• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6581 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

I wouldn’t quit my day job just yet, Mal.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6582 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

It has to have a bit more zing, an alliteration that runs over the tongue. Like Connivin' Comey or Corwardly Comey or Quisling Comey, though that might be too many syllables for Trump.

#6583 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Connivin' Comey is really good. It has that country speaking kind of feel that would appeal to the simple yokels who voted for him.

TIL, there is something called a "Taint Team".

Bill Maher's joke: Trump is the asshole and Cohen is the balls.

#6584 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Apparently he's just going with "slimeball".
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#6585 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

So Cohen's lawyers announced that there were three clients that fall into him having dispensed legal advice the past year, one being Trump, the second was GOP fundraiser Elliot Broidy...and they tried/asked to keep the third client name under wraps....and the judge denied the request...

This mysterious third client?

Sean fucking Hannity.

You can't make this shit up. LOL!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6586 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:08 PM

You're just reporting the news and yet that news is so good that you deserve rep for it anyway.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6587 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

Stormy D and her lawyer are awesome.

#6588 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:27 AM

Now I am wondering what kind of coverage Hannity has been doing of Cohen.

Knowing Fox News you could probably do a funny video compilation now.

#6589 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 17 April 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

Now I am wondering what kind of coverage Hannity has been doing of Cohen.

Knowing Fox News you could probably do a funny video compilation now.

Daily Show with Trevor Noah, had a bit about it.
https://www.youtube....h?v=bv64-F5ror8

And what about this guy? amiright?
Posted Image

#6590 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

I mean who is Trump's BIGGEST mouthpiece at Fox? Hannity.

I will admit, if this was the 45 minute mark in an hour long courtroom drama and you made this reveal...everyone would call the writing staff hacks for being too on the nose with their twist.

LOL
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6591 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

Interestingly he seems to have claimed he is not a client and never paid him fees.

Yet he wants cconfidentiality to apply, he says maybe he passed him 10 bucks. Also if this was true and it was off the cuff causal legal advice on real estate why would Cohn try hide it? Why would there be records to sieze?

#6592 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

View PostCause, on 17 April 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Interestingly he seems to have claimed he is not a client and never paid him fees.

Yet he wants cconfidentiality to apply, he says maybe he passed him 10 bucks. Also if this was true and it was off the cuff causal legal advice on real estate why would Cohn try hide it? Why would there be records to sieze?

Yeah, he's fully contradicted himself in his stances because he wants to wiggle out of the spotlight.

Hilariously, it's probably because Cohen arranged for some sexual harassment to go away, or an abortion of some kind covered up.

But I love that Cohen obviously has him down as a client, and Hannity is like "I'm not a client....but I deserve my name to not come up as a client"....like which is it Sean you right-wing douchenozzle?

#6593 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

I think you're all being a bit cynical. There are tons of normal reasons Sean Hannity, the prominent FOX News host curiously unscathed by the network's rampant sex scandals, would go to a lawyer called The Fixer who specializes in hush money.

Spoiler

#6594 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Tom Brady is a known Trump supporter. Has played golf with him and backed his presidency (along with the coach and owner of the Patriots I might add).

Looks familiar: Sketch of man who allegedly threatened Stormy Daniels resembles Tom Brady

#6595 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:05 AM

Interesting stuff. Michael Cohen's uncle owned the social club in NY that housed the office of, and essentially HQ of, the Russian mafia in America -- and Cohen at least had a stake in it at some point: https://talkingpoint...e-closer-i-look

#6596 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

The Bush family has in general been an awful blight upon the United States. I'm actually minorly happy Barbara and HW are gone or going.

HW appears to have added onto his CIA crimes with some run of the mill sexual harassment over the last twenty years too.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#6597 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

I'm sitting and watching the James Comey's interview on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert:

http://youtu.be/o-nGPNn19vE

I don't think anything particularly surprising or even new comes forth during the interview but I think Comey is a striking character. I don't know what the future of a fired (disgraced?) FBI director looks like but considering how well he handles himself on TV, I could see somebody - Republican or Democrat - looking at him and looking at the next Presidential Election.

Comey seems like the Anti-Trump. Soft spoken, eloquent, humble, logical and - most importantly - a highly skilled bureaucrat.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 18 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

#6598 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

Who has no qualms with going public with highly sensitive information within months after leaving his post. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's a nice guy and not in it for the money at all, but would you really want that mentality in a president or director of your secret services?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6599 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

So, this is fucked up. I knew that Trump and Hannity saw eye to eye....but the level of their connection is pretty insidious. It really highlights that Fox News is just a propaganda machine, with Hannity as the mouthpiece...

The more stuff that comes out during this administration the more crazy it all seems. Like every twist and turn feels SO hackneyed, if it were a script for a film. The fact that this is real life, and these people are running your country...should scare the crap out of every citizen.

#6600 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

The shitty thing is that slogans like "Drain the Swamp" worked with enough lower earnings people that they voted enough to supplement the higher earning people who wanted the candidate who had a track record of increased cronyism and corruption voted in. Minority groups mostly overwhelmingly voted against Trump. The rich and middle class white voters are who voted mostly for him with enough lower class white voters to get the win over Clinton.

The rich and the middle class white voters are still somewhat happy with Trump because they're getting their crumbs through the GOP Congress, which has mostly forced its agenda onto Trump. The GOP Congress has been far more successful at driving the budget than Trump has and it's made him angry at many intervals.

This stuff should have scared everyone before the election of Trump, but hating Clinton became more important than paying attention to this. I'm nearly in despair over this, especially when I see Nicodemus write his info wars nonsense and when I see Briar King worry about his medicine and social security benefits, which could be further and further restricted and potentially even cut in the next few years.

This stuff matters and hurts me, even though I'll still be ok no matter what.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

34 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users