• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just wanted to post this link here... Draconus

#1 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

http://encyclopediam...881525/Draconus

Its quite interesting the quotes used here in "light" :) of events transpired in FoD. I just thought it was "cool" to read them.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

"Draconus was a cold, cold bastard."

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   Dragnipurake 

• Captain

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Wonder if that last quote from quick ben saying he is the only one who can stand against Draconus indicates he is Arathan.

#4 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

This part caught my eye even more than Quick Ben's quote:

Draconus, Blood of Tiam

#5 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Oh shit. Draconus gives the tiste the blood of tiam. In some way. Thats how it happens. Duh, his name is Draconus. I always wondered about it cuz if it was real dragon blood wouldnt it have solidified and imprisoned anyone's soul who came in contact with it? So there's gotta be a trick there...I even think that Dragnipur is somehow forged with dragon blood, which allows it to trap the soul and thus gives it its name.

#6 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostStalking Stonny, on 17 September 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Oh shit. Draconus gives the tiste the blood of tiam. In some way. Thats how it happens. Duh, his name is Draconus. I always wondered about it cuz if it was real dragon blood wouldnt it have solidified and imprisoned anyone's soul who came in contact with it? So there's gotta be a trick there...I even think that Dragnipur is somehow forged with dragon blood, which allows it to trap the soul and thus gives it its name.

i really REALLY like this idea, but draconus himself recalls the making of dragnipur, and he specifically says that he used chains of every kind of metal, pulled from burns fiery heart, to forge the sword. let's say... maybe he quenched it in dragon blood.

dragon blood does solidify in time, but after the wound is made, there is a short time in which the blood can be drunk, so draconus doesn't have to be the source of draconic blood in the tiste. i would still lay that at anomander's feet.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#7 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I guess that is true. The staked dragon's blood doth runeth, if I remember correctly. Wild speculation aside, a sword quenched in dragon blood is quite a badass concept.

#8 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Also, to become soletaken elient probably entails some kind of ritual with dragon blood, as the Liossan Kadagar captured Kessobahn to drink the blood of tiam.

#9 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Cant have enough of Draconus... Thanks for posting the link.
He is the maker of the Andii.. but didt want to be known as their god. He loved one of his worshippers and gave her the power to be mother dark.
It is said somewhere that he messed around with chaos, perhaps this means that he was the first person who slew and drank the blood of Tiam. and became a soletaken dragon in that process.

#10 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Maybe he already realized how worship can affect the Azathanai, in the way that it affected Olar Ethil, and decided to set up a 'god' for them to worship, so he wouldn't fall victim to the whims of worshipers. This obviously failed miserably, resulting in a civil war, and the division of the Tiste, and the subsequent sundering of the realms. It certainly explains his sadness and rumination while in Moons Spawn in OST. When mother dark became a target (of chaos? of the liosan? of the other azathanai? Errastas?) he sought to create a safe place for her, inside Dragnipur.

Meh, all conjecture, and blind at that. Draconus is an amazing character.

#11 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

As someone said he used the hammer of brood to forge dragnipur using burns fiery heart. While i really like the idea of the link between dragons blood imprisoning souls, we also know that dragons blood burns through realms and is responsible for the sundering of emurlahn and represented its first fatal wound. Thus im not sure its a suitable as a form of protection to the gate of darkness though its still possible that it was his quenching that gave dragnipur its soul trapping qualities.

#12 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Posting this conversation between Draconus and Ganoes Paran. It is a heck lot clearer now. It is amazing how SE can keep it consistent across such a large span of time :-)

Darkness has ever warred against Chaos, mortal. Ever retreated. And each time that Mother Dark relented - to the coming of light, to the Birth of Shadow - her power has diminished, the imbalance growing more profound. Such was the state of the realms around me in those early times. A growin imbalance. Until Chaos approached the very Gate to Kurald Galain itself. A defence needed to be fashioned. Souls were ... required ...'

'Wait, please. I need to think ---'

'Chaos hungers for the power in those souls - for what Dragnipur has claimed. To feed on such power will make it stronger - tenfold. A hundredfold. Sufficient to breach the Gate. Look to your mortal realm, Ganoes Paran. Devastating civilization-destroying wars, civil wars, pogroms, wounded and dying gods -- you and your kind progress at a perilious pace on the path forced by Chaos. Blinded by rage, lusting for vengeance, those darkest of desires --

'Wait ---'

'Where history means nothing. Lessons are forgotten. Memories -- of humanity, of all that is humane -- are lost. Without balance, Ganoes Paran ---'

'But you want me to shatter Dragnipur!'

'Ah, now I understand your resistance to all what I say. Mortal, I have had time to think. To recognize the grave error I have made. I had believed, Ganoes Paran, in those early times, that only in Darkness could the power that is order be manifested. I sought to help Mother Dark -- for it seemed she was incapable of helping herself. She would not answer, she would not even acknowledge her children. She had withdrawn, deep into her own realm, far from all of us, so far that we could not finder.'

'Draconus---'

'Here me, please. Before the Houses, there were HOlds. Before HOlds, there was wandering. Your own words, yes? But you were both right and wrong. Not wandering, but migration. A seasonal round - predicatable, cyclical. What seemed aimless, random, was in truth fixed, bound to its own laws. A truth - a power - I failed to recognize.'

'So the shattering of Dragnipur will release the Gate once more -- to its migration.'

'To what gave it its own strength to resist Chaos, yes. Dragnipur has bound the Gate of Darkness to flight, for eternity - but shoould the souls chained to it diminish --'

'The flight slows down---'

'Fatally.'

'So, either Rake beigns killing - taking souls -- or Dragnipur must be destroyed.'

'The former is necessary - to buy us time - until the latter occurs. The sword must be shattered. The purpose of it very existence was misguided. Besides which, there is another truth I have but stumbled on - far too late for it to make any difference. At least to me.'

'And that is?'

'Just as Chaos possesses the cpacity to act in its own defence, to indeed altern its own nature to its own advantage in its eternal war, so too can Order. It is not solely bound t Darkness. It understands, if you will, the value of balance

Paran felt an intuitive flash. 'The Houses of the Azath. The Deck of Dragons'

The hooded head shifted slifhtly and Paran felt cold, unhuman eyes fixing upon hi. 'Aye, Ganoes Paran.'

'The Houses take souls...'

'And bind them in place. Beyond the grasp of Chaos.'

Is this an allegory of self stabilizing systems where beings create chaos but as a duality they also create order'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users