• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9661 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:08 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 23 October 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

It seems a little weird for a member to describe his "opposition" as clones and in the same breath decry the lack of understanding and nuance amongst members of the forum.

A member might apologize for his heated use of the word, and had probably already done so.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#9662 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9663 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:47 AM

Well shoot, it's right there in the name - New Mexico. And we can't let any of them into Colorado, so we got to build a wall there to. This fucking moron. Posted Image

Trump Said He's Building A Wall In Colorado, And No One Knows What He's Talking About

I'm suggesting a requirement to be president - you have to have a basic grasp of US geography that is required to finish the 4th grade.

#9664 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

Texas Republican John Cornyn: Not a bad idea to get U.S. troops out of the way if Turkey planned to ‘ethnically cleanse the Kurds'

Just right there out in the open. NBD. It really just blows my mind that ANYONE could be so casual about ethnic cleansing, never mind of an ally who is only being targeted because of actions taken by an administration run by your party.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#9665 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Well that was after DJT announced that Turks and Kurds were "natural enemies" and that we are securing the oil so Mission Accomplished anyway, right?

#9666 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:38 PM

Wouldn't want to get in the way of a little bit of genocide that you've actively helped to create would you?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9667 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 October 2019 - 07:47 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 24 October 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

Well shoot, it's right there in the name - New Mexico. And we can't let any of them into Colorado, so we got to build a wall there to. This fucking moron. Posted Image

Trump Said He's Building A Wall In Colorado, And No One Knows What He's Talking About

I'm suggesting a requirement to be president - you have to have a basic grasp of US geography that is required to finish the 4th grade.

I'm not certain what's funnier about this... that Trump retro-claims he was making a joke no one at all got, or that near everyone just accepted that he was being serious.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9668 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:14 PM

No one tell him Texas was once part of Mexico, I guess.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#9669 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

He also was 'joking' about shooting migrants in the legs who were running across the border. What a funny, cut-up of a president we have. What a jokester he is. Cheeky little sausage that one. Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#9670 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:41 PM

Good move. I believe Sen. Warren is essentially also for legalization, but hasn't given an affirmative statement on par with an executive order (hopefully she does). I'd also like to hear more about retroactive decriminalization, ie release from custody, expunged records, compensation, etc.

#9671 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

I'm just depressed with how trump is still in a job, let alone out of jail.

#9672 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 October 2019 - 03:06 AM

Don't feel down, Attorney General Barr is on it, using the full force of the Department of Justice to investigate Russian interference on our elections:

Hmm. Wait a minute, now that I read further, it looks like AG Barr wants to investigate the investigators for doing their jobs. That can't be right, as what purpose could that possibly serve other than creating a chilling effect on federal law enforcement agents looking into political corruption? I must be reading it wrong, so I'll hand that off to others.

Another unforced error: I spoke too soon earlier, as Bernie's on top of expungements too:

#9673 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 October 2019 - 04:43 AM

View Postworry, on 24 October 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Good move. I believe Sen. Warren is essentially also for legalization, but hasn't given an affirmative statement on par with an executive order (hopefully she does). I'd also like to hear more about retroactive decriminalization, ie release from custody, expunged records, compensation, etc.

At this point he can pretty much go for broke and promise anything he likes.

#9674 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:23 AM

I hope he does, since historically he's been on point, and his proposal today looks to go even further than previous ones towards affirmative reparation of harm, above and beyond simply not causing more harm. I'm almost positive Warren is on the same page (if anyone has a citation on that it'd be rad), and I'd like to see if this becomes a broader plank of the Democratic platform. Of course, both Senators would be standing on the shoulders of giants in terms of the painstaking activism that has swayed public opinion this way, but I'm still cheered by it.

In more dispiriting news, just saw this:

#9675 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

And if you think about it, the US will be "last" on this wagon anyways. Since Pot is legal in Canada, and is about to be legal in Mexico too. So they may as well.

In other news, watch Moscow Mitch's little turtle face die a little inside when one of Cumming's family members shakes every hand but his. This video is priceless.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9676 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 October 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

And if you think about it, the US will be "last" on this wagon anyways. Since Pot is legal in Canada, and is about to be legal in Mexico too. So they may as well.

The down side risk is that he will say more or less anything to keep himself in a race he cannot possibly win (or survive if he did), and draw support away from Warren in the process.

#9677 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:41 PM

I dunno, that's a little cynical to me. Bernie doesn't have a history of grasping at the ring like that, and this proposal is an improved and eminently reasonable/positive version of a stance he has historically taken. He's never been a "say anything" politician. It is true that the US is lagging on this issue from an outsider perspective though, so in terms of "Wow, you're just now getting to that", Canada has some room (about a year's worth?) to snicker at us.

Otherwise, Sanders and Warren, as good of friends as they are, are running against each other for the nomination -- it's not his job to get her votes, it's her job to do that for herself (and she's quite capable of it). And for the most part, they've actually been good for each other so far. It's too early in the race (and I know how absolutely exhausting these long American races are) to be talking about the spoiler effect anyway, imo. It's time for everybody in the field to be making their case for the nomination.

Edit: But who knows, maybe in 3-4 months if everything looks the same, I'll agree with you more about the spoiler effect. What we call "Super Tuesday" in the primaries is in early March.

This post has been edited by worry: 25 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

#9678 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:23 AM

So if you want to know whats going on in SB's neck of the woods, there is a meeting a few towns away to discuss Southern Illinois secession from the state of Illinois. Fucking idiots.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#9679 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:36 AM

I think the US is destined to break up into at least 3 or 4 different......I don't even know what to call it...fractured Statehoods.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#9680 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:46 AM

Surely the dream would be a Warren/Sanders running pair if one of them tAkes the primaries

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users