• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#1321 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

Most people knew Palpatine was the dark Emperor way before starting Episode 3. He was acting all shifty in Episodes 1 & 2. Even if you didn't catch that the political setup certainly seemed like it was leading to that conclusion. Additionally the Emperor had been called Palpatine already in the EU since the 80s so lots of people recognized the name already. And he was played BY THE SAME ACTOR!!!

I don't think that really ruins it as much as you seem to think it does.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1322 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

On the other hand, since the prequels are children's movies, that logic might not apply as it would for adults.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1323 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Well, Pablo Hidaglo has officially put the Snoke is Plagueis theory to rest.

Which, I'm not going to lie, makes me a little sad. I thought it was a poetic way to go. Apparently not.

I'm okay with Snoke being new...but now I feel like he's not nearly as threatening as he could have been if he was Plagueis.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1324 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

BK, do you mean this? :p

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 07 June 2016 - 08:19 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1325 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

... or this?

Attached File(s)

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1326 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

Greta stuff here:

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1327 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

So according to George Lucas, Mace Windu is not dead. Sam Jackson apparently spoke with George a while back and voiced his displeasure in how his Jedi master went out...and said he still feels like he's out there somewhere, wounded, but alive (Jedi's fall from great heights all the time). And George apparently said he was fine with that.

Now, I should note, I've ALWAYS believed that Mace survived. He would be damaged by the force lightning Sidious used on him, and would be missing his arm from Anakin slicing it off. But Anakin survived a super long fall through the same city in AotC...so we have precedent. And since Mace was not killed outright by Sidious (merely shoved out into the air to drop)...we never see him die. Thus, I always felt like he skittered away and got himself off-planet before the purge began in earnest. As to reason why he never showed his face again, or helped the Rebels when the time came? In the new canon book LOST STARS, it's noted that Imperial annals records Mace Windu as a terrorist leader. So not only does he have Order 66 to hide from, but the rest of the law abiding galaxy believes him to be a traitor and a terrorist.

Anyways, neat little factoid (not that it would ever come to anything) about the character.

#1328 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

I could always use more Sam Jackson.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#1329 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:22 AM

I like SLJ, but Mace Windu sucks.

#1330 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:16 AM

Kanyemander West, on 01 July 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

I like SLJ, but Mace Windu sucks.

Windu makes way more sense as the median of what Jedi are at the time of their downfall. Nobody would seriously mourn the passing of an order that churns out dumbasses with magic powers like that.

SLJ wants work and he's fun enough and famous enough to get it, but the character is almost literally the Space Cop nobody needs.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 01 July 2016 - 04:20 AM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#1331 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

Pretty much, yeah.

Also, to be clear, I wasn't trying to dismiss QT's post, which is interesting enough as a nugget of trivia. I just have no interest in ever seeing the character pop up again in the future.

#1332 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:09 PM

Mostly agreed ("Mace who?") but just imagine what literally any director besides Lucas could out of SLJ in that role in the future, though.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#1333 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:01 AM

Netflix Canada had it a month ago.

....there's something you just never expect to post.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#1334 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

High Geek of Crawfish, on 16 September 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Now this Mace vid is interesting! Don't just brush it off. Let it play and think on it. It's the same guy that did Rey/Palps vid. Seriously watch it! It's fun

I've seen this, but I just can't get into the idea that Mace Windu turned to the dark side...

#1335 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

I don't think many were all that surprised, especially the ones who were there. Nice little bit of extra meaning to Harrison and his line in ESB.

I do find it weird watching her in FA, not because I think she has aged badly but because she looks so different to her younger self that she's almost unrecognizable as the same character.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1336 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Traveller, on 24 November 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

I don't think many were all that surprised, especially the ones who were there. Nice little bit of extra meaning to Harrison and his line in ESB.

I do find it weird watching her in FA, not because I think she has aged badly but because she looks so different to her younger self that she's almost unrecognizable as the same character.

I also wasn't surprised. Harrison's biography from the 90's eludes to him romancing the ladies in his casts. It also sounds that he was given the heads up before she published the info. The wife he had at that time (Margaret Marquand) has passed away, so he probably didn't see the harm in letting it release.

I think she looks a damned sight better than she had for a fair number of the intervening years while she was abusing alcohol and drugs and smoking. I think she looks much better than she did, but yes I think all that abuse probably aged her worse than she might have naturally.

I still think she looks good though. It's her voice that is hard to quantify.

#1337 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Oh dear god this!

#1338 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Briar King, on 25 November 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

I was king of ping pong...

The level of "catchy" this song hits...is Lonely Island level. Like I want to buy it on iTunes.

#1339 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

May as well post the other two, as they rate both great as well!

#1340 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

Briar King, on 26 November 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

I like the 1st best. 2nd is pretty meh, yoda is fairly good one

The yoda one had me in stitches with "I was like, that log had a child!"

Lmao

They are ALL catchy when you listen to them enough. Haha

I bought all 3 on iTunes!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users