View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

But that is because I'm from MN. I just hate people who support teams that win a lot, like people in baseball who support the yankees just because they try to buy championships. Meh.

No you got to support the team where your from I agree with that. I have only been to America once. I went to Florida this year. Who's the closest team to there?

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :p I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :p

Who is your team though Venge?

He's an Oregon Ducks fan. They're a college football team.

(saddest name ever, really, unless there are Arizona Austriches or California Cockroaches around).

The Oregon State team is called the Beavers, University of Illinois in Chicago (UIC) is called the flames. I think that both of those are worse names then the Ducks. :p

I don't have a specific NFL team. I live in Bears country and had been to old solder field. So I feel a small obligation to root for them. I rooted for the seahawks and 49ers when I was a kid.

Beavers are awesome, if only for the jokes. You've got to pity their cheerleaders.... Flames are kind of cool, in a Fantastic Four nerdy sense. But yeah, on a whole, they're worse than Ducks. Still, 2 out 3 bad names to come out of Oregon isn't helping your case :)

:p ranked second in the nation.

Blah Blah Blah Blah

Up until the point the Beavs knock them off in the Civil War and then you don't even go to the Pac-12 championship, let alone the "natty" as you loser Duck fans like to call it. Though getting the Rose bowl will be a good second place prize.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#502 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Posttwelve, on 03 October 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

SKOL VIKINGS.

But that is because I'm from MN. I just hate people who support teams that win a lot, like people in baseball who support the yankees just because they try to buy championships. Meh.

No you got to support the team where your from I agree with that. I have only been to America once. I went to Florida this year. Who's the closest team to there?

Don't choose a team that way. I grew up in a non NFL team state. Therefore I do not feel obliged to cast my loyalty to any team. Instead I choose to root against teams. Think of it this way what do you dislike. You will be able to find a team that encompasses that dislike. For instance Jerry Jones of Dallas. Dislike. Thus I root against the cowboys. :p I like how Peyton plays the game. So I root for him. The vikings like to fornicate on boats. I like that so I root for them. :p

Who is your team though Venge?

He's an Oregon Ducks fan. They're a college football team.

(saddest name ever, really, unless there are Arizona Austriches or California Cockroaches around).

The Oregon State team is called the Beavers, University of Illinois in Chicago (UIC) is called the flames. I think that both of those are worse names then the Ducks. :p

I don't have a specific NFL team. I live in Bears country and had been to old solder field. So I feel a small obligation to root for them. I rooted for the seahawks and 49ers when I was a kid.

Beavers are awesome, if only for the jokes. You've got to pity their cheerleaders.... Flames are kind of cool, in a Fantastic Four nerdy sense. But yeah, on a whole, they're worse than Ducks. Still, 2 out 3 bad names to come out of Oregon isn't helping your case :)

:p ranked second in the nation.

Blah Blah Blah Blah

Up until the point the Beavs knock them off in the Civil War and then you don't even go to the Pac-12 championship, let alone the "natty" as you loser Duck fans like to call it. Though getting the Rose bowl will be a good second place prize.

If you guys give up 27 to the likes of zona.. By the way are you still walking funny from that pounding you took last weekend. :p
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#503 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostTapper, on 03 October 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 03 October 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Bears sound good and have an affiliation to Dresden. Cardinals no. Rams no (like Derby County). Eagles sound okay (where they from?) Steelers no. Packers (sniggers) no. Colts no. Browns (sniggers again) no. Giants sound cool. Plus New York. Possible. Falcons (I like birds of prey) maybe. Redskins (Deliverance) no. Bengals (my favourite animal is the Tiger) maybe. Ravens (WoT) maybe. Chiefs no. Seahawks no. Panthers (almost cool) no. Broncos no. Patriots no. Bills (underwear) no. 49ers (69ers sounds better) no. Titans (Denzel Washington) maybe. Vikings (Invaded us and I probably have their blood, maybe not) maybe. Chargers no. Saints (Southampton) no. Texans no. Jets (gladiators) no.

So short list I like.

Bears. Dolphins. Bengals. Jaguars. Giants. Falcons. Ravens. Titans. Vikings.

Have I missed anyone out?

9 teams to choose from.

You missed the Oakland Raiders, I think. But before you decide to support them, google for 'Raider Nation' and decide if you like it. Goofy and awesome to look at for certain, but it apparently isn't the nicest crowd for an opposing fan.

Added tip: if you're going to follow 'your' team, then see if you like the playstyle of it in addition to name/logo. If you like the running game way more than the passing game, you can drop the current Falcons, for example. If you like passing more than running, maybe the Vikings aren't your thing. If you like a defense that comes out on top all the time with athletic interceptions and big tackles, both the Ravens and Bears might be your team :)

Do you support a team yet? Who did you pick?

I will give my personel view on your 9 teams. WARNING this isnt facts, just opinion.

Bears is old franchise with a reputation for strong defenses. No bad things to say about them.
Dolphins is just wierd with their celebrity minority owners and current leadership. Dont like their organisation and think they are atleast 2or 3 good drafts from being a playoff team, but will give huge thumps up because of Ace Ventura!
Bengals has reputation as a cheap organisation(not spending anyway near the salary cap. This might change with the new rules) Also known for giving players with offfield issues more chances than any other club would. Team is ok and maybe more. Young and talented. If they nail next years draft they could be really good.
Jaguars: If you love Maurice Jones Drew, then you can root for them if not stay away. New owner. Small fanbase. Bad bad team. Favorite to move to LA when they get stadium built.
Giants. 1 of the leagues biggest franchises. 2 Super Bowls in last 5 years. Good team. Alot of good reasons to pick them, not many not to.
Falcons: Good team which has 80% chance to make the playoff this year. Good mix of young talent and veterans. Will need good draft the next couple of years, since they have so few draft picks after their monster trade for Julio Jones.
Ravens: Good team with good chance of reaching the playoffs this year. Good mix of young talent and veterans. Young QB, RB and WR. Old WR, safety and Linebacker. Injured passrusher. Some of their veterans are superstars running on the last season or 2 before retirement, so will need to draft well the next couple of years.
Titans: Is 3 or more years from doing anything, but isnt without talent.
Vikings: I am from Denmark, so i am biased. I love the name and the horn when they score TD.

I dont really root for 1 team, but if someone push i will say Arizona Cardinals, but that is only because Larry Fitzgerald is a GOD!

I think some really amazing talents play in the NFL and i like to watch the best no matter what team they are on.

#504 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

If you choose the Bengals, you are essentially inviting misery into your home.

Edit: How bout them Bears! Cowboys may be overrated, but they still looked damn good.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 03 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#505 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 03 October 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

If you choose the Bengals, you are essentially inviting misery into your home.

Edit: How bout them Bears! Cowboys may be overrated, but they still looked damn good.

You mean the Bungles? or some other such nick name they have been given over the years. They more or less have sucked since the 80s.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#506 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Of course Ryan Williams gets hurt while I'm trading for him. Only makes sense.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#507 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

The trade between me and Tapper is a complete and utter mishit. That's not the intended trade. Please vote against.

McFadden was supposed to be a part of that trade. I hit the wrong damn button and agreed.

Tapper has to know that's an utterly ridiculous trade as well. That's a top 10 RB and a top 15 WR for an INJURED top 10 WR.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#508 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 05 October 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

The trade between me and Tapper is a complete and utter mishit. That's not the intended trade. Please vote against.

McFadden was supposed to be a part of that trade. I hit the wrong damn button and agreed.

Tapper has to know that's an utterly ridiculous trade as well. That's a top 10 RB and a top 15 WR for an INJURED top 10 WR.

Has someone done this for you?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#509 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostTattersail, on 05 October 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Has someone done this for you?

? It requires a certain amount of votes to veto. It was agreed upon, on ACCIDENT, because my offer was one I didn't intend to make at all. I've vetoed it myself, which probably doesn't matter.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#510 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

I have voted against. Even though you are a rival and I want to see you go down :)

#511 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostTattersail, on 05 October 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

I have voted against. Even though you are a rival and I want to see you go down :)

You want to win for real, though.

This trade is like Suarez and Aguero for Bale. All good players, but accidentally one-sided. Van Persie was left off my side.

#512 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

I killed it for you.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#513 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Gracias everyone. I'm sure you've all received trade offers from me lately and that one is nothing like the one you received. :)

Mine tend to skew towards me somewhat, depending upon your own projetions.

#514 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

I felt like letting it go through to punish you for trading me lame-duck RB. :)

#515 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

It was a completely ridiculous trade as it was offered. I ran the evaluation tool, which oddly enough didn't show the point totals before and after as very lopsided in one direction (probably because it benched the WR every week and Jennings has ridiculously high predicted points). Even so, when I pressed accepted I thought "Is he out of his mind?" but I was a tad bit too polite to type that exactly.

I really think Yahoo should incorporate a 'stall' button, or incorporate some way to negotiate between players over a standing trade. Thankfully with the aid of everyone who vetoed it, we cancelled without lasting damage.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#516 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostObdigore, on 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

I tried to veto that trade.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#517 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostVengeance, on 05 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

I tried to veto that trade.

Nope, I made the mistake, it isn't fair to HD to veto my trade.

#518 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

I just watched some of Jaguars versus Bears. :)

#519 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Packers just lost to the Colts.

Holy Crap.

#520 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Andrew Luck is a man. Insane how good he is already.
I can't imagine HDs grin right now.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users