• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9621 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:49 AM

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

Also, I have been very nice to everybody here for several years now. I repented of sarcasm and snark.

True. Don't think I've ever even heard you make a joke!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9622 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Avowed white supremacist Donald J Trump -- whose key issue in the 2016 election was the ethnic cleansing of the United States, and who benefited greatly from racist voting restrictions, racist-in-part backlash to our first black president, and racist-in-full backlash to the sin of dissatisfied non-white voices speaking up (eg Black Lives Matter) -- didn't win the presidency with 5% of the vote though. He won 63% of white men and 52% of white women. Citing those numbers inherently suggests #NotAllWhitePeople -- since neither is 100% -- which makes the incessant whining from white people -- #NotAllWhitePeople -- both redundant and besides the point.

White supremacy, colonialism, anti-blackness, colorism, erasure -- none of these need all or most white people to be in the top two quartiles of overt racist belief to operate. And white people don't need to be in those top two quartiles to be complicit. Hell, you don't even have to be white to be complicit. And when white people get oh so unfairly lumped together in casual conversations, when someone forgets to say "but not all white people are like that" when discussing the horrors visited upon them, maybe it's because protecting white feelings aren't their foremost concern. And perhaps interrupting the serious work of dismantling white supremacy, anti-blackness, and colonialism with the reminder that it's "not all white people" -- in other words, valuing white feelings above those concerns and that work -- you're actually participating, in your own small way, in that ugly legacy you're so desperate not to be lumped in with.

This makes no sense what so ever to me. I don't know why you felt the need to point out the "facts" based part of this convoluted, twice redundant.....statement? It read like an angry man who couldn't wait to put someone in their place by hoping that even though Not all White People are the same, shifty, greedy, complicit and extremely small percentile of government crooks that have been convincing the world that all white people are like these ass holes.

My point was the furthest thing from redundant because it was exactly what I chose to discuss. It can't be redundant unless you've already made up your mind on the issue and couldn't wait to rush forth with what seems like a rebuttal that you've had stored on your hard drive labeled "undermine random white person" trying to counter a sure fire, shared methodology of reverse racism that runs rampant throughout this thread.

I had already agreed to your counter points with a previous poster, so I don't know why you felt the need to repeat the same side of a discussion for any other reason other than you sound cantankerous and in the mood to put one of the very few people who do not share the hive-mind like viewpoints of the major, majority in both this thread and the overall forum.

I wasn't trying to be rude or set the wheels of the leftist agenda in motion.

And finally, it's because I say that not all white people are the same, for the same reasons I say anything. Because it's truth, and I don't understand why it's attacked to think so, or more so to actually post about it.

You and the clones are use to dismissing this saying because you see it as some defense or way to ignore the injustices of our system, but I began with the revealing of my thoughts on the matter. That I see it as a horrible, widespread problem. I don't ignore the racial problems we have, nor could anyone with a heart, yet you're entire response was the same thing that has been said to the other white meat attempting to use this truth as a shield against the obvious horrors we face as a nation, but as I've said before anytime someone in the scope of my political views speaks up, the left agenda is there to make sure they're made to feel guilty for being white in the US.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 19 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#9623 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:55 PM

View PostBrujah, on 19 October 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

trying to counter a sure fire, shared methodology of reverse racism that runs rampant throughout this thread.

the hive-mind like viewpoints of the major, majority in both this thread and the overall forum.

You and the clones anytime someone in the scope of my political views speaks up, the left agenda is there to make sure they're made to feel guilty for being white in the US.

Oh okay. Now that we have it settled that of the two of us I'm the angry one with an axe to grind, arbitrarily taking this opportunity to express long-gestating grievances on others, I'd like to apologize. It was clearly wrong of me -- and my clones, who I take full responsibility for -- to suggest that those who chime in with the important caveat of 'not all white people are like that' are centering white feelings, even if they're right there openly conceding that nonwhite people have it rough too. I hope in the future we can engage with less anger and really come together to do the important work of combating America's reverse racism epidemic. I've learned a lesson here today, and I'd like to thank you for it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9624 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:14 PM

That does make me wonder, though, as maybe a first project: What does giving credit to white people who are not overt bigots look like? How should nonwhite people let them know they appreciate it? What would be enough so the good white people (reportedly most of them) don't feel like all the effort of being non-bigoted was wasted? Despite our flaws as a board, there are still lots of smart people here, so I think we can brainstorm some really solid ideas and right this ship.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9625 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:28 PM

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

trying to counter a sure fire, shared methodology of reverse racism that runs rampant throughout this thread.

the hive-mind like viewpoints of the major, majority in both this thread and the overall forum.

You and the clones anytime someone in the scope of my political views speaks up, the left agenda is there to make sure they're made to feel guilty for being white in the US.

Oh okay. Now that we have it settled that of the two of us I'm the angry one with an axe to grind, arbitrarily taking this opportunity to express long-gestating grievances on others, I'd like to apologize. It was clearly wrong of me -- and my clones, who I take full responsibility for -- to suggest that those who chime in with the important caveat of 'not all white people are like that' are centering white feelings, even if they're right there openly conceding that nonwhite people have it rough too. I hope in the future we can engage with less anger and really come together to do the important work of combating America's reverse racism epidemic. I've learned a lesson here today, and I'd like to thank you for it.

Even though this sounds super sarcastic, I also apologize for being so outspoken. I really wasn't trying to argue, or troll up an argument. It's just that I think some people TRY to purposely make me feel bad, no matter how I approach certain subjects.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#9626 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

That does make me wonder, though, as maybe a first project: What does giving credit to white people who are not overt bigots look like? How should nonwhite people let them know they appreciate it? What would be enough so the good white people (reportedly most of them) don't feel like all the effort of being non-bigoted was wasted? Despite our flaws as a board, there are still lots of smart people here, so I think we can brainstorm some really solid ideas and right this ship.

I don't think anyone should have to thank anyone, white or not, for helping them get what they should already deserve.

I also want to add in that I did say not all white people are the ones we all hate, but I don't claim that I would say that it is (most of them) that are true, fair US citizens.

As a defensive point to my thoughts on myself as a white person in the US, I could have chosen to post and stay on any number of book forums. One of the main reasons I'm still posting here, and happily, is because of the world variety of our members.

If I wanted to go play with a bunch of white bigots from the US, I'm sure I could have long ago found the perfect forum. However, I have always enjoyed the stunningly different types of people I've met on here. I think it is a true world forum, or close enough, and I've learned amazingly interesting ideas from around the globe, learned fascinating cultural etiquette for so many different corners on the map, and made some friendships with people that are as important to me as any friendship can.

My only discouraging moments are all based around someone assuming that because I'm white, I'm the enemy. That may sound excessive, but it feels that way from time to time.

My second gripe is that in my Rake vs Draconus poll, Rake had the most votes.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9627 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:05 PM

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

White supremacy, colonialism, anti-blackness, colorism, erasure -- none of these need all or most white people to be in the top two quartiles of overt racist belief to operate. And white people don't need to be in those top two quartiles to be complicit. Hell, you don't even have to be white to be complicit. And when white people get oh so unfairly lumped together in casual conversations, when someone forgets to say "but not all white people are like that" when discussing the horrors visited upon them, maybe it's because protecting white feelings aren't their foremost concern. And perhaps interrupting the serious work of dismantling white supremacy, anti-blackness, and colonialism with the reminder that it's "not all white people" -- in other words, valuing white feelings above those concerns and that work -- you're actually participating, in your own small way, in that ugly legacy you're so desperate not to be lumped in with.

I could agree with you on the underlined if you were talking about some random white person you had just met, but maybe when that white person is a fellow forum member who you've known(at least in some sense) for nearly a decade, isn't the time for such less than compassionate responses. That's how I feel.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9628 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:06 AM

What the fuck are you guys going off on!

This is a thread for politics in the USA not racism in the US or the thread.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#9629 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:29 AM

Let's protect the oil and our arms contracts our friends in KSA but throw the Kurds to the wolves. :(

https://www.news.com...05836a5db188334
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#9630 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:49 AM

View PostVengeance, on 20 October 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

I think Racism in the US is a political construct, not just a moral entity.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9631 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:42 AM

View PostBrujah, on 20 October 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 20 October 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

I think Racism in the US is a political construct, not just a moral entity.

This thread is for political commentary. Start another thread about rasiscm in the America.

#9632 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:50 AM

Understood, but no new thread needed. I won't bring racism back up. I must have read over too fast or incorrectly, thinking it was a current topic.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9633 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:00 AM

View PostBrujah, on 20 October 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

Understood, but no new thread needed. I won't bring racism back up. I must have read over too fast or incorrectly, thinking it was a current topic.

So there is an impeachment going on and scandle after scandle. Let's focus on the real time politics not the underlying roots of the various institutional problems that make up America.

#9634 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:30 AM

:The Force:

- Maynard James Keenan

#9635 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:39 AM

How about HRC saying that Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian Asset like Jill Stein was in 2016.

Or how every congressman and senator who went to Russia on the 4th of July (Sens. Richard C. Shelby (Ala.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Hoeven (N.D.), John Neely Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) and Johnson, plus Rep. Kay Granger (Tex.)) are most likely Russian assets as well.

#9636 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:46 AM

View PostVengeance, on 20 October 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 20 October 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

So there is an impeachment going on and scandle after scandle. Let's focus on the real time politics not the underlying roots of the various institutional problems that make up America.

I don't think Trump will be impeached. I didn't say whether he should, just that I doubt it. It's smoke and mirrors.

Keep your minds on the bizarre white man and his outrageous antics. Pay no mind to the hands stuffing their pockets for when their stint as REVERED MEMBERS of our great nation's Legislative Branch comes to an end.

Who cares how bad they were as legislators, or that they never cared about serving the People. Most everyone runs now with hopes of funneling some of those tax dollars their own way, or by pushing and/or voting for a bill that will guarantee them a job as CEO of the next major Health Care Business that just happened to have been decreed by Congress to be the new handler of the 100 million accounts previously held by Obama Care.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9637 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:48 AM

View PostVengeance, on 20 October 2019 - 02:39 AM, said:

How about HRC saying that Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian Asset like Jill Stein was in 2016.

Or how every congressman and senator who went to Russia on the 4th of July (Sens. Richard C. Shelby (Ala.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Hoeven (N.D.), John Neely Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) and Johnson, plus Rep. Kay Granger (Tex.)) are most likely Russian assets as well.

What's wrong with Russian assets? I think we should form a major alliance with our former Cold War buddies.

- Maynard James Keenan

#9638 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 20 October 2019 - 04:10 AM

View PostBrujah, on 20 October 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

What's wrong with Russian assets? I think we should form a major alliance with our former Cold War buddies.

The fact that the country is controlled by a leader who has attacked the very meaning of our country. Democratic elections. A leader who has stated that he wishes to see us split into different countries a leader who poisons anyone who goes against him if the leave the country . Those that stay are either imprisoned or thrown off of a 5 story balcony. Yeah let's have a closer relationship with them.

Why bother being the leader of the Free world for 75 years when you can turn around and fuck allies over. Then kowtow to petty dictators who are against the things that our country has stood for 250 years.

Russia, China, Saudia, Turkey... We should not being doing business with any of them.

The United States should stand by the ideas it was founded on.

#9639 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:51 AM

View PostBrujah, on 19 October 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Even though this sounds super sarcastic, I also apologize for being so outspoken. I really wasn't trying to argue, or troll up an argument. It's just that I think some people TRY to purposely make me feel bad, no matter how I approach certain subjects.

And you responded by basically dehumanizing and othering a majority of the forum...That's nice.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9640 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

Well Gabbard kind of seems like she is a Republican in all but name so it makes sense. Plus, HRC warned us about Trump and she was correct in that so I'm willing to believe it (though let's face it only the very stupid, very racist or criminally ignorant didn't see Trump for what he was... They only ignored it because it HRC who said it and they all have hate boners against her as yet undefined reasons...)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic