• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#9601 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:38 PM

View PostAbyss, on 17 October 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 October 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

He's also doing his typical narcissistic projection thing where he accuses others of what he himself is guilty of by claiming that during a meeting, where for all intents and purposes the man had a crazy tantrum when Nancy Pelosi said "All Roads Lead To Putin" to him....he claims SHE'S the one losing her marbles. ...

I love how he tweeted a pic of Pelosi confronting him as her having a meltdown, and she turned it into her social media profile photo and thanked him for it.

She's playing 4-D chess and he's playing (and losing at) Kerplunk.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9602 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

Kerplunk? Hell no, he's playing playd'oh

#9603 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:58 PM

Okay, at least when it comes to real estate his instincts are on fire! He someone accurately predicted months in advance that his property in Doral Florida was the perfect location to host the g7 and it seems he was right!

Mulvaney also defended claims when asked what the difference is between this and Trump's accusations that Hunter Biden profited off his father's name.
"First of all, there's no profit here. Clearly, there's profit with the Bidens," Mulvaney said, adding: "The Trump family made their money before they went into politics, that's a big difference."

#9604 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

Well, Republicans just blocked the Senate vote on resolution condemning Trump’s decision on Syria.

That's it guys. Anyone who has any hope that the GOP would act on removing him after he's Impeached by the House...just died on the vine. If they won't even condemn him for this in the official channels (like they seem to be mealy mouthed condemning for the TV soundbites, while not doing a DAMNED thing otherwise)...then everything else is fucked too.

Man, I pray for your republic, because right now a flat out, unapologetic criminal organization (Trump and the GOP, take your goddamn pick of criminal) is in charge of it and nothing and no one seems to be able to change that.

I doubt the people who founded your country assumed that one entire branch of government would be so derelict of their duties in just shy of 250 years.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#9605 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

Yeah but on the other side of the arguments he's going to fix BK's bridge so ʅ(ツ)ʃ
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#9606 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:54 PM

I know stuff gets heated here but the personal comments directed at BK and others need to stop. Please respect your fellow members. A few of the comments here recently have been close to the line. This should be a welcoming place for people to express there views, feel free to disagree, but don't make your comments personal. Consider this your friendly mod warning.

Also i can't decide whether the uk or the us has more interesting politics right now, but definitely cursed to live in interesting times.

#9607 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:21 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 17 October 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Also i can't decide whether the uk or the us has more interesting politics right now, but definitely cursed to live in interesting times.

Canada here. Hold our beer.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9608 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:46 AM

https://twitter.com/...029768728715264

I don't know how to twitter.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#9609 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:31 AM

It's like embedding pictures and videos.

[tweet][/tweet]

Watched General Mattis speech this morning, it's full of stingers but also just a good speech all in all.

#9610 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:53 AM

"The Meryl Streep of generals" is going to have me giggling for the rest of the day!
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#9611 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 18 October 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

https://twitter.com/...029768728715264

I don't know how to twitter.

View PostAptorian, on 18 October 2019 - 06:31 AM, said:

It's like embedding pictures and videos.

Watched General Mattis speech this morning, it's full of stingers but also just a good speech all in all.

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 18 October 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

"The Meryl Streep of generals" is going to have me giggling for the rest of the day!

"The only person in the military that Donald Trump doesn't think is overrated is Colonel Sanders."

Oh god, the BUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRNNNNN.

And note how he at no time refers to him as 'President Trump'.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9612 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:42 PM

I was wondering if trumps comments would make him break his silence.

Sadly he seems have sent a warning shot rather than say anything truly concrete

#9613 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

'Turkish Proxies Appear to Be Using White Phosphorus in Syria

Photos of children show horrific burns caused by what looks like white phosphorus.

Turkish-backed forces appear to be using munitions loaded with white phosphorus—a chemical that can maim and kill when it comes in contact with human flesh[...]

[...] Meanwhile, reports emerged overnight that Turkey has continued to attack Kurdish fighters and civilian settlements in the border town of Ras al-Ain, despite a cease-fire agreement announced by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence. Turkish-backed forces targeted a Kurdish medical convoy and an American aid organization trying to get into the town to evacuate wounded civilians, according to a Syrian conflict monitor.

[...] It is not yet clear if Turkish proxies are deliberately using white phosphorus against civilians. The use of white phosphorus in military applications is not banned, but its use as an incendiary weapon in civilian areas is prohibited by international law.'

https://foreignpolic...fcFcEL2DpbppIzE

#9614 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM

Look. As a person from the US, I think it's hard for some of our friends(or enemies) to realize that it feels like it doesn't matter who is President, anymore. The US government does what it wants. We feel disconnected from it, like our thoughts don't matter one bit.

But then I hate to hear those who say the crimes of the State are on all of our individual heads. That's just an easy way to keep the guilt pressure on high.

All US citizens aren't the same, and all white people are DEFINITELY not the same. It often feels far less than a political discussion thread and more like an assignment of blame.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#9615 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:40 AM

View PostBrujah, on 19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM, said:

all white people are DEFINITELY not the same.

Citation please?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#9616 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:43 AM

View Postworry, on 19 October 2019 - 05:40 AM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM, said:

all white people are DEFINITELY not the same.

Citation please?

Comes from the shared viewpoint of a few of our members who have clearly stated all white people either owned slaves or wanted to. I would never suffer anyone to such a fate and it's an atrocity. Some of these same members have said that it's still on our heads for what a small, elite group of men sullied their souls for, hundreds of years ago.

These people want to box the white race in the US into one horrible stereotype, and I don't think it's fair.

Is this what you were asking? My personal basis for the thought? Or were you being same old worry and asking me to give you actual proof, through some verifiable set of data to show that all white people are not the same?

You actually care what I have to say or just want to keep on being worry, by hoping to discredit, belittle, or just try to be funny while preparing to engage asshole, sarcasm mode.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#9617 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:56 AM

I agree on some level with you Bruj, this is not a Greek tragedy where the sins of the father haunt the son.

But you have to take ownership of that being a white male you've reaped the benefits of what happened.
Is it your fault? No, is it fair? No, but neither is the position a lot of the position PoCs find themselves in purely because of their forefathers mistreatment.

So yes a bit of ownership is required of the disparity, unless you actively try to help it, if you just try to lalala ignore it, you're part of the problem and system that keeps racism doing its oppressive thing.

It took me a long time to grasp that as I had convinced myself it wasn't really a problem we have in Ireland, but it is. Just different and more hidden.

#9618 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

It's a massive, widescale problem. And I don't ever try to argue that all races here get treated the same. I'm only saying that I read this thread, but seldom respond because I'm not into swimming upstream, where my political views aren't the same as the other 97 percent of everyone.

I grew up on an Indian Reservation. My ancestry is Cherokee, Irish, and German. My wife is native indian. Life is how it is because a small, elite group from so many years ago, sold their souls for money through basic evil. Today, we still have the small, elite running things from behind the curtain, or in front of it, but that 5 percent is no accurate model for your common white male, and I won't be shoved in with that heartless regime just because we're both Caucasian.

On a final note, "people of color", which was the term used in this latest poll, do face extra problems. They listed two specific groups, Black and Mexican, in the most need, while the other "People of Color", people of Oriental and Indian descent, somehow didn't seem to share the same hardships as the first group.

Are we as Americans looking down on Black or Mexican, while at the same time actually elevating Orientals and Indians? If so, then why do you think that is?

- Maynard James Keenan

#9619 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

Avowed white supremacist Donald J Trump -- whose key issue in the 2016 election was the ethnic cleansing of the United States, and who benefited greatly from racist voting restrictions, racist-in-part backlash to our first black president, and racist-in-full backlash to the sin of dissatisfied non-white voices speaking up (eg Black Lives Matter) -- didn't win the presidency with 5% of the vote though. He won 63% of white men and 52% of white women. Citing those numbers inherently suggests #NotAllWhitePeople -- since neither is 100% -- which makes the incessant whining from white people -- #NotAllWhitePeople -- both redundant and besides the point.

White supremacy, colonialism, anti-blackness, colorism, erasure -- none of these need all or most white people to be in the top two quartiles of overt racist belief to operate. And white people don't need to be in those top two quartiles to be complicit. Hell, you don't even have to be white to be complicit. And when white people get oh so unfairly lumped together in casual conversations, when someone forgets to say "but not all white people are like that" when discussing the horrors visited upon them, maybe it's because protecting white feelings aren't their foremost concern. And perhaps interrupting the serious work of dismantling white supremacy, anti-blackness, and colonialism with the reminder that it's "not all white people" -- in other words, valuing white feelings above those concerns and that work -- you're actually participating, in your own small way, in that ugly legacy you're so desperate not to be lumped in with.

#9620 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

Also, I have been very nice to everybody here for several years now. I repented of sarcasm and snark.

Share this topic:

• 707 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users