• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#1461 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Definitely looking forward to even more evidence that J.J. doesn't know how space works!

Honestly can't get too upset about it. I really enjoyed TFA and Nu Trek #1, despite their copious and obvious flaws.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#1462 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

I've had enough of Jar Jar Abrams.

#1463 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yep. I guess i'm in the minority that this news does not excite me.

But I also thought TFA was completely underwhelming.

Of course, i'll still watch it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1464 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Hamill let slip in a now-deleted tweet that a new trailer will premiere during Monday Night Football on October 9th.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1465 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 21 September 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Makes sense. They did the exact same for TFA. I sense it wasn't much of a slip though lol

Indeed. Apparently the marketing push for TLJ has been identical to TFA for release dates of things.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1466 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hey guys! I found some very early footage of the next next film. It's really rough, but gods, it looks promising as hell! Damn, I'm so excited for what is in the pipeline for this movie franchise. I can't wait! Give this a watch and let me know if you agree.

#1467 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostHoney Cups, on 22 September 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

I've really been feeling the curiosity of just wtf they are gonna do with Leia the past few weeks... I don't think there is gonna be many dry eyes when that In Memory tag pops up. Ep 8 is going to be a harder watch then many people expect at least for us older crowd.

I kinda don't even want to really she/hear her in the trailers so we can then just get her full performance in one go come game day.

Really? I'm a big fan of star wars and her death is sad but I am hardly able to form an emotional connection to an actress who I know only through her movies

#1468 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostCause, on 28 September 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

View PostHoney Cups, on 22 September 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

I've really been feeling the curiosity of just wtf they are gonna do with Leia the past few weeks... I don't think there is gonna be many dry eyes when that In Memory tag pops up. Ep 8 is going to be a harder watch then many people expect at least for us older crowd.

I kinda don't even want to really she/hear her in the trailers so we can then just get her full performance in one go come game day.

Really? I'm a big fan of star wars and her death is sad but I am hardly able to form an emotional connection to an actress who I know only through her movies

I'm with BK. Hell, my wife and I both welled up when we were re-watching TFA the other day. It's gonna be sad as hell. I kind of want the on-screen dedication to her (which we know they'll do) to come before the movie, but it will likely come after.

#1469 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

For BK. The A-Wing from THE LAST JEDI (spoilered for size)

Saweeeeeet!

Spoiler

#1470 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 October 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Right on! Looks a little longer then Jedi's. Nice evolution. Makes me want to play X Wing and do the A Wing missions. Transfer your shield power into your engines to zip across the void a lot quicker. Those things are so fast if you where good enough you didn't need the shields.

You get to pilot A-wings in the new Battlefront I think.

#1471 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

Set your DVRs. The Last Jedi trailer is going to air during Monday Night Football tomorrow night.

#1472 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:53 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 October 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Set your DVRs. The Last Jedi trailer is going to air during Monday Night Football tomorrow night.

Scroll up. News is old. :)

#1473 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 October 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 October 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Scroll up. News is old. :)

Oh yeah. I forgot I posted the last one: https://forum.malaza...ost__p__1304381 Posted Image

But seriously though, advice still stands, tomorrow night during Monday Night Football, the newest of the new trailers is going to debut. Seriously.

#1474 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

I'm into it. Last scene wasn't necessary for a trailer though.

Porgs are officially the bomb.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1475 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:10 AM

Goddamn that was hype!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 October 2017 - 02:10 AM

#1476 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:13 AM

Its no surprise i was incredibly disappointed with TFA, but that still gave me a huge nerdboner.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1477 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

I DIDNT SQUEEL LIKE A LITTLE GIRL AT LEAST TWICE YOU DID.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#1478 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 October 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

Some of that dialogue made me go “umm what?” Though. It’s a trailer so we have zero clue how the final cut is but I’m talking about, Luke saying “I’ve seen this raw power only once before AND IT DIDN’T scare me but this time it does.” Like wtf is he talking about? It appears as if he is referring to Ben’s attack on temple which umm made him go into hiding/dropping off the galactic map. If that didn’t scare him what did? Interesting

Ah okay it was”it didn’t enough” more or less not it didn’t

I think the implication is that when Luke first encountered that level of force power it was in his nephew, who was his prize student, that he was training to be a Jedi, a defender of Light...someone who he didn't fear that power showing up in such extremes... all he saw was the good that Ben might do with it.

It DOES scare him seeing it in Rey, because of what happened with Ben/Kylo and how such unmeasurable force strength can so easily corrupt someone (even ones own nephew who is being trained in the Light side) to the dark side. He's worried Rey is too strong for her own good, and will inevitably go bad like Kylo.

----------------------------------------

My own fuller thoughts after multiple viewings.

- The only thing I didn't exactly like in the trailer was I think it's SUPER cheap on the part of whomever cut the trailer to try to show that last two shots were ACTUALLY Rey interacting with Kylo while she says she needs guidance. It's clear they are lit differently (though close enough to try to pull off the bluff) and as such I wonder who they think they are fooling? That's not to say that Kylo doesn't interact with Rey in such a fashion...but the dialogue from her is more likely aimed at Luke.

- I LURVE Hamill's lines and delivery in this. His acting is so amazing in everything he's done...but man it looks like he threw everything he had at this role again! Love it.

- Glad that IF Luke uses a lightsaber in TLJ, they are not showing it in the trailers...that is (if it happens) going to be an absolutely thunderous moment in the actual film that will bring down every single theatre with raucus applause. Best to save moments like that.

- Not enough Finn.

- Poe's line was glorious, and we got to see his N0S-infused X-Wing in action, which was sweet.

- Kylo's little fighter ship whizzing around the Resistance fleet was cool as hell.

- Porgs are the bomb-diggity.

- The score is...SO. Phenomenal. I feel like everyone who complained in TFA that the score was not as memorable as the OT score pieces...and didn't understand that those pieces had 30+ years to fuse into our subconscious....that this second film featuring those pieces, like Rey's theme...are only going to get better. Love me some John Williams.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

#1479 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

See, that's the thing about being an adorable child actor. There's always another adorable little booger eater coming up to take your place.

#1480 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 AM

I don't know.. there are worse ways to do it but it seems a bit unlikely since they put it in the trailer.

Do all the original heroes have to be killed? I think I'd prefer an off screen 'natural' death - a moving scene where it's revealed that Leia has died. I don't really want to see all the original cast shot or blown up.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users