• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7261 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:53 PM

Annnnnnnnd Pecker, National Inquirer CEO and Trump friend has been granted immunity by the Feds...and thus someone who now can back up Cohens version of events...this is really big.

And can we talk about Trump in that Fox interview essentially admitting to campaign fraud while trying to explain how he didn't do it....because he simply doesn't UNDERSTAND how campaign fraud works? LMAO What a fucking nut bar. You can't make this shit up. Every time he goes on TV he digs himself deeper.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7262 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:19 PM

I have no strong faith that DT will ever serve a day in prison, though he deserves to, but it does make me curious how that would work for Secret Service.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7263 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:25 PM

Dang, looks like a losing, pie in the sky, don't even bother issue:

#7264 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:55 PM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 23 August 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Dang, looks like a losing, pie in the sky, don't even bother issue:

Until it is voted on in Congress, it is pie in the sky. You can bother with the issue, press the fact that it is the western norm and not the outlier, explain the economics, etc. Good. I want it to happen. Don't be passive aggressive. This has polled popularly for a long time. Change the wording to "socialized healthcare" and watch those stats change dramatically. Wording in polls is very, very important, as every political scientist is taught.

Edit: Another example "Obamacare" polls wholly different than the Affordable Care Act. And if there is one thing Republicans do very, very well it is brand names.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 23 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7265 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

How did you know I was sub-posting you??

#7266 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:07 PM

That was like the damn bat signal.

#7267 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostLuv2B_Sassy, on 23 August 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

I have no strong faith that DT will ever serve a day in prison, though he deserves to, but it does make me curious how that would work for Secret Service.

Wait, you think after he's president (whenever that is) that he's still safe? Dude. No. He's going to have MAJOR legal problems when he becomes a private citizen again, with all the skeletons that are and probably will come out of the closet. Even if you can't indict a sitting president (which is ludicrous BTW), you can certainly indict one afterwards.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 August 2018 - 12:55 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7268 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

QT. He's rich, white and male and he lives in America. I doubt there'll be any consequences really.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7269 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 24 August 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

QT. He's rich, white and male and he lives in America. I doubt there'll be any consequences really.

Sigh. You're probably right. That sucks man.

#7270 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

So was Manafort. Put them on trial and watch regular people do their civic duty that these people do not.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7271 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

Holy shit. Alan Weisselberg Flipped for immunity...that's HUGE. This guy has been with Trump forever (worked for his father I believe) and knows everything about him and the money. Literally the highest guy up in the Trump Org that isn't a Trump. He's the godsdamned CFO FFS!

I mean to flip him they must have had something significant...which means he'd have to give up something even MORE significant. Sweet gods, this week is insane.

Watch ALL the rats leave the ship now...if the CFO turning for the Feds ins't the signal they need that shit is about to get real...

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

#7272 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 24 August 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

Holy shit. Alan Weisselberg Flipped for immunity...that's HUGE. This guy has been with Trump forever (worked for his father I believe) and knows everything about him and the money. Literally the highest guy up in the Trump Org that isn't a Trump. He's the godsdamned CFO FFS!

I mean to flip him they must have had something significant...which means he'd have to give up something even MORE significant. Sweet gods, this week is insane.

Watch ALL the rats leave the ship now...if the CFO turning for the Feds ins't the signal they need that shit is about to get real...

So, which one of Trumps children do you think gets immunity first in exchange for ratting out their father?

I imagine Milania would do it for 5 dollars.

#7273 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Melania got her family into the country now. She'd probably do it for the chance to be the one to tell him...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7274 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:14 PM

I'm not saying affirmatively he won't face consequences, only that I wouldn't make a large bet on it. I hope he does. The news continues to be encouraging in some ways, but we also know Manafort's 10 mistrials were due to one stubborn MAGA holdout. I suppose a lot depends on if DJT makes it to 2020. If he does, and his opponent is like Liz Warren or something, I'll have hope. If it's another HRC-wing establishment Dem -- even if they win -- I have no hope that DJT won't be let off the hook in the name of peace or moving on or whatever. Call em Gerald Ford Dems. Remember this godforsaken nonsense? My link

#7275 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:58 PM

Empanneling that would be a nightmare. Voir Dire would last days.

#7276 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:49 AM

All these scumbags need to be forced to stand in front of one of those 3 way vanity mirrors and asked to find their spines. Damn we need a sweeping change to bring in fresh thinkers with new ideas and perspectives.

#7277 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:40 AM

God speed Mr. McCain. Go and rest.

#7278 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

And the flag has gone back up to full mast, and the White House has refused to give a statement about it.

Real classy.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7279 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:03 AM

There's reports/rumors now that Manafort was trying to get a deal with the Mueller team but negotiations broke down. And now that he was found guilty he might be more willing to negotiate.

So there goes the notion of the faithful friend of Trump.

The question is why the negotiations broke down.

#7280 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:12 AM

Trump is now claiming the google search results are rigged. He says the media is the enemy of the people. He just told supporters their will be violence if he loses so you better vote for him.

I am contemplating leaving SA to get away from this crap! not to find it.

Following the south African model he will soon launch an investigation to determine if the opposition parties are not in fact the ones who are really colluding with foreign powers. Luckily since he is so obviously pro big business he cant really play the US vs the capital elite card very strongly.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

108 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 108 guests, 0 anonymous users