 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostTraveller, on 26 August 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Does anyone think that shot of Threepio looks like he's on a sacrificial run or something..?

So this just ties into the earlier seemingly now confirmed rumour that the macguffin concerns Theepio having his memory-banks from the Republic era uploaded/downloaded into him so they can find something...and that he accidentally initially gets a Battle Droid programming shoved into him instead first. I would imagine eh goes back to normal after that moment.

#2149 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

View PostTraveller, on 26 August 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Ahsoka appear, live action, in the finale to help finish Palpatine! Fuck that would be good.

Did you hear how Filoni equivocated when asked if Ahsoka could ever appear in live action when asked at D23? I think this is already in the cards in other TROS or THE MANDALORIAN.

#2150 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

Don't worry booger eaters, Rey is going all 'double agent', 'convincing Sith/dark side turn' in order to infiltrate. Your booger eating hearts will be all a flutter at the end when she is the heroine and receiving a medal for defeating the odds that were stacked higher then a pile of Rancor dung against her. Posted Image

#2151 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

Have you seen Rey Clone/twin theory?

She has a twin, a clone for Palpatine. Rey was the other, and dumped on Jakku. Her experience in the cave, with the multiple reflections, show that she had no parents, she is one of many.

Ha it sounds bad even as I'm writing it! This stuff will be rolling out until release I guess, when everyone gets annoyed that they were wrong.

#2152 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:12 PM

We will get to the end of Ep 9, with all the good guys being defeated and Luke will wake up. Eps 7-9 will all have just been a bad dream.

You read it here first.

:p

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2153 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Is Star Tours canon?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#2154 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Do you think JR Ewing and Bobby Ewing would be Sith Lords and Jedi Masters respectively?

#2155 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:36 PM

Ahhh, I'm intrigued. Rey clone/twin theory. They better give bad girl Rey the evil Spock treatment so we know which is which. That should make it easy for the booger eaters to follow. Posted Image
Posted Image

#2156 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 27 August 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 August 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

Ahhh, I'm intrigued. Rey clone/twin theory. They better give bad girl Rey the evil Spock treatment so we know which is which. That should make it easy for the booger eaters to follow. Posted Image
Posted Image

You mean give her a goatee?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#2157 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 27 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

https://twitter.com/...5359890432?s=20
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#2158 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 27 August 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hamill even retweeted this. LOL

#2159 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Oh great, now the booger eaters are all in a tizzy about what C-3PO's red eyes could mean from that trailer. You booger eaters do get that it's by design, just to get you all squishy in your shorts and talking about it; you do get that, right?

[EDIT] evil C-3PO. Putting a gotee on a droid would require too much expensive CGI.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 27 August 2019 - 07:38 PM

#2160 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:15 PM

You keep using the term "booger eaters". Who are you referring to?

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users