• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#5241 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

There's not anything he can do to either hang him out to dry or defend him. Though of course, he can pardon him if he is convicted.

My hope rests on the possible investigation into obstruction of justice because Trump himself is implicated in that one, but if Jared committed financial crimes or espionage then he hung himself out to dry. And it's hard to see how that wouldn't lead back to Trump himself.

This post has been edited by Terez: 27 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#5242 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

I mostly meant in terms of optics. Trump is not sophisticated enough for maneuvering, but there is the matter of support vs distance. That said, you might have a little more faith in rule of law when it comes to these billionaires. There's always wiggle room.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5243 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:46 AM

View Postworry, on 26 May 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

I mostly meant in terms of optics. Trump is not sophisticated enough for maneuvering, but there is the matter of support vs distance. That said, you might have a little more faith in rule of law when it comes to these billionaires. There's always wiggle room.

Yeah, it's more hope than faith honestly. I have faith in Mueller; from what I've read he's decidedly the best person for the job.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#5244 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

View Postworry, on 26 May 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

If you want the cynic's POV -- albeit a well-reasoned, on-point cynic -- Matt Taibi's take should do. It's not going to make you feel better, obviously. http://www.rollingst...message-w484569

I feel sorry for America sometimes

#5245 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:25 AM

It seems Gianforte and his gutless bullying will fit right in:

https://www.theatlan...f-valor/528384/
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5246 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

Just saying...

https://www.yahoo.co...topstories.html
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#5247 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

It's a convergence of two Sacred Truths: 1: Kathy Griffin is a walking clickbait article with chronic brain rot. 2: Trump supporters are fake-outrage crybabies who are every sad sorry thing they accuse their "snowflake" counterparts of being.

#5248 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

Oh I'm not talking about you/your post....saying it was distasteful is a very reasonable response. But there was an absolute glut today of opportunistically fragile pundits pretending to faint at the sight of a Trump mask with red food coloring splashed on it. The fakery was strong out there.

#5249 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

Also where were all these crybabies when people were burning effigies of Obama? Where were they when Ted Nugent was suggesting a good old fashioned lynching of Obama? Hypocritical bellends.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5250 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 June 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

Also where were all these crybabies when people were burning effigies of Obama? Where were they when Ted Nugent was suggesting a good old fashioned lynching of Obama? Hypocritical bellends.

That is the republican party to a T. Just like bullies in high school who can dish it out but cry fowl when they get picked on. Whenever Democrats say someone is being disrespectful and all around horrible then we are just liberal pussies.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5251 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

So it sounds like Trump is ready to pull you guys out of The Paris Agreement today (3PM)...which will remove the US to an metaphorical-island with only two other nations who reject climate issues (or at the very least reject Paris) are....Syria and Nicaragua.

So. That's not good.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5252 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

No surprise, the guy doesn't believe in things he can't eat or fuck.

I was impressed by Nicaragua though. They're not rejecting the deal because of industry pressure or anything, they just think the rest of the world are moving too slow and not doing enough.

#5253 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 01 June 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

So it sounds like Trump is ready to pull you guys out of The Paris Agreement today (3PM)...which will remove the US to an metaphorical-island with only two other nations who reject climate issues (or at the very least reject Paris) are....Syria and Nicaragua.

So. That's not good.

What do you mean. It is great and awesome and so bigly. You don't even know how bigly it is because you believe the hype of climate change. Which is false and fake news. So very very fake news. Climate change happens naturally. Look at the dinosaurs they had a climate and it changed and now we are here. This is a planetary cycle of things. It will be fine. Look at mars soon we will go there and grow food and stuff. It had water and land and we can go live there soon. So great just awesome really. Your sad.

#5254 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

Yeah it really comes to something when China are schooling you on climate change.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5255 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

What I don't understand with the "it's natural" folks - aside from ignoring the evidence and rapid acceleration (in the opposite of the expected direction) of climate change post-industrialization - is the fact that if it's all so natural...that doesn't mean it isn't going to fuck us over. If it's natural that the climate isn't going to just magically stay in the habitable-to-humans zone, that should be even MORE incentive to figure out how to affect our climate (on the assumption that we don't already know enough to reverse the current trend) in order to make sure we survive.
The position expressed by the "it's natural" folks is either 'fuck all future generations, I got mine, and that's all I care about', or 'I willingly subject humanity for now and forever to the whims of random environmental changes because it's "natural"' - the former being more likely, the latter being really paradoxical if one considers the natural inclination of all things to survive and strengthen their species. It's one of those really weird cases of assuming that human beings are not part of nature (and if we are, then anything we do to try and survive is technically 'natural' as well), but at the same time trying to say we should just ignore our supposed special status and refuse to deal with it? (Which ultimately makes the 'fuck everyone else' response the actual response of most of these people, the other one is just obfuscation/an attempt at justification to oneself.)

I, for one, was always partial to this picture in response to the claims that anthropogenic climate change is all a hoax:
Attached File  whatif.jpg (120.29K)
Number of downloads: 1

So simple. (Usually followed by cries of "it's all a scam to make the Green Energy people lots of money!" - to which my response is..."the green energy people who didn't have any money or even really exist prior to the discovery of man-made climate change somehow paid off literally all the scientists with the money they didn't have to make this a thing, on the off chance everyone would fall for it and make them rich, despite the attempts by the oil and motor industry to stop it being a thing, when said industries had literally ALL THE MONEY? Yeah, tell me again how that makes sense.")

>.>

<.<

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5256 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 01 June 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Yeah it really comes to something when China are schooling you on climate change.

Well according to glorious supreme leader the Chinese are behind the whole Climate change hoax.

http://www.politifac...ange-chinese-h/

#5257 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostSilencer, on 01 June 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

What I don't understand with the "it's natural" folks - aside from ignoring the evidence and rapid acceleration (in the opposite of the expected direction) of climate change post-industrialization - is the fact that if it's all so natural...that doesn't mean it isn't going to fuck us over. If it's natural that the climate isn't going to just magically stay in the habitable-to-humans zone, that should be even MORE incentive to figure out how to affect our climate (on the assumption that we don't already know enough to reverse the current trend) in order to make sure we survive.
The position expressed by the "it's natural" folks is either 'fuck all future generations, I got mine, and that's all I care about', or 'I willingly subject humanity for now and forever to the whims of random environmental changes because it's "natural"' - the former being more likely, the latter being really paradoxical if one considers the natural inclination of all things to survive and strengthen their species. It's one of those really weird cases of assuming that human beings are not part of nature (and if we are, then anything we do to try and survive is technically 'natural' as well), but at the same time trying to say we should just ignore our supposed special status and refuse to deal with it? (Which ultimately makes the 'fuck everyone else' response the actual response of most of these people, the other one is just obfuscation/an attempt at justification to oneself.)

I, for one, was always partial to this picture in response to the claims that anthropogenic climate change is all a hoax:
Attachment whatif.jpg

So simple. (Usually followed by cries of "it's all a scam to make the Green Energy people lots of money!" - to which my response is..."the green energy people who didn't have any money or even really exist prior to the discovery of man-made climate change somehow paid off literally all the scientists with the money they didn't have to make this a thing, on the off chance everyone would fall for it and make them rich, despite the attempts by the oil and motor industry to stop it being a thing, when said industries had literally ALL THE MONEY? Yeah, tell me again how that makes sense.")

>.>

<.<

Well in our country the white house budget chief said that if we don't eliminate health care subsidies for poor people then his unborn grandchildren will have to pay for it. Soo I think that should give you all of the information that you need about the type of people who lead our country.

#5258 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

Nicaragua, Syria, and the USA. The new axis of evil? Posted Image
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5259 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostGorefest, on 02 June 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

OMG! Dun dun dunnnnnnn ... :D
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5260 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostGorefest, on 02 June 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

Actually Nicaragua has a fair reason for not being a part of it. They feel the accords aren't strict ENOUGH on dealing with climate change. So they are technically still on the right side of the issue...they just don't think it's good enough.

So it's really just the USA and Syria.

So...yeah. Let that sink in.

Honestly, this is just another notch in the isolationism that Trump is seemingly enacting for the USA by pulling away from global entities, and agreements. He's not just trying to undo everything Obama did...he's hell fucking bent on serving all the people in the States who don't WANT to interact with foreign countries in any way and truly think "Make America Great Again" is going to get them back to an industrious, post-war 1950's America. And I think he's HONESTLY bilked them into believing that by doing all this he's going to bring jobs back to the rust belt and such like. It won't take too much longer for those people to realize just how entirely fleeced they were. These actions are going to further push American jobs OFF the table as global entities and corporations pull out of the US market and shift to places like Europe, India, and wherever else.

I would love to feel bad for those people. I fucking don't though. They made their bed. They can damned well sleep in this shit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

200 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 200 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook