• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy Football 2012

#1 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hello fellow Malazan football fans.

For a few years we had, imo, a pretty damn awesome fantasy football league on here. And then last year 2 people, who hardly visited the forum anymore, tried to make it easier on themselves and fucked it up for everyone. In my humble opinion.

So i'm thinking a league like we used to do, 10-14 teams depending on who wants to play, and we do our draft on here in a seperate thread, you get somewhere betweent 12-24 hours to make a pic, random draw snake draft etc. We can fine tune the scoring and rules before we start if needed.

We've got about 3 weeks till the first preseason game so as long as we start in the next week or so we shouldnt have to rush.

Whos in?

In-
Slow Ben
Vengeance
Stalker
Grumble
HD
ShanRawr
Tapper
Brujah
TT
Bliss
Shin
Obdigore

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 24 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

IN... I have been going over lots of data this off season. Drafting TIM (god bless him ) Tebow first round bitches... Nothing but upside. :)
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

:) If we can get enough peeps .... I'm in !
What Would Jack Do ?

#4 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

hell yeah!

As long as we actually do draft in another thread instead of the stupid auto-pick, I'm in.

#5 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

I believe that is what the suggestion is.

#6 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostStalker, on 17 July 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

hell yeah!

As long as we actually do draft in another thread instead of the stupid auto-pick, I'm in.

Hells yes thats what we're doing.

That autopick shit is the worst.

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm in
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#8 User is offline   ShanRawr 

• Captain

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm in.

#9 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

If you can explain to the stupid dutchman how this works (the draft system, not American Football) in one-syllable words and no more than 3 parapgraphs (pictures are welcome, diagrams more difficult than a single line slowly snaking up or down aren't), I am willing to compete for the bottom rung of the ladder.

Although quite frankly, I will have to warn you chaps. My timezone might fuck up the pace of the drafting, so I'd happily take a step back and watch the crazy 'mericans go even crazier over two lines of mastodonts crashing into one another with fast guys trying to catch a pin point precision grenade.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 18 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#10 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostTapper, on 18 July 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

If you can explain to the stupid dutchman how this works (the draft system, not American Football) in one-syllable words and no more than 3 parapgraphs (pictures are welcome, diagrams more difficult than a single line slowly snaking up or down aren't), I am willing to compete for the bottom rung of the ladder.

Although quite frankly, I will have to warn you chaps. My timezone might fuck up the pace of the drafting, so I'd happily take a step back and watch the crazy 'mericans go even crazier over two lines of mastodonts crashing into one another with fast guys trying to catch a pin point precision grenade.

Nah, we've got plenty of time till the season starts. Plus Grumble is already in anyway.

OK, a short explanation.

The draft is pretty simple. We randomly draw each team a draft number 1-10 (assuming 10 teams). Then the first round order is 1-10, round two snakes back 10-1 (so the team picking last in round 1 gets the first pick in round 2), round 3 1-10, round 4 10-1 and so on. Usually 14 rounds.

Thats it.

#11 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 18 July 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Nah, we've got plenty of time till the season starts. Plus Grumble is already in anyway.

OK, a short explanation.

The draft is pretty simple. We randomly draw each team a draft number 1-10 (assuming 10 teams). Then the first round order is 1-10, round two snakes back 10-1 (so the team picking last in round 1 gets the first pick in round 2), round 3 1-10, round 4 10-1 and so on. Usually 14 rounds.

Thats it.

OK. So basically, if NHL.com's guide to fantasy NFL is worth its salt, I'll be looking to draft a running back with scoring potential (and a good injury-free record) and a qualified QB in round 1 to 3 (perhaps grabbing a wide receiver instead), then fill up until each position is covered and we all have a team. Got it, then :)'

EDIT: Tapper in game moderator alt. Who is lazy.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 18 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#12 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 18 July 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

OK, a short explanation.

Thats it.

OK. So basically, if NHL.com's guide to fantasy NFL is worth its salt, I'll be looking to draft a running back with scoring potential (and a good injury-free record) and a qualified QB in round 1 to 3 (perhaps grabbing a wide receiver instead), then fill up until each position is covered and we all have a team. Got it, then :)'

Vengeance posting as a gamer moderator in Vengeance... I'm lazy too. :(

didn't realize that the NHL had opinions about NFL fantasy drafts...

This post has been edited by Vengeance: 18 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

#13 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostVengeance, on 18 July 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

OK, a short explanation.

Thats it.

better get his skates on for the draft ... lol
What Would Jack Do ?

#14 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostVengeance, on 18 July 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

OK, a short explanation.

Thats it.

Well, they're sports so damn boring they need other stuff to talk about, apparently.

#15 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

I should be able to play.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#16 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'm in!

#17 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Aight homes, thats 9. 12 is the best number for a league imo so if we can get 3 more that'd be awesome.
Actually 2 would be good, if we cant find a 3rd i'll make my brother play, even though he hates it. But to be fair, I think he hates it because he sucks.

#18 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

make him play!

#19 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

So in if there's room!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#20 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

Gotta make room for Bliss.

She's a girl! It'll be one less person to worry about!

JUST KIDDING.

Bet she beats us all.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

Share this topic:

• 31 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users