• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Legend of Korra

#41 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

I thought Asami and Iroh were going to bang.

Maybe that's the true plot twist for season 2...

#42 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostDr Trouble, on 24 June 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

I thought it was all a little bit too neat. It needed a cliff hanger. Something to keep us wanting more for next season.

Instead we got nothing

I agree. I really enjoyed it, but it was all too compact. Too compressed. I was expecting the "war" to span at least another half season. But, even accepting that they wanted to keep it all in the first season, it still felt as if they wanted to wipe the slate clean for next season. I'm pretty sure they had cliffhangers in TLA.

#43 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 25 June 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

View PostDr Trouble, on 24 June 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

I thought it was all a little bit too neat. It needed a cliff hanger. Something to keep us wanting more for next season.

Instead we got nothing

I agree. I really enjoyed it, but it was all too compact. Too compressed. I was expecting the "war" to span at least another half season. But, even accepting that they wanted to keep it all in the first season, it still felt as if they wanted to wipe the slate clean for next season. I'm pretty sure they had cliffhangers in TLA.

They did: the threat of the Fire Nation and the return of the Comet was always hanging over the whole show. But each 'Book' finished fairly neatly - recall the closure of the first season, with the defeat of the Fire Nation siege on the Northern Water Tribe. *shrug*

It may feel like there were less threads hanging, but the plot as a whole is still waiting to be resolved - presumably as Worry pointed out, the conflict between Benders and non-Benders is going to see a lot more action before it is resolved. Or they're planning on changing things up a lot with the next season, I guess...but I think that's why this feels like it doesn't have a proper 'cliffhanger' ending - the main threat in the conflict was Amon, and now he's gone. After all, without the ability to remove someone's Bending, any new leader of the 'revolution' is not going to be as effective, unless they wage a war of true extermination, somehow.

But I agree that it all felt very compact - it resolved rapidly. That certainly suggests that the writers were running out of steam. I also thought that it trapped itself somewhat in Republic City. Much as we got the whole "travel the world" thing last time to a massive degree, and I can't really complain about the setting in this one, it was VERY limited in scope. So maybe next time they're planning on branching out a bit, much as the idea of Republic City seems quite central to the storyline...I dunno.

But it was a good first season all around. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Dammit, I have the first 6 eps of this ready to watch and simply haven't found the time to do so yet, but I caught half an episode on the weekend on TV and was really impressed....arg. Need more time!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Indeed.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#46 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

I got the impression that everyone was dead except Katara, but I don't remember if it's said outright. But I think Katara herself mentions it early on, being the last of the old crew.

#47 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

I read somewhere Zuko is traveling the world after giving up the rule of the fire nation to his Daughter.

#48 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just watched all 12 episodes in a row.

GODS DAMN. That was fucking EPIC. I loved every second of that, and the finale was amazing! Well written, funny, action packed and phenomenally animated...just WOW.

Oh and fave part:

Spoiler

Man, Season 2 (14 eps!) cannot come soon enough as far as I am concerned. Bolin's comedy, btw, was always so spot on that I laughed my tail off...and Meelo's comedy as well.

Also... friggin David Faustino (Bud Bundy) of all people as Mako? LOL, awesome.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#49 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 July 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Also... friggin David Faustino (Bud Bundy) of all people as Mako? LOL, awesome.

Holy shit, that's brilliant haha, cannot believe it didn't register for me!

Totally agree with everything else, it's going to be great!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostBriar King, on 03 July 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Wtf Bub bunny is 17 yr old Mako?! He is just slightly older then I think lol.

Haha, BK, I think you will find that the majority of animated shows have a host of voice actors MUCH older than who they are voicing. Just the way it is.

Also, I'm impressed by just how stoic J.K. Simmons is able to play Tenzin...very cool.

And yeah, now when I watch FALLING SKIES and Lourdes talks all I can hear is Asami. LOL

#51 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Also Bub Bunny is a hilarious typo.

#52 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 July 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Also JK Simons is the shit. It's funny knowing Tenzin is voiced by the cold blooded raping Nazi from HBO's OZ.

I prefer to think of him as J. Jonah Jameson from Spiderman. :)

#53 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

http://uk.ign.com/ar...teases-season-2

The Legend of Korra has just been picked up for 26 additional episodes, which brings the series tally to 52 episodes spread across four books total. It was also revealed that Book Two will be called Spirits and picks up six months after the end of Season 1.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#54 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Good stuff - it sounds like someone's speculation upthread that more development of the Spiritual aspect of being the Avatar would be the focus was on the money. :) Guess we'll be getting more of Koh the Face Stealer, at least. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#55 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

For those who aren't yet into the show, here is my official rundown/ review of Season 1 (no spoilers)

http://bit.ly/OsDEmh

#56 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#57 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Oooooo. :-D Now there's more to look forward to in September than Sanderson's new novel. Posted Image

#58 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, that looks REALLY solid. But then the first season literally blew me away, so I was expecting this would impress me. Can't wait to see the second season.

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

So for those who don't know the first two eps of Season 2 aired on Nick last night (THE REBEL SPIRIT and THE SOUTHERN LIGHTS), and both were REALLY good!

I'm so glad this series is back, as I just think it's the pinnacle of animated shows that don't talk down to kids, and have a good message while being an action-packed blast!

Great start to the second season! You can watch both on the Nick site in full right now!

#60 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

Uuuu those were awesome; I love the quality of animation in this! :D Visualgasm.
Just typical to leave a cliffhanger that will make one gnaw at their nails till...when's the next ep airing, again?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users