Malazan Empire: Cyberpunk 2077 - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cyberpunk 2077 CD Project Red's new game is "teased".

#61 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:32 AM

Just in case you missed it

Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isnít me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like heís me. Look down, back up, where are you? Youíre in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. Whatís in your hand, back at me. I have it, itís an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. Iím on a quorl.

#62 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Guys, I don't know about you, but I'm getting really excited about Cyberpunk 2077. The ambition and audacity to pull off what has been talked about is going to be amazeballs if they deliver. I don't think the various (and radically different ways) in which you can take your character has ever been achieved to this level before. We still have to get the game into our hands, so this hype could all crumble away in the winds of reality, but holy shit I'm liking what I'm hearing.

The Nomads gang sounds appealing to me. I wonder if you can develop your character down that path? Being able to traverse the wasteland outside the city as a travelling caravan as sickos scratches an itch I have.Posted Image One negative could be that you have to do a lot of courier type side tasks though, which could be fun initially, but too many could get tedious and boring after awhile. I also find developing to the utmost pinnacle; the abilities associated with being a transcendent cybernetic/human life-form too. decisions.... decisions... *evilfingertapping

#63 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:33 PM

CDPRED have set an enormously high standard with Witcher 3. They made a massive open world RPG with a passable main story, minimal filler content, and high-quality side content that I enjoyed more than most of the main story set pieces.

Now they are trying to take that and apply it to a systemic Deus-Ex like RPG set in an area as vast as a GTA game.

Naturally, I'm excited (Deus Ex is one of my favourite games of all time, and so is Witcher to 1), but I also realize how enormous of an undertaking that is. I have no clue what to expect in terms of quest design in setting, but even not knowing what I want, I know that I will be expecting same density of stuff as Witcher 3. And whether that's realistic or not is the real question here.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#64 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Interests:Bringing literacy to the folk of Yorkshire

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:01 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic. Witcher 3 promised a lot and only delivered about half - so I'd hope this plays out more like a Deus Ex style game (the two of which I've played have kept me engaged throughout). Have to wait and see, I guess.
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#65 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

Cyberpunk 2077 Should Require 80GB on PS4; 4K Confirmed for Xbox One X

80GB install size for PS4. Bigger then The Witcher 3 and all of its DLC combined. 80GB is right up there with Red Dead Redemption 2, and if you played that, whooboy, you know how amazing that open world is (a true watershed moment in video gaming). So this gets me even more excited.

#66 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:41 PM

It's probably just texture size.

#67 User is online   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:25 PM

Whatís the GB?
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#68 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:15 PM

Over 9000.

#69 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

View PostAptorian, on 29 June 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Over 9000.

What!? NINE THOUSAND!?!?
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

#70 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:25 AM

I had kind of hoped the release would have coincided with the PS5. My PS4 will struggle somewhat with this game I fear.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#71 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How you doin?

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:57 AM

Gotta get that sweet double dip income.

#72 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:15 PM

Damn, starting a game and just setting up your character may very well barrage you with so many options that you could spend, like the first hour / hour and a half, just setting up your character it sounds like. Do you guys think the game's presentation may be so granular that getting mired in the minutia of it all may cause fatigue? What if you just want to jump right in and shoot stuff?

Cyberpunk 2077 has three different playable prologues depending on your starting choice

#73 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:14 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 July 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Damn, starting a game and just setting up your character may very well barrage you with so many options that you could spend, like the first hour / hour and a half, just setting up your character it sounds like. Do you guys think the game's presentation may be so granular that getting mired in the minutia of it all may cause fatigue? What if you just want to jump right in and shoot stuff?

Cyberpunk 2077 has three different playable prologues depending on your starting choice

If that's the case a cyberpunk themed RPG doesn't sound like the game to play.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#74 User is offline   Serenity 

• Going somewhere?

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:18 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 03 July 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

If that's the case a cyberpunk themed RPG doesn't sound like the game to play.

I'd imagine that anyone who just wants to jump in and shoot stuff wouldn't bother taking the time to agonise over creating a character. And I suppose they may have ready-made archetypes for people who can't be arsed with it.

I have a friend (it's true!) who disliked Witcher 3 because she couldn't create her own character. But then Dragon Age Inquisition is her favourite game, so there's no accounting for taste Posted Image

#75 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:43 AM

Imagine being fatigued by minutia because you're that weak *sniffs, smooths skirts, sneers, it's also a pleated skirt of wool, dyed blue with the folds bearing a slightly navy hue*

#76 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• Make the Empire Great Again

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 03 July 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Imagine being fatigued by minutia because you're that weak *sniffs, smooths skirts, sneers, it's also a pleated skirt of wool, dyed blue with the folds bearing a slightly navy hue*

So you'll be taking that job in the WoT TV show wardrobe dept after all?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 03 July 2019 - 08:40 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesnít work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#77 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 03 July 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 03 July 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

So you'll be taking that job in the WoT TV show wardrobe dept after all?

Unfortunately not. I can only use Saidum.

#78 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

I mean, I'm pretty used to watching the opening cinematic, then pressing "menu" (or whatever's the in-game equivalent) and spending the next hour or 3 studying skill trees, available glossary/lore and other background minutia to immerse myself in the game, so I don't see a problem.

But that's just me. After I already spent 15 minutes rebind ing my keyboard so that whatever buttons I need are all neatly spread out around the arrow keys instead of WASD

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 03 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#79 User is online   BfuckinK 

• Master of the Deck
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:50 PM

What is WASD?
Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#80 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:03 PM

Usual keyboard keybinds for movement in games.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isnít me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like heís me. Look down, back up, where are you? Youíre in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. Whatís in your hand, back at me. I have it, itís an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. Iím on a quorl.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users