• You cannot reply to this topic

Cyberpunk 2077 The Grim future of Cyberpunk is surprisingly buggy

#41 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

that is some sexy gameplay footage. Those crowds! I wonder if they'd all react is someone was to randomly fire a gun?

Also, I want to see how well V can be made to climb those giant buildings.

The sliding-dash-shooting move is glorious albeit it feels OP. The whole "bolting bits of UI onto yourself through upgrades" is really cool, though I do hope we can turn off the GPS quest markers.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 27 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#42 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

Heh. 4 1/2 min. in - boobs.

I was wondering why I had to sign in to watch it.

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

It does look very, very good, though you also have to wonder about how much is heavily scripted/made for the demo.

I love all the augmentation and weapon choices but as Ment says a lot of it seemed highly overpowered versus the grunts we saw. I hope stronger more versatile enemies show up that can counter you. For example I hope that there are enemies that can't be targeted by homing rounds.

I wonder how much traversal you really can do with those Mantis blades. Surely you can't just scale any wall you walk up to.

I wish they'd shown of some more detail on how conversations work. I assume you had deeper dialogue wheel like options that they skipped for the sake of the demo length? What ever the case the dialogue did seem very well written.

I was floored by the driving segment. Is the city really that open and that big? Could we had stopped the car at any moment and gone sight seeing? Can we just pop that spider drone and go looking around?

Seems crazy ambitious over all. CDPR makes the rest of the industry look second rate. Shame they apparently run their studios like sweatshops.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 27 August 2018 - 08:25 PM

#44 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

Ambitious is the word that sprang to my mind, too. Just watched it through on the big tv. The level of detail is stunning, although - granted - maybe just the demo (remembering the first Witcher 3 footage vs the final game - although maybe they'll have learned from that?). The transitions between scripted sequences and actual gameplay were seamless. Time to start saving for a new pc, I guess. V has the sexiest voice. The voice acting in general sounds excellent.

I was excited before. Now I'm hyped. Wow. Just . . . wow.

#45 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 27 August 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

It does look very, very good, though you also have to wonder about how much is heavily scripted/made for the demo.

I love all the augmentation and weapon choices but as Ment says a lot of it seemed highly overpowered versus the grunts we saw. I hope stronger more versatile enemies show up that can counter you. For example I hope that there are enemies that can't be targeted by homing rounds.

I wonder how much traversal you really can do with those Mantis blades. Surely you can't just scale any wall you walk up to.

I wish they'd shown of some more detail on how conversations work. I assume you had deeper dialogue wheel like options that they skipped for the sake of the demo length? What ever the case the dialogue did seem very well written.

I was floored by the driving segment. Is the city really that open and that big? Could we had stopped the car at any moment and gone sight seeing? Can we just pop that spider drone and go looking around?

Seems crazy ambitious over all. CDPR makes the rest of the industry look second rate. Shame they apparently run their studios like sweatshops.

To be fair, the announcer DID say "and now, for the sake of it being a demo, we're gonna unlock some high-level skills for V to us in combat against these early-game grunts". So, mantis-blades and weapon-hacking aren't thing you'd normally be using that early. Likewise, V probably wouldn't afford that much reflex booster shots for that perma-slow-mo in the end there at this point, nor would she have the smart or corp weapons, which were clearly high-level gear.

Still, I'd have liked to see the damage model with V taking some serious damage, since this is an RPG, and that's inevitable what'd happen to me 90% of the time.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 27 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

#46 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

https://www.polygon....mo-expectations

Interesting take on the car chase. I actually said 'wow' when watching that bit, even if it was on rails. Speaking as someone who always struggles with the vehicular combat in the GTA games, I liked the more cinematic approach to it a lot.

#47 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

https://www.pcgamer....gameplay-video/

A single frame at the very end of the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal trailer contains a secret message from CD Projekt Red, echoing Badowski's statement about the studio's hesitation to share the video. As transcribed by Fixer on Reddit, it says:

Sorry to have kept you waiting for this for so long!

Did you like what you saw? Because for us, the fact that we're finally showing you Cyberpunk 2077 is HUGE. Please go to our forums, Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and do tell what you think. Is the game world how you imagined? Do you see what we meant by 'immersion' when we talked about CP2077 being an FPP RPG? How does our vision of 'cyberpunk by day' make you feel? We really want to know.

Aside from that, we think we owe you a few words of explanation on why we're showing you this gameplay now, some time after industry professionals and media saw it at E3 and Gamescom.

Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this 'we're not 100% sure' limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It's not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don't know what we'll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky—we don't want gamers saying 'But in that previous video that gun was shooting differently', or 'Why did you change the interface?' Change is inherent to game development and there's a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you'll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1.

What gave us that extra confidence to show you a work in progress game? Good initial feedback from people who are accustomed to see games at various stages of development. What they told us (and they told us they really liked what they saw) gave us the boost we needed to show the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 to the most passionate and insightful audience—you.

So... here's what Cyberpunk 2077 looks like today (or rather looked like when we recorded the video). We sincerely hope you liked it.

Again, thank you for your patience and all the thoughts you shared with us.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED

#48 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:11 AM

I'll have a watch of the trailer later. My expectations aren't great with Projekt Red though as their hype trains haven't delivered for me in the past.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#49 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:23 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 28 August 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

I'll have a watch of the trailer later. My expectations aren't great with Projekt Red though as their hype trains haven't delivered for me in the past.

That's because you're cold and dead inside. The Witcher 3 was a masterpiece.

And wow, cyberpunk sure looks interesting.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#50 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 August 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

It looked good and interesting, but I wasn't bowled over by what I saw in the way so many critics so far seem to have been. I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but other than the setting, it doesn't (yet) seem to offer much new from a standard action RPG. But they didn't reveal anything concerning the overarching plot, which might of course turn out to be awesome.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#51 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 28 August 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

It was decent but didn't deliver on the hype (as is often the way). I still haven't found a desire to go back and finish that siege bit yet. Might wind up as a DNF.

#52 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:30 AM

If you haven't watched the video yet, check it out. It's nothing like Witcher besides great writing and high quality art work.

#53 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 29 August 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

If you haven't watched the video yet, check it out. It's nothing like Witcher besides great writing and high quality art work.

I'll watch it at some stage (can't really at work). Until I see it in action I'll probably remain quite guarded about it. I don't trust hype trains any more.

#54 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:32 AM

Just in case you missed it

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#56 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm getting really excited about Cyberpunk 2077. The ambition and audacity to pull off what has been talked about is going to be amazeballs if they deliver. I don't think the various (and radically different ways) in which you can take your character has ever been achieved to this level before. We still have to get the game into our hands, so this hype could all crumble away in the winds of reality, but holy shit I'm liking what I'm hearing.

The Nomads gang sounds appealing to me. I wonder if you can develop your character down that path? Being able to traverse the wasteland outside the city as a travelling caravan as sickos scratches an itch I have.Posted Image One negative could be that you have to do a lot of courier type side tasks though, which could be fun initially, but too many could get tedious and boring after awhile. I also find developing to the utmost pinnacle; the abilities associated with being a transcendent cybernetic/human life-form too. decisions.... decisions... *evilfingertapping

#57 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:33 PM

CDPRED have set an enormously high standard with Witcher 3. They made a massive open world RPG with a passable main story, minimal filler content, and high-quality side content that I enjoyed more than most of the main story set pieces.

Now they are trying to take that and apply it to a systemic Deus-Ex like RPG set in an area as vast as a GTA game.

Naturally, I'm excited (Deus Ex is one of my favourite games of all time, and so is Witcher to 1), but I also realize how enormous of an undertaking that is. I have no clue what to expect in terms of quest design in setting, but even not knowing what I want, I know that I will be expecting same density of stuff as Witcher 3. And whether that's realistic or not is the real question here.

#58 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:01 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic. Witcher 3 promised a lot and only delivered about half - so I'd hope this plays out more like a Deus Ex style game (the two of which I've played have kept me engaged throughout). Have to wait and see, I guess.

#59 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

Cyberpunk 2077 Should Require 80GB on PS4; 4K Confirmed for Xbox One X

80GB install size for PS4. Bigger then The Witcher 3 and all of its DLC combined. 80GB is right up there with Red Dead Redemption 2, and if you played that, whooboy, you know how amazing that open world is (a true watershed moment in video gaming). So this gets me even more excited.

#60 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:41 PM

It's probably just texture size.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users