• You cannot reply to this topic

Cyberpunk 2077 The Grim future of Cyberpunk is surprisingly buggy

#161 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:49 PM

All the early reviews are PC-only. The scores seem to vary (largely) on how bad the reviewer's experience with bugs was.

At this point, I'm leaning towards waiting for a price cut to around 50 CAD. I'm not feeling an imsim right now (I'm in my bi-annual RTS phase right now), and If I do end up craving a holiday open world fix, I got the GOG versions of Arkham games that need to be re-played for those sweet, meaningless Galaxy achievements, :)
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#162 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:51 PM

I'm guessing there will be a honkin' huge patch update released. I can imagine how it goes - buys physical disc, comes home - puts it in PS4 with anticipation of playing - 25GB update starts downloading - plays Fall Guys instead - checks progress - plays more Fall Guys.

BTW, I guess the new PS5 hasn't resolved the slow download, install. Something to do (I believe I read somewhere) with the inefficient copying/install phase. I think I read that, could be wrong though.

#163 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:55 AM

Well so far things are playing out quite badly from what I've seen:

PC and Xbox X: playable to very good

XBOne, PS4 and PS5: borderline unplayable

My friends list is a dichotomy right now - those who are literally pissing tears of joy over how amazing it is, and those on the bottom three systems raging and stating they're going to be requesting refunds. Apparently the PS5 version defaults to the same basic version of the game as the PS4 one does (not sure how that works but hey...).

Quite how a studio would release a game in a state like I've seen for the PS4 version I don't know, but there we are.

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#164 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 December 2020 - 09:28 AM

I've decided that I'll play the GOTY version when it inevitably comes out in a years time.

#165 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 11 December 2020 - 01:30 PM

It's running remarkably well on my 6 year old pc (i5 4690k, 8gb RAM, SSD). I did upgrade to a GTX 1060 6gb about three years ago (when I was playing Witcher 3) but that's the only component that has been changed from when I bought it. No ray tracing, of course, and I'm only playing at 1080p, but I cranked the graphic settings up to 'ultra' and the only thing I've lowered is the 'far distance shadows' (and turned off 'film grain' cos I hate that). Played about five hours so far without any issues.

#166 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:29 PM

What about bugs?

#167 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 December 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostThe Incredible Aptorian, on 11 December 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

I've decided that I'll play the GOTY version when it inevitably comes out in a years time.

Unless it's given to me as a gift unexpectedly, this will be me as well. I can wait.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#168 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 December 2020 - 04:42 PM

10 hours in, no significant bugs. A couple of late load-on-demands, but you get those on most open world games. There was one odd moment when I bumped into a pedestrian and she shot 50 feet into the air onto the overpass overhead, from where she yelled "Arsehole!" at me from her fresh vantage point, which I thought was fair enough. Otherwise no problems whatsoever.

Playing on PC with an nVidia 2060 graphics card at 1080p on High settings. I could probably crank it up to Ultra but it looks amazing as it is and it's significantly less demanding, so not much reason to. It does look like on PC the new drivers released by nVidia and AMD on launch day nuked almost all of the problems in one go, rather fortunately for CDPR. On PC I'd go as far as saying it's launched in a significantly better state than WATCH_DOGS: LEGION, ASSCREED VALHALLA and HORIZON ZERO DAWN this year, let alone THE WITCHER 1 and 3 (which were both well and truly borked on release), NEW VEGAS or ALPHA PROTOCOL.

On console...yikes. The game's clearly not been optimised and CDPR should have, at least, held the the XB1 and PS4 versions to fix them up properly. The XBX version seems (mostly) fine but the PS5 versions seems a bit over the place, which is weird. I think Sony and Microsoft have to answer why they cleared the game for release when it's clearly not ready on those machines.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#169 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:52 PM

View PostThe Incredible Aptorian, on 11 December 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

What about bugs?

Nothing so far - one visual glitch where a pair of chopsticks floated in the air, that was it.

#170 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 11 December 2020 - 10:17 PM

Mine just updated with hotfix 1.04 :

https://www.cyberpun...043/hotfix-1-04

#171 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:27 AM

https://twitter.com/...390123373801472

This is an incredibly incensere appology from CDPR for the condition of the old gen consoles.

#172 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:54 PM

One of the problems having a game that's been in development for eight years does lead to jokes that are extremely outdated.

Not only are there multiple Portal references that don't land as fresh in 2020 as they would have in 2014 or even 2016, but there's a bit of a catty comment about the non-appearance of another Half-Life game which would be more entertaining if Valve hadn't planned, made and released a Half-Life game in a third of a time it took CP77 to percolate.

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."

#173 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:01 PM

oof, so apparently it's not playing very nice with Ryzen CPUs.

Haven't had the time to watch the Digital Foundry breakdown yet, but that's what I'm hearing.

Yup, definitely gonna give this one some time u to get fixed up. GOG's spring sale sounds like it'll be a good time to grab this.
I mean, the game made back its deve and marketing costs in pre-orders alone, so surely they can last without my 80 CAD.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#174 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostWerthead, on 14 December 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

One of the problems having a game that's been in development for eight years does lead to jokes that are extremely outdated.

Not only are there multiple Portal references that don't land as fresh in 2020 as they would have in 2014 or even 2016, but there's a bit of a catty comment about the non-appearance of another Half-Life game which would be more entertaining if Valve hadn't planned, made and released a Half-Life game in a third of a time it took CP77 to percolate.

There's a joke in the Half Life mod USS Darkstar that jumps out here...

"I waited forty years for Gravy Trader, and I'm not leaving until I get it running!"

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#175 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:40 AM

I've put in around 15 hours play time so far, no crashes, no bugs, just two minor visual glitches where items were floating in mid-air, so I guess I've been very lucky. The only time I've noticed any major frame rate hiccups was when I was using a motorcycle. GOG's own FPS counter doesn't work with it, and neither does Fraps. Might have to try Afterburner, but I suspect it's been hovering around the 30fps mark the rest of the time.

I actually want to concentrate on Trails of Cold Steel II at the moment, so I'll only be dipping in and out of Cyberpunk. At least that's what I keep telling myself. It'll be interesting to see what sort of updates it gets in the meantime. What I've played so far has been fantastic, though.

#176 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:13 PM

View PostSerenity, on 15 December 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

I've put in around 15 hours play time so far, no crashes, no bugs, just two minor visual glitches where items were floating in mid-air, so I guess I've been very lucky. The only time I've noticed any major frame rate hiccups was when I was using a motorcycle. GOG's own FPS counter doesn't work with it, and neither does Fraps. Might have to try Afterburner, but I suspect it's been hovering around the 30fps mark the rest of the time.

I actually want to concentrate on Trails of Cold Steel II at the moment, so I'll only be dipping in and out of Cyberpunk. At least that's what I keep telling myself. It'll be interesting to see what sort of updates it gets in the meantime. What I've played so far has been fantastic, though.

I don't think it's luck, I just think the PC and next-gen versions really were ready (or almost ready) to go, and the Day 0/1 patches and the new AMD/nVidia drivers nuked most of the problems experienced by reviewers in one fell swoop. Even the Pro/Elite versions are playable, if buggier than they should be. It's really the OG PS4 and XB1 versions that are seriously borked, by CDPR's own admission they didn't test them enough.

#177 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:44 PM

I saw a fun/infuriating article earlier about the cops in Cyberpunk. Apparently they're worse than Oblivions guards. If you commit a crime they will teleport in behind you, no matter where you are, inside an elevator, in the middle of the desert, etc.

#178 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 17 December 2020 - 06:19 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 December 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

I saw a fun/infuriating article earlier about the cops in Cyberpunk. Apparently they're worse than Oblivions guards. If you commit a crime they will teleport in behind you, no matter where you are, inside an elevator, in the middle of the desert, etc.

Never had a problem with that. Only annoying things about cops is the drones swooping out of the sky when you're trying to get away, which makes sense...
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#179 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:15 PM

View PostAptorian, on 17 December 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

Yeah, you can break the logic of the game by standing in specific places which makes the cops spawn in weird places. The system seems designed for you to commit a crime on the street or in a small building, so the cops spawn around a corner or outside and then move in. Doing it somewhere else can make them appear really where they shouldn't be.

Older GTA games used to do this, but they used a more sophisticated system around GTA5 to make the spawn-in points much less obvious, and they can chase you in cars etc, which they can't in CP77.

#180 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:57 PM

Do you guys think CDPR will have a turn around (reputation saving) scenario like No Man's Sky / Activision-Bundgie (Destiny 2) for console owners? It seems like it's settled that last gen (PS4 / XBone) is pretty much hosed. Or do you think they will try and fix the game to the point that playing on those consoles will be enjoyable? How bad is this on PS5/XBox Series X btw? I get the feeling it is worse on a PS5.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users