• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#5481 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

Holy shit! The polished taint whistle can talk!

Does anyone else find it odd that someone who has been tasked to head up so much in Trumpito's administration is only being heard to speak for the first time?

#5482 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostBriar King, on 23 July 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

View PostJPK, on 23 July 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 23 July 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 22 July 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Holy shit. Minneapolis press conference getting interrupted big time live. I haven't seen any thing this crazy in a long time.

Hell this is the 1st I'm even hearing about the woman being killed by a cop up there.

Maybe you should watch something other than fox news, the place where authoritarians can do no wrong?

I hadn't actually seen anything about it until they forced the Chief out either. I'm in a thick liberal bubble, too. They hadn't made as big of a deal about this shooting as has been made in the past.

There was no mention of it on Lemon or Cooper on CNN or our local news nor from anyone on my FB. Almost a week passed by before the conference last night. I find this extremely fucking odd.

It was all over reddit for days after it happened. Stop looking at FB for news.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5483 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 25 July 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Holy shit! The polished taint whistle can talk!

Does anyone else find it odd that someone who has been tasked to head up so much in Trumpito's administration is only being heard to speak for the first time?

I remember Stephen Colbert or Seth Meyer making fun of him a couple months ago when he spoke at some kind of conference or political what ever. They joked about how high the pitch of his voice was. That combined with how stilted that speech was, suggests it's probably not a good idea to have him on camera too much. He's voice and demeanour does not convey authority or competence.

Also, you know, I believe the fake human skin melts off his reptilian features if he's outside his pod for too long.

View PostVengeance, on 25 July 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 23 July 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

View PostJPK, on 23 July 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 23 July 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 22 July 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Holy shit. Minneapolis press conference getting interrupted big time live. I haven't seen any thing this crazy in a long time.

Hell this is the 1st I'm even hearing about the woman being killed by a cop up there.

Maybe you should watch something other than fox news, the place where authoritarians can do no wrong?

I hadn't actually seen anything about it until they forced the Chief out either. I'm in a thick liberal bubble, too. They hadn't made as big of a deal about this shooting as has been made in the past.

There was no mention of it on Lemon or Cooper on CNN or our local news nor from anyone on my FB. Almost a week passed by before the conference last night. I find this extremely fucking odd.

It was all over reddit for days after it happened. Stop looking at FB for news.

I'm subscribed to Politics, News and World News, didn't notice anything about it.

Guys, it's okay, it's possible to miss breaking news and current events in these modern days. No reason to act like BK lives under a rock.

This post has been edited by Seduce Goose: 25 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

#5484 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Guys, I can't keep up on all the news either. I don't think BK is purposely avoiding news or anything. He just didn't catch it when it was reported. It happens. I didn't know anything about it either.

-------------------------------

Sooooo this happened.

Now...if we all think really hard...I'm sure we can come up with a very apt historical analogy for what seems to have transpired there.

And how SCARY that is.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5485 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

These are now apparently hanging around Twin Cities

Posted Image
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#5486 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Well, US politics actually can get worse. Even though I've never liked him, I'm actually starting to feel bad for Jeff Sessions. If Trump wants him out, I kind of want him to stay where he is.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#5487 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

It'd be kind of amusing, if they weren't all bent on killing thousands of people. It's like the frog and the scorpion, except it's dozens of frogs watching the scorpion sting them in arbitrary order, and yet each frog is still shocked when it finally stings them.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5488 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 25 July 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

Well, US politics actually can get worse. Even though I've never liked him, I'm actually starting to feel bad for Jeff Sessions. If Trump wants him out, I kind of want him to stay where he is.

No, you want that evil man out of the AG position. He was possibly the most racist man in the Senate and his policies as AG are crushing brown people. The suspected replacement of Giuliani is still racist and evil, but not as evil as Sessions.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#5489 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

View Postamphibian, on 25 July 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

View PostLady Bliss, on 25 July 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

No, you want that evil man out of the AG position. He was possibly the most racist man in the Senate and his policies as AG are crushing brown people. The suspected replacement of Giuliani is still racist and evil, but not as evil as Sessions.

Trust me I hate them both. I just don't want anyone firing the special prosecutor.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#5490 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

The special prosecutor doesn't really matter. It is likely that Congress will not impeach Trump without Mueller actually having a video of him taking a bag of money and counting it on video. It is also very likely that President Pence will be a nightmare worse than Trump.

This post has been edited by amphibian: 25 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#5491 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

Not a great day. On top of McCain making the bold journey to advance ripping health coverage from non-millionaires, Rick Perry spent 20+ minutes on the phone with pranksters who told him they have a new bootleg alcohol/pig manure-based fuel source: http://time.com/4873...ian-prank-call/

and DJT spent his day reading racist memes to Ohio supporters about immigrants who take our young people and "slice em and dice em" with knives because they don't want them to die too quickly.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5492 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

Could somebody please let me know when we've reached "Peak Republican"?

Or is that dark day still a long ways off?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5493 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Republican ain't bad. Being peak of anything is either great or worst.

Being die hard Trump is pretty bad, though. Don't think we'll ever reach it. Too extreme.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5494 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 26 July 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Could somebody please let me know when we've reached "Peak Republican"?

Or is that dark day still a long ways off?

What you're missing, Sombra, is that there is no peak. It's kinda like corporate profits - it has to keep moving steadily to the right indefinitely, or else people get upset. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5495 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

View Postworry, on 26 July 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

Not a great day. On top of McCain making the bold journey to advance ripping health coverage from non-millionaires,

What is the situation with McCain? I believe I read he was given a 3-6 month window left to live diagnosis. Why hasn't he stepped down? And why wouldn't you remove a politician who's brain slowly turning to styrofoam? How can you defend any decision he makes in his last months without questioning whether he was of a sound mind?

#5496 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostSeduce Goose, on 26 July 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

How can you defend any decision he makes in his last months without questioning whether he was of a sound mind?

This is also my question. The man's brain is compromised by a terrible disease...but does that not make him unfit for the position he holds?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5497 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

Sound minds don't equal smart votes.

See: Everywhere
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5498 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

Well, now he's banning transgender people from the military. I'm personally furious as I have a good friend who is trans and did 3 tours in Iraq prior to her transition. She was hoping to go back into the reserves, but I guess her years of service don't matter to hatemongers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised anymore if he reenacts the Jim Crow laws.

#5499 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Not only that, a Trump Admin official said the following about it:

“This forces Democrats in Rust Belt states like Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin to take complete ownership of this issue,” said the unnamed official. “How will the blue-collar voters in these states respond when senators up for re-election in 2018 ... are forced to make their opposition to this a key plank of their campaigns?”

Which is scheming at a level I can't even comprehend.

So I feel like this is one part distraction - "Don't look at Russia or Healthcare! Look over here at my super bigoted stance on LGBT in the military!" and one part working the next election by appealing to his terribly bigoted base supporters. It's despicable all around.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

#5500 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 26 July 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Well, now he's banning transgender people from the military. I'm personally furious as I have a good friend who is trans and did 3 tours in Iraq prior to her transition. She was hoping to go back into the reserves, but I guess her years of service don't matter to hatemongers.

I wouldn't be at all surprised anymore if he reenacts the Jim Crow laws.

It's particularly frustrating to see the language he used to 'justify' the decision as well. Tired old bullshit that perpetuates DADT and general bigotry in the armed forces.
Also, done by Tweet, of course.
Though I believe this is technically not a thing he can just do. Him saying it will, of course, have the usual repercussions of making it 'acceptable' and possibly lead to codifying later but it's not actually a thing, yet.

Hopefully the response is swift and firmly against his bigotry, I've already seen at least one senator (Hatch, Utah) spontaneously come out on the other side of issue (nothing to do with the swift phone campaign people in Utah conducted, of course) and a few vets speaking out publicly. So fingers crossed he gets shut down on this one.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

50 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users