#14401 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 PM

View PostAbyss, on 17 September 2024 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 16 September 2024 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostMezla PigDog, on 16 September 2024 - 05:53 PM, said:

I think I have misjudged Trump. With the attempts on his life, I would have expected him to find a way to quit somehow. He's thin skinned and only out for himself. Has he got himself in too deep to get out? Or do you get used to threats on your life? Or is he more ideological than we thought?

If he doesn't become president again he'll probably go to prison.

This.

Also, he thinks he's immortal and destined to triumphantly return to rule America and this time he'll do away w that silly two-term limit thing and then, well, you're familiar w the Emperor from WH40K or maybe The President from TRANSMETROPOLITAN.....

He's staying in the race because of ego and his "legacy" whatever the hell that means to him. I don't think he goes to prison, even if convicted because he's too old and too difficult to protect.

What I REALLY want the convictions to do is absolutely deligitmize him and his grifting buddies and all the bullshit they sold the deplorables on. If they see him get away with it, they think they can too. This way they can investigate all the side deals and selling out of the country they did and take it back.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#14402 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 PM

Tsundoku, on 17 September 2024 - 08:45 AM, said:

Cause, on 17 September 2024 - 12:50 AM, said:

I always ponder when I see how some presidents can just casually ride the subway to work whereas the us president needs round the clock counter snipers and an armored car with built in machine guns to go a block.

1. Because America.
2. Being so big and powerful and having such an effect for so long does tend to make a lot of enemies based on the fact you are America, not so much who you are individually.

Hasn’t every American president been assasinated by an American though?

#14403 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted Today, 11:11 AM

View PostCause, on 17 September 2024 - 08:49 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 17 September 2024 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostCause, on 17 September 2024 - 12:50 AM, said:

I always ponder when I see how some presidents can just casually ride the subway to work whereas the us president needs round the clock counter snipers and an armored car with built in machine guns to go a block.

1. Because America.
2. Being so big and powerful and having such an effect for so long does tend to make a lot of enemies based on the fact you are America, not so much who you are individually.

Hasn’t every American president been assasinated by an American though?

See #1.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Google