• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#7081 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:32 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 09 July 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

/Shrug going back to early 2k this has been happening...

https://www.denverpo...s-are-deported/

Er...it has been happening for a while so it is okay? Not really sure if that is a valid argument or for what. Apart from Trump not being the only horrible person in US government? If that is the case you are trying to make, you are setting the bar worryingly low.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7082 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 09 July 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

Putin - Trump Summit moving forward

https://www.rt.com/o...mmit-hostility/

Another case of Trump trying to bring more Peace to the world.

Have you ever heard mention of Neville Chamberlain the wise

#7083 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

I can't. As a parent, this stuff is reducing me to a sobbing mess at my desk. This is state-sanctioned fucking kidnapping. How is this allowed to occur?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7084 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

Quoting RT? Really, Nico, that's a new low.

Is Trump going to ask VVH nicely to put Crimea back where he "found" it?
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#7085 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

View PostCause, on 09 July 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

He brought an entire YEAR of peace for his generation!
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#7086 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostMentalist, on 09 July 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 09 July 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

He brought an entire YEAR of peace for his generation!

Yes but a delusional gun nut like Nico probably thinks WWII was a good thing.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7087 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Let's try to respect other users viewpoints and be a bit more constructive.

#7088 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

Key terms: New Trump Policy; Jeff Sessions; Asylum; Zero Tolerance; Pregnant; Shackled (around hands, legs, and stomach).

In interviews and written affidavits, E and four other women who’ve been in ICE detention and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) custody while pregnant told of being ignored when they were obviously miscarrying, described their CBP and ICE-contracted jailers as unwilling or unable to respond to medical emergencies, and recounted an incident of physical abuse from CBP officers who knew they were dealing with a pregnant woman. Those descriptions were backed by interviews with five legal aid workers, four medical workers, and two advocates who work with ICE detainees.The incidents were not limited to a single detention center. Three medical workers and five legal aid workers who spoke to BuzzFeed News all said they had seen — and some had documented — cases of pregnant women not receiving or being denied medical care in more than six different detention centers in California, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#7089 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Jesus.....Fucking.....Christ.....
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#7090 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

Bigly great stuff going on over there I see
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#7091 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:05 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 09 July 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Can you please tell Nico to respect our time too, then? Because if he would actually bother with reading what everyone else is writing in this thread, a lot of the ruder stuff directed at him wouldn't have occurred.

People have told him tens of times that the sources he quotes are unreliable. We all understand that he's free to read those sources and believe them; but if he wants civility and respect, then he should respect the majority on this thread who want a minimum level of reliability and either find sources that, you know, don't carry blatant lies or not post here.

Further, it would be really nice if he'd stop with the whataboutism. Just because Bush and Obama did stuff that somehow resembled the atrocity going on right now, it doesn't mean that Trump shouldn't be nailed for it. This has been said at least five times in the last five pages, and he turns around and does the same thing again - using Russia Today of all places as a source. For fucks sake, RT is even worse than PressTV.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#7092 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

When does the point arrive that we have to say no actually, your viewpoints are reprehensible and I cannot find anything to respect about them? Cos I feel like we've gone past that point.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7093 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

I think we he says Trump has secured "peace in our time"

#7094 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 10 July 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Can you please tell Nico to respect our time too, then? Because if he would actually bother with reading what everyone else is writing in this thread, a lot of the ruder stuff directed at him wouldn't have occurred.

Say that to him, not to me. That's what this thread is for after all. Discussions. In a civil fashion.

I'll state what I always say when people complain about, Nico. Even though I vehemently disagree with him a lot and find his beliefs frustrating, he represents the other side of a lot issues that most of the rest of us agree upon. I think it's valuable and often insightful to hear what Nico thinks or what kind of (blatant propaganda and nonsense ) sources he is pulling news from.

If you don't engage "the enemy" you can't learn from the. And the Malazan DB is a great place to do just that because we mostly keep things civil and constructive.

If you don't like what Nico has to say, ignore him. But don't be rude just because he makes himself the republican lightning rod on the forum.

#7095 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

Apt makes a fair point. None of us should live in an echo chamber. No matter how much we disagree with Nico (or even how vehemently blind we might think he's being), it's important to know the other side of the debate, and hear thoughts on how they see these topics. It's not comfortable to do so, but being in an echo chamber of the mostly like-minded never helped anyone learn why things are the way they are.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#7096 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

Here's the kind of d-bags that come out of the Trump woodwork. Also the cop does nothing for too long for me to feel like he's doing his job. The guy is allowed to be belligerently and threateningly approaching the woman repeatedly, and the cop does squat.

#7097 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

Trump in the Guardian: "So I have Nato, I have the UK which is in somewhat turmoil, and I have Putin. Frankly, Putin may be the easiest of them all. Who would think! Who would think. But the UK certainly has a lot of things going on."

Posted Image

Anyway, if Trump can fix the Brexit thing, he has my vote for a Nobel prize. I'll persuade my wife to vote for him as well. That is two votes. Two votes. So hopefully that will motivate Trump. And if it doesn't, it will still be good. It is all good.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 10 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#7098 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:15 AM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 10 July 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostEmperorMagus, on 10 July 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Say that to him, not to me. That's what this thread is for after all. Discussions. In a civil fashion.

I'll state what I always say when people complain about, Nico. Even though I vehemently disagree with him a lot and find his beliefs frustrating, he represents the other side of a lot issues that most of the rest of us agree upon. I think it's valuable and often insightful to hear what Nico thinks or what kind of (blatant propaganda and nonsense ) sources he is pulling news from.

If you don't engage "the enemy" you can't learn from the. And the Malazan DB is a great place to do just that because we mostly keep things civil and constructive.

If you don't like what Nico has to say, ignore him. But don't be rude just because he makes himself the republican lightning rod on the forum.

I’m not the enemy. That’s a redic statement. Lol. I’m not even that right wing which I find ironic here.

As a note I don’t mind it. The hostility means I’m getting through. Usually when people get defensive it means it bothers apart of them. Always been that way with folks. Next time you get defensive look inwardly on why it’s invoking these emotions and how you should control them. If anything sets you off that bad —you always gotta wonder why? There’s a reason and I am listening..

What some asked for here was just a political safe space, which I find it ironic.. of all places. For you to advance the discussion you gotta keep talking. Maybe y’all are placing me under hued glasses lately and not getting it. I’ll keep trying to make through to you. Someone who thinks differently doesn’t deserve violent acts against them.. or mocked.. or called names. Understanding comes from the heart— it’s how civility formed.

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 11 July 2018 - 04:29 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#7099 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:38 AM

But... You're not advancing the conversation. You're not getting through. You keep making ridiculous statements backed up by very shady "sources" don't answer direct challenges and just keep repeating the same tired old soundbites.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7100 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 11 July 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

But... You're not advancing the conversation. You're not getting through. You keep making ridiculous statements backed up by very shady "sources" don't answer direct challenges and just keep repeating the same tired old soundbites.

@ Tiste. Of course I am. Please read them! Your welcome to PM as you apparently lately have are irriated at me for a lot of stuff that I didn’t do.
Not sure where you got some of your thoughts for sure.. /shrug

Like for open borders, the dismal of ice and all that. Have I ever been in favor of a federalized police force really ?? Just have more to say cause I live on a actual border state. I will keep harping that trafficking is horrible!!!. I have stated if you don’t like my links your welcome to do the research too. It’s all in the open.

Like what happens to the families when caught and the parent goes in jail in their home country to these kids?
How many of these families are crossing are actual parents ? Why would they travel with other adults ? Should police separate kids with adults that aren’t their family? What do we with the children who cross alone?

The media’s been reporting where I live at most of my life about these scenarios. It’s a way of life and a more open border should and could exist. I have always said that.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

59 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 59 guests, 0 anonymous users