#101 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Sigh...

I need help. Theres a summoning battle, between a bridge burner mage and some other guy. I remember it really vaguely. I always wanted to try paint the scene but I honestly can't recall the scene. Can anyone help me with this? its from the earlier books, maybe Gardens of the moon? Its not the battle with quicks demon and Rake, it was set on a plain I think.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#102 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Sorry, nothing coming to mind.
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#103 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

is it not the siege of pale where tatts and co get torn to shreds?

otherwise I'm beat

#104 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Argh I just need a re-read because my mind tells me it happened somewhere between pale and darujhistan, just can't recall any specifics. Anyway what would be just as good? I went through the favourite scene thread and there were some genuine gems. I think I want to do something involving monsters but that sounds dangerously close to path of hands territory and that was chaos. Possible though....hmmn.

Doing a Seven sins compilation as a ongoing project. Maybe I should do a malazan equivalent of the 4 horsemen? Like a compilation of the 4 biggest baddies?
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#105 User is offline   Sibylle 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

What I would like is a scene from the Quick Ben and the rest of the Holy Falah'd's Mage cabal while fleeing in Rarak. Possibly a scene where Quick absorbs a soul while the rest watches for their turn.

I am still working on my T'iam fighting, but I have zero time so it doesn't really progress much :)
shop.RalphHuijgen.nl

#106 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostSibylle, on 24 January 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

What I would like is a scene from the Quick Ben and the rest of the Holy Falah'd's Mage cabal while fleeing in Rarak. Possibly a scene where Quick absorbs a soul while the rest watches for their turn.

I am still working on my T'iam fighting, but I have zero time so it doesn't really progress much :)

Oooh that sounds like a difficult seen to pull off. especially with so little offered on the cabal, would make a great image though. Anyways heres something I did that was a first for me. my impression of Caladan Brood...

Attached File  post-1903-0-83833000-1359201428.jpg (86.67K)
Number of downloads: 0

This post has been edited by Dolmen+: 29 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

#107 User is offline   Sibylle 

• Recruit

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostDolmen+, on 26 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I am still working on my T'iam fighting, but I have zero time so it doesn't really progress much :D

Oooh that sounds like a difficult seen to pull off. especially with so little offered on the cabal, would make a great image though. Anyways heres something I did that was a first for me. my impression of Caladan Brood...

wow, very nice job! the body is just perfectly matching the image i have of Caladan :D Only one thing: I always picture him green and with orkish features, although I dont know why (but can't change it :p )
shop.RalphHuijgen.nl

#108 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostSibylle, on 28 January 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostDolmen+, on 26 January 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I am still working on my T'iam fighting, but I have zero time so it doesn't really progress much :D

wow, very nice job! the body is just perfectly matching the image i have of Caladan :D Only one thing: I always picture him green and with orkish features, although I dont know why (but can't change it :p )

Thats interesting. I was colouring him in today, getting a flesh tone on him and automatically made him tan like a native american. I have no clue what his skintone is though, doubt he's green on account of bhargast heritage but then the barghast are a muddy bloodline and I really can't make a call on Hetan or Cafal. One reason I never ever did an image of either.

#109 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Multi replies @ Dolmen+...

View PostDolmen+, on 24 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Sigh...

I need help. Theres a summoning battle, between a bridge burner mage and some other guy. I remember it really vaguely. I always wanted to try paint the scene but I honestly can't recall the scene. Can anyone help me with this? its from the earlier books, maybe Gardens of the moon? Its not the battle with quicks demon and Rake, it was set on a plain I think.

View PostDolmen+, on 24 January 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Argh I just need a re-read because my mind tells me it happened somewhere between pale and darujhistan, just can't recall any specifics.

Do you mean the scene in GotM, the end of the rooftop assassin battle where Rake and his 'elite' descend and Quick drops Pearl into the fight to cover for him and Kalam's getaway?

Anyway what would be just as good? I went through the favourite scene thread and there were some genuine gems. I think I want to do something involving monsters but that sounds dangerously close to path of hands territory and that was chaos. Possible though....hmmn.

There are a metric TONNE of gems.
if you're feeling ambitious i'd love to see how you'd do the scene in DG, in
Spoiler

Maybe I should do a malazan equivalent of the 4 horsemen? Like a compilation of the 4 biggest baddies?

Go one better... from TtH
Spoiler

View PostDolmen+, on 28 January 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

...Oooh that sounds like a difficult seen to pull off. especially with so little offered on the cabal, would make a great image though. Anyways heres something I did that was a first for me. my impression of Caladan Brood...

Love it. Needs fangs.

Re your upthread pic of Apsalar, Cots and ST at the Deadhouse - just curious, but why not style that as Kel, Dancer and Laseen on an initial incursion into the Deadhouse way back in the day? Stays 'in canon' and you can try your hand at Laseen, who is chronically under-art'd imnsho. :D
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#110 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostAbyss, on 28 January 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Do you mean the scene in GotM, the end of the rooftop assassin battle where Rake and his 'elite' descend and Quick drops Pearl into the fight to cover for him and Kalam's getaway?

No, I don't but that is the first one to come to mind when I try to recall. I think I imagined it. Do we ever see Hairlock using magic prior to his grisly career change to derranged dollification? I always assume it was Hairlock or the other guy that did a summon. Anyways I think someone already wanted to do a Rake vs Pearl so I'm gonna steer clear.

There are a metric TONNE of gems.
if you're feeling ambitious i'd love to see how you'd do the scene in DG, in
Spoiler

Go one better... from TtH
Spoiler

DG Scene, Hoary generals of the undead, Check. Both would be awesome and chaotic. Definately worth some sketches.

Love it. Needs fangs.

Lower Jaw or top jaw or both? how big? and is he actually green like Sibylle says? coz these are all details I suspect I missed. Is he part jaghut, some funky jaghut Imass lovechild? also I'm being ridiculous...but still.

Re your upthread pic of Apsalar, Cots and ST at the Deadhouse - just curious, but why not style that as Kel, Dancer and Laseen on an initial incursion into the Deadhouse way back in the day? Stays 'in canon' and you can try your hand at Laseen, who is chronically under-art'd imnsho. :D

Thank you for that. Will drop apsalar for laseen, a Short-haired, short and wonderfully lithe blue Assasin is just what that scene needs. I will now work on that and A few charicatures of as my February Malazan project.

#111 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostDolmen+, on 29 January 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

No, I don't but that is the first one to come to mind when I try to recall. I think I imagined it. Do we ever see Hairlock using magic prior to his grisly career change to derranged dollification? I always assume it was Hairlock or the other guy that did a summon. Anyways I think someone already wanted to do a Rake vs Pearl so I'm gonna steer clear.

Maybe the sorcery enfilade at Pearl, where (GotM/MoI SPOILER)
Spoiler
?

It's a wild scene to try your hand at if you're feeling ambitious.

...DG Scene, Hoary generals of the undead, Check. Both would be awesome and chaotic. Definately worth some sketches.

MAKE IT SO!!!

Love it. Needs fangs.

Lower Jaw or top jaw or both? how big? and is he actually green like Sibylle says? coz these are all details I suspect I missed. Is he part jaghut, some funky jaghut Imass lovechild? also I'm being ridiculous...but still.

I took the 'fangs' ref to be bigger incisors, top and bottom... not tusks or jutting exagerrated out the mouth things, but visibly shapr predator looking teeth.

The green thing rings no bells for me at all. he's never described as anything but a huge man with a suggestion of Bhargast blood, and all we know of the Bhargast are that they're big and have pointy teeth.... i can't recall if they're filed, natural, or both, but that's it.

Re your upthread pic of Apsalar, Cots and ST at the Deadhouse - just curious, but why not style that as Kel, Dancer and Laseen on an initial incursion into the Deadhouse way back in the day? Stays 'in canon' and you can try your hand at Laseen, who is chronically under-art'd imnsho.

Thank you for that. Will drop apsalar for laseen, a Short-haired, short and wonderfully lithe blue Assasin is just what that scene needs. I will now work on that and A few charicatures of as my February Malazan project.

Coolness, will look fwd to seeing it.

Re Laseen, don't forget barefoot!
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#112 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hey, just found this. A colour wheel extension for photoshop. Link
Just downloaded the trial at the moment to see how it goes. Costs $14 but may be worth it.
Can't understand why PS doesn't come with one of these.
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#113 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostCorporal Nobbs, on 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hey, just found this. A colour wheel extension for photoshop. Link
Just downloaded the trial at the moment to see how it goes. Costs $14 but may be worth it.
Can't understand why PS doesn't come with one of these.

Hah my lecturer has that on his set up, it's awesome!

And in other news What would you elect as the scene most representative of Mockra? the new competition theme over at MAG :p : http://malazan-art-g...ockra-355044724

please lets hear your thoughts, all us forum artists are super encouraged to contribute!

#114 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

anything with Kulp

#115 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I thought Kulp was a Ruse kinda guy?

I am actually working on a bridgeburner compilation for this. Quick uses mockra right? I assume he can veil a squad so wanna try depict that somehow... So far its him and kalam, I wanted to try throw blend in for dramatic irony but that means I need to throw in picker aswell and honestly can only guess what the two of them look like at this point. Maybe Trotts could feature in the background...

Anyway I'll post a wip as soon as I have all five on the page.

#116 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

shit, maybe he was, I just keep remembering him saying his warren was like eager that time on the island, maybe it was ruse and i need areread

definitely a reread I think :p

I can't even remember who uses mockra, Pearl on the ship?

#117 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Also, there as a rain front rolling in off the sea earlier and I got a few ace shots of it on my phone, the colours of the sea and sky blending together look amazing, I was gonna put it on here to see if you thought it would work as an idea for my kulp picture (if i ever get back to normality with work) but my laptop is acting a amjor dick at the minute and I'm too scared to plug my phone in :p

#118 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Some times it takes me years to get this far...

Attached File  Sneaking In 2.jpg (123.28K)
Number of downloads: 1

Looking forward to seeing those shots Mac, we get some crazy storms here in durban but they tend to be really murky and generally not that flashy.

#119 User is offline   masan's saddle 

• Emperor

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Whose that lurking in the background ?

Also the only malazan mage fight similar to the one you describe is Kulp vs Gryllen. That's on a plain, or am I making it up ?

Also also, nice pic.
Now all the friends that you knew in school they used to be so cool, now they just bore you.
Just look at em' now, already pullin' the plow. So quick to take to grain, like some old mule.

#120 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

As stated in the rep, looks very good :p Only thing I noticed is that QB's and Kalam's heights are swapped. QB schould be about a head taller than Kalam, who in turn should be broader and wear a chainmail shirt, considering it's his trade mark along with the knives. The style's pretty cool, though.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users