• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cyberpunk 2077 The Grim future of Cyberpunk is surprisingly buggy

#141 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:51 PM

Didn't seek out the leaked map cause I don't want to spoil anything, but in reading some general impressions of it, it seems that the map isn't all that big, but is supposed to be denser then a French pastry. So that sounds wonderful to me. Would prefer an interactive, living, breathing, smaller sandbox, instead of empty spaces with nothing. GoT suffered from some of that, tbh.

#142 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:49 PM

Cyberpunk delayed until December 10th

#143 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:55 PM

LULZ
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#144 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:58 PM

What the hell.

#145 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:01 PM

I've only ever pre-ordered two games - Red Dead Redemption 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. I almost pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077. I'm glad I didn't.

#146 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

You know who the real loser here is?

Ubi. Fenix Rising is gonna totally fade into obscurity now. Its chance to get launch hype for a new IP just vanished.

#147 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:54 PM

I've only ever been a casual gamer and basically play video games that meet some threshold of review marks that I feel is worth my $60 to fork out. I've never had a "hard core" gamer mindset and consequently, I don't allow things like delays vortex into a tight ball of anger and disappointment in my head when games are delayed. If I was CDPR, I'd delay the game yet again, just cause.

CD Projekt Red Developers Are Getting Death Threats After 'Cyberpunk 2077' Delay

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 October 2020 - 10:07 PM

#148 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:18 PM

Be careful out there. I, luckily, cruised past a heading titled -"'Cyberpunk 2077' Spoilers Are Starting To Hit The Internet."

I'm going zero-dark thirty on anything Cyberpunk 2077, except looking over trusted review aggregate sources. I almost got caught in the spoiler bullshit that leaked prior to The Last of Us Part II, I aint getting screwed over for CP 2077. Be careful guys.

#149 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:37 PM

I kinda went on blackout after the first Night City Wire. I meant to watch the 2nd, but I was busy with work, and just kinda never got around catching up with all the marketing spew.

At this point, I just wanna read some meaty reviews to make up my mind. Too much hype is anti-hype as far as I'm concerned

#150 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostMentalist, on 23 November 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

I kinda went on blackout after the first Night City Wire. I meant to watch the 2nd, but I was busy with work, and just kinda never got around catching up with all the marketing spew.

At this point, I just wanna read some meaty reviews to make up my mind. Too much hype is anti-hype as far as I'm concerned

I'm sorta the same except my leery view comes from the Witcher games being overhyped and overrated.

We'll see what trusted sources say (I.e. mates with similar gaming taste as me who usually know what I like).
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#151 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:22 PM

I never got into Witcher 1, felt too clunky at the time. Witcher 2 was good and I found Witcher 3 to be great. So they delivered on those.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#152 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:39 PM

175 hours from one playtester. Even if they are a completions for every little thing that is a lot of content.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#153 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:48 PM

Saw the ad that has begun running on linear tv. It has Keanu Reeves and at the end it says the game is available on Dec. 10. So, no more delays? We are a go?

#154 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:28 PM

Who knows maybe just one last little delay of a few hours because they misspelled the title card.

#155 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:37 PM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 27 November 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 23 November 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

I'm sorta the same except my leery view comes from the Witcher games being overhyped and overrated.

We'll see what trusted sources say (I.e. mates with similar gaming taste as me who usually know what I like).

Eh, TW1 is one of my most replayed games of all time; but I went into it having read and enjoyed the books, and I loved the games (or at least the writing in the Russian localization) for being basically a love letter to the books, and better than most RPGs out there.

I'm a very specific case in that sense, though. Objectively, taken in a vacuum, there's a lot of good and bad things about the series.

At this point, I'm just not motivated to shell out the 80 CAD for any game, really. My backlog is too vast for me to feel there's any "must play" that's worth the AAA asking price right now.

EDIT: also, way too many cool indie titles being released in the 20-40CAD range that generally look way more enticing.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 01 December 2020 - 11:39 PM

#156 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:53 PM

I'm not playing any new game, even Cyberpunk, before I get my hands on a new Console or PC.

If anything I'm guessing, in typical CDPR fashion, you're better off waiting a month to a year, for the patches and updates to roll in.

Still I'm itching to play it.

This post has been edited by The Incredible Aptorian: 01 December 2020 - 07:53 PM

#157 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

Still need to see reviews, but it I think I will be playing this early. Do you guys know if the extra $10USD only applies to buying the game for PS5/XBOX Series X?

Staying away from any media about this (don't want spoilers), but I did catch a short snippet on how distinctly unique the various factions are. And there are some unique RPG elements that are not typical and/or completely new to video game thinking on how one can assign skill points to attributes. And I guess they got to such granular detail in the game that garbage is unique to the ambient surroundings. I guess that kind of attention to the smallest details could be a reason for burnout > delays? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#158 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 December 2020 - 01:24 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 December 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

Still need to see reviews, but it I think I will be playing this early. Do you guys know if the extra $10USD only applies to buying the game for PS5/XBOX Series X?

Staying away from any media about this (don't want spoilers), but I did catch a short snippet on how distinctly unique the various factions are. And there are some unique RPG elements that are not typical and/or completely new to video game thinking on how one can assign skill points to attributes. And I guess they got to such granular detail in the game that garbage is unique to the ambient surroundings. I guess that kind of attention to the smallest details could be a reason for burnout > delays? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I keep meaning to catch up on the Night City Wire streams starting with number 2, but stuff keeps distracting me, *shrug*.

There's probably a good deal of unique RPG mechanics, they are adapting a tabletop RPG after all.

But given how much money has been poured into it, this game is also going for GTA-level mass appeal, so most of those mechanics probably will be optional or really under the hood stuff.

#159 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 December 2020 - 05:51 PM

Reviews are out. Cyberpunk is sitting around 91 on Open Critic:

https://opencritic.c.../cyberpunk-2077

Seems like it's really buggy. Kind of glad I don't have a platform to play it on yet.

#160 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:12 PM

The bugs and glitches criticisms I'm seeing has me thinking about waiting. The bugs early on in Witcher 3 were severe enough were I wanted to bail. If there is potential to lose progress and you are required to replay, or start over, that will really piss me off.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users