• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cold Days

#41 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Toot Toot is a Winter fae now, along with the Za Guard. He can't not be aware of the Winter Knight being Dresden.

Mort knows that it was Harry's soul running around and not his ghost - which probably means he knows that Harry isn't dead. He might tell the others in Chicago or he might not.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#42 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postamphibian, on 16 August 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Toot Toot is a Winter fae now, along with the Za Guard. He can't not be aware of the Winter Knight being Dresden.

I agree, considering the scene in CHANGES showing the link between Toot and Harry goes way further than we suspected.

Mort knows that it was Harry's soul running around and not his ghost - which probably means he knows that Harry isn't dead. He might tell the others in Chicago or he might not.

Even if Mort was absolutely certain Harry was a soul and not a ghost, when they parted in GS as far as they knew Harry was going to the thereafter, so there's no reason at all for Mort to suspect anything.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#43 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Maybe Santa will finally show up in this one. If so, book of the year.

#44 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

and i had a good laugh at this (paraphrased) exchange...

Spoiler

Only Butcher could pull something like that off.

#45 User is offline   Hound 

• Lieutenant

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

NOVEMBER 27TH, 2012: COLD DAYS!!!!!!!

http://www.jim-butch...ember-27th-2012

I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!

#46 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Oh, I'm sure, but unless Harry actually runs into Toot-toot personally (which I imagine Mab could prevent happening for a time), I don't think Toot-toot would think to tell any of Harry's friends that he is alive and what he is up to.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#47 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostHound, on 16 August 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

NOVEMBER 27TH, 2012: COLD DAYS!!!!!!!

http://www.jim-butch...ember-27th-2012

I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!

That's my birthday. My real life birthday. And it's a Dresden Files book day. It shall be read most lovingly and ferociously with pumpkin pie and Laphroiag.

#48 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostD, on 16 August 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Oh, I'm sure, but unless Harry actually runs into Toot-toot personally (which I imagine Mab could prevent happening for a time), I don't think Toot-toot would think to tell any of Harry's friends that he is alive and what he is up to.

I'm trying to remember who among Harry's friends has had contact with Toot and coming up blank altho i vaguely recall someone being present at one of the pizza parties/summonings.
Realistically only Molly could summon him and that seems unlikely or else easily prevented by Lea acting on Mab's orders.

Hmmm... i find the notion of a Fae-centric book without a Pizza Guard appearance dissappointing, even so. I've been really enjoying Toot's development especially since TURNCOAT when he threw down on the Skinwalker.

#49 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostAbyss, on 17 August 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I'm trying to remember who among Harry's friends has had contact with Toot and coming up blank altho i vaguely recall someone being present at one of the pizza parties/summonings.
Realistically only Molly could summon him and that seems unlikely or else easily prevented by Lea acting on Mab's orders.

It was Sansa.

Also, I'm going to have about a 1 month old new baby at the house when this book comes out. Hopefully the little guy will be sleeping 3-4 hours at a time by then because Its Dresden time!

This post has been edited by Eddie Dean: 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

That cover is gorgeous...I'm going to actually say that it's probably my favourite of all the covers so far...with SMALL FAVOR as a close second.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#51 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 August 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

That cover is gorgeous...I'm going to actually say that it's probably my favourite of all the covers so far...with SMALL FAVOR as a close second.

Thats because he is carrying a freaking hunting rifle. Only thing better would be a sawed off double shotgun.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

#52 User is offline   Acorn 

• Sergeant
  • SHHH!!

The walls have feet.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Toot Toot already knew Harry was the Winter Knight, he even told others about it. Harry being the Winter Knight is WHY Toot and the Guard are in the Winter Court now. Before, with Harry being neutral, they were neutral too.

View PostAbyss, on 17 August 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Hmmm... i find the notion of a Fae-centric book without a Pizza Guard appearance dissappointing, even so. I've been really enjoying Toot's development especially since TURNCOAT when he threw down on the Skinwalker.

Harry was with Sanya in an alley in Changes when he Called Toot Toot... The interaction resulted in Sanya getting an earful in Russian from Toot Toot and led to one of my favorite lines.

This, I think, is also the point where Toot leaks the info about the Winter Knight, and that the entire Fae court watched the ritual, much to Harry's dismay.

None of Harry's friends know Toot's true name - so he can't be summoned specifically by any of them. Aside from the Winter Court leaders/etc.

But it's been shown that Toot doesn't consider things like that to be secretive and may just blurt some things out regardless of company...

Can't wait for CD, I have been in love with these stories for a while now - I would be very distraught if Toot and Co. are not included... They are such a great addition to the stories, that I think there would be a big gap if they were left out of the story, especially if it takes place in the Fae realms majority of the time.

#53 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Just from the synopsis it looks like Harry'll be meeting up with the Chicago lot at some point. Besides, Lily and Fix are going to know about this and even if Titania forbids letting them inform Harry's friends, they're clever enough to find a way around her decrees.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#54 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:00 AM

Posted Image

Not reading the sample chapters. Not! Can't do it!
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#55 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostAin, on 18 August 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Oh cmon AIJ... everyone else is doing it. It's just one tiny little sample chapter. What could possibly go wrong?

#56 User is offline   rhulad 

• First Sword

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostAbyss, on 20 August 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostAin, on 18 August 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Oh cmon AIJ... everyone else is doing it. It's just one tiny little sample chapter. What could possibly go wrong?

You shut your mouth!

AIJ, don't give in to pressure to read the sample chapter.

#57 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'm not caving. I want this to be fresh as heck when I crack the book.

#58 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

That's fair and i respect your integrity and willpower and strength of belief and did i mention that the chapter is more or less self-contained and sort of a short story by itself with a beginning middle and end and really it doesn't spoil anything for the rest of the book and if you just take one tiny peak you'll see what i mean plus you get to see two, possibly three of the bestest dresden moments ever in the history of the universe but hey your choice go look go look GO GO LOOK!!!

#59 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Abyss said:

1346266781[/url]' post='991561']
That's fair and i respect your integrity and willpower and strength of belief and did i mention that the chapter is more or less self-contained and sort of a short story by itself with a beginning middle and end and really it doesn't spoil anything for the rest of the book and if you just take one tiny peak you'll see what i mean plus you get to see two, possibly three of the bestest dresden moments ever in the history of the universe but hey your choice go look go look GO GO LOOK!!!

GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!
I refuse to read till the book is released.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#60 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Don't worry Abyss...they will capitulate...just as we did.

They put on a good show, but one by one, they will fall...like dominoes.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users