• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy Football 2012

#481 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

But that is because I'm from MN. I just hate people who support teams that win a lot, like people in baseball who support the yankees just because they try to buy championships. Meh.

No you got to support the team where your from I agree with that. I have only been to America once. I went to Florida this year. Who's the closest team to there?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#482 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

But that is because I'm from MN. I just hate people who support teams that win a lot, like people in baseball who support the yankees just because they try to buy championships. Meh.

No you got to support the team where your from I agree with that. I have only been to America once. I went to Florida this year. Who's the closest team to there?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Jacksonville Jaguars.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#483 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Is that an intended omission of the Miami Dolphins? :p
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#484 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Lol. Completely forgot. I don't know why but I hadn't realized FL had 3 major football teams.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#485 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Lol. Completely forgot. I don't know why but I hadn't realized FL had 3 major football teams.

Any time I hear Miami Dolphins I think of Ace Ventura :(

#486 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Jaguars or Dolphins? hmm..

(I don't like the sound of Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

#487 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Bears sound good and have an affiliation to Dresden. Cardinals no. Rams no (like Derby County). Eagles sound okay (where they from?) Steelers no. Packers (sniggers) no. Colts no. Browns (sniggers again) no. Giants sound cool. Plus New York. Possible. Falcons (I like birds of prey) maybe. Redskins (Deliverance) no. Bengals (my favourite animal is the Tiger) maybe. Ravens (WoT) maybe. Chiefs no. Seahawks no. Panthers (almost cool) no. Broncos no. Patriots no. Bills (underwear) no. 49ers (69ers sounds better) no. Titans (Denzel Washington) maybe. Vikings (Invaded us and I probably have their blood, maybe not) maybe. Chargers no. Saints (Southampton) no. Texans no. Jets (gladiators) no.

So short list I like.

Bears. Dolphins. Bengals. Jaguars. Giants. Falcons. Ravens. Titans. Vikings.

Have I missed anyone out?

9 teams to choose from.

#488 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Eagles are Philly.

#489 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Eagles are Philly.

Any of those 9 a direct competitor to that of the Vikings? I am liking them all. Yet will probably go for one of the Floridian? teams

#490 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

SKOL VIKINGS.

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :p I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :(
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#491 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Bears sound good and have an affiliation to Dresden. Cardinals no. Rams no (like Derby County). Eagles sound okay (where they from?) Steelers no. Packers (sniggers) no. Colts no. Browns (sniggers again) no. Giants sound cool. Plus New York. Possible. Falcons (I like birds of prey) maybe. Redskins (Deliverance) no. Bengals (my favourite animal is the Tiger) maybe. Ravens (WoT) maybe. Chiefs no. Seahawks no. Panthers (almost cool) no. Broncos no. Patriots no. Bills (underwear) no. 49ers (69ers sounds better) no. Titans (Denzel Washington) maybe. Vikings (Invaded us and I probably have their blood, maybe not) maybe. Chargers no. Saints (Southampton) no. Texans no. Jets (gladiators) no.

So short list I like.

9 teams to choose from.

You missed the Oakland Raiders, I think. But before you decide to support them, google for 'Raider Nation' and decide if you like it. Goofy and awesome to look at for certain, but it apparently isn't the nicest crowd for an opposing fan.

Added tip: if you're going to follow 'your' team, then see if you like the playstyle of it in addition to name/logo. If you like the running game way more than the passing game, you can drop the current Falcons, for example. If you like passing more than running, maybe the Vikings aren't your thing. If you like a defense that comes out on top all the time with athletic interceptions and big tackles, both the Ravens and Bears might be your team :p

#492 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

So short list I like.

9 teams to choose from.

You missed the Oakland Raiders, I think. But before you decide to support them, google for 'Raider Nation' and decide if you like it. Goofy and awesome to look at for certain, but it apparently isn't the nicest crowd for an opposing fan.

Added tip: if you're going to follow 'your' team, then see if you like the playstyle of it in addition to name/logo. If you like the running game way more than the passing game, you can drop the current Falcons, for example. If you like passing more than running, maybe the Vikings aren't your thing. If you like a defense that comes out on top all the time with athletic interceptions and big tackles, both the Ravens and Bears might be your team :p

Do you support a team yet? Who did you pick?

#493 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :p I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :(

Who is your team though Venge?

#494 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

He's an Oregon Ducks fan. They're a college football team.

(saddest name ever, really, unless there are Arizona Austriches or California Cockroaches around).

As for whom I support: not really any single team. I severely dislike Eli Manning for some reason so I won't cheer for the Giants and I hate the Patriot's logo, which is enough to not like twice at them. Plus, I'm jealous of Tom Brady. Giselle Bundchen ought to be mine!

I am impressed with the Ravens (it is hard not to respect Ray Lewis, and Ray Rice is a beast), but that is something else than rooting for the team. Green Bay plays a high octane offensive game that quite appeals to me, but they're a team I've seen in one of the two Superbowls I watched from start to well, 3rd quarter :p.

I quite like the way Falcons play this season: I guess I'm a fan of the passing game (or running game break-throughs), and not so much a DEF slugging match admirer, must be the football/rugby influence in rooting for the offensive, pretty ball-play.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 03 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

#495 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Soccer-wise I am all for the pretty passes, dribbling, good goals that sort of thing, i'm not a fan of the Bolton Wanderers style of approach or going further back Wimbledon style of approach. Vinny Jones and his bullying and sending offs. So a good attack is essential. History is another thing to look at. I am a Liverpool fan which ticks those boxes.

#496 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :) I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :p

(saddest name ever, really, unless there are Arizona Austriches or California Cockroaches around).

The Oregon State team is called the Beavers, University of Illinois in Chicago (UIC) is called the flames. I think that both of those are worse names then the Ducks. :p

I don't have a specific NFL team. I live in Bears country and had been to old solder field. So I feel a small obligation to root for them. I rooted for the seahawks and 49ers when I was a kid.

#497 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :p I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :p

The Oregon State team is called the Beavers, University of Illinois in Chicago (UIC) is called the flames. I think that both of those are worse names then the Ducks. :p

I don't have a specific NFL team. I live in Bears country and had been to old solder field. So I feel a small obligation to root for them. I rooted for the seahawks and 49ers when I was a kid.

Beavers are awesome, if only for the jokes. You've got to pity their cheerleaders.... Flames are kind of cool, in a Fantastic Four nerdy sense. But yeah, on a whole, they're worse than Ducks. Still, 2 out 3 bad names to come out of Oregon isn't helping your case :)

#498 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :p I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :p

Beavers are awesome, if only for the jokes. You've got to pity their cheerleaders.... Flames are kind of cool, in a Fantastic Four nerdy sense. But yeah, on a whole, they're worse than Ducks. Still, 2 out 3 bad names to come out of Oregon isn't helping your case :)

:p ranked second in the nation.

#499 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

I have benched both Sydney Rice and Michael Bush this week in favour of Rashard Mendenhall and Brian Hartline. Am I doing the right thing? I don't know but it "feels" right...

You got Hartline!!!!

Bastard!!! I needed him for my bye week for Johnson. Guess I have to take a look at the waivers and figure out a plan B.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#500 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

Especially this years crop of cheerleaders. I went to the Wisconsin/OSU game and I have to say there isn't a looker in the bunch.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users