• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#6101 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

Donate to the Republican party all major political parties.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 27 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6102 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

So trump no says the tape where he says grab em by the pussy is fake, even though he apologized for it back in 2016. Does he have reality warping powers?

#6103 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Just a really warped mind

#6104 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

He's a mind-bender. SSJ5000
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#6105 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

I think he honestly believes that whatever comes out of his mouth is gospel, regardless of anything that went before.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#6106 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 27 November 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think he honestly believes that whatever comes out of his mouth is gospel, regardless of anything that went before.

More of a narcissist than I think I've ever encountered in my life and reading, perhaps moreso than Alexander of Macedon...which is a feat....he though he was a bloody god.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6107 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

Indeed, that is not merely as deluded as Trump thinking that he is a successful businessman.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#6108 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Trump said he could shoot someone in downtown New York and his voters wouldn't care.

He's right.

Megalomania be damned, they will support him no matter what happens. At this point is it megalomania or uncanny ability to sucker people? They've been suckering low income white people for years into believing it's better to give rich people tax breaks than provide true support; this is just the next step.

What's wrong with Kansas? Everything is wrong but they don't care so it doesn't matter what you explain.

This is what drives me batty about Bernie or busters. If they won't vote centrist because that's "too liberal" (and this isn't exhaustive, but a large group), ain't no way in hell they are voting for Bernie Sanders.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6109 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

I'm not a Bernie or Buster by any means -- as I've said, mostly about Trump supporters, I abhor the human sacrifice element of voter absolutism -- but in their defense: at least they recognize where the Overton Window currently is. At the risk of repeating myself: Centrists, on the other hand, are stuck on stupid and all of their reach-across-the-aisle hogwash -- including Obama's "we all want the same thing, just disagree about how to get there" -- to a party dominated by corporate fascists, KKKers, Nazis, and Tea Party morons should be drowned in a river.

So I agree with you about the fact that people who think HRC of all people is "too liberal" won't go for Bernie, but it's not the left wing of the party that's trying to court them, it's the establishment. It was Clinton, not Sanders; it is Tom Perez, not Keith Ellison. As we know, ~12% of Bernie primary voters were "Bernie or Busters". But ~25% of 2008 HRC supporters were Hillary-or-Busters who went with McCain over Obama. Centrist/conservative Dems are the problem, time and again, not lefties.

By and large, Dems lose because they're Republican-lite, not because there isn't a huge segment of voters who agree with progressive policies -- no 'pragmatic' centrism, no 'baby steps' on human rights, no pro-corporate agenda with sugar on top -- but actual fighting for human & civil rights, anti-corporatism, a robust social safety net, and yah even protecting abortion rights. Obama's campaign -- even if he didn't live up to everything he talked about -- combined the moneyball stuff w/ a hope & change message. HRC halfassed the moneyball stuff in the hopes of convincing non-existent on-the-fence MAYBE-MAGAs and jettisoned the hope and change completely.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6110 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Sorry if I got too 2016-y there.

On a more forward-thinking note, here is Danica Roem talking sense about her campaign and why she won, in a way all politicians need to pay attention to:
https://twitter.com/...165069880692738

#6111 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Will Flynn's testimony change much?

#6112 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostMacros, on 01 December 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Will Flynn's testimony change much?

Yes. He reportedly is able to confirm that a very high official in Trump's campaign knew of the Russian contacts and told Flynn to contact not only Russia but other countries and interfere in Obama foreign policy while Obama is President. That is a huge issue. Frankly Flynn flipping is about the worst news possible for Trump. Next will be Kushner and then the President.

This makes 3 senior people in the Trump camp that have been flipped and 1 junior who probably wore a wire.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#6113 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostVengeance, on 01 December 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Next will be Kushner and then the President.

I think Don. Jr. is going down in between Kushner and the President, but otherwise I agree.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#6114 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

It feels like a sci fi movie where they're piloting a rickety ship down through the atmosphere and they're not sure it's gonna hold together, except instead of a ship it's our norms. Are they gonna hold together long enough to save us? Whoops, there goes debate on the Senate floor, flying off like a solar panel. Dang we're being bombarded by McConnell particles.

#6115 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

The way they passed this tax bill.

I cannot believe the world has come to this. The 500 page bill was fucking handwritten in some parts. The United States Senate just voted and passed a bill without taking the time to type it.

I always thought the Iranian Majlis a congress of buffoons and Canadian senate the most pointless institution to ever exist in a liberal democracy.

Edit: As all you guys now, I have no stake at all in this crisis, but doesn't mean this blatant rape of rational thought and democratic norms doesn't make my blood boil.

This post has been edited by EmperorMagus: 02 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#6116 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

I assume you're referring to this?

http://www.news.com....35a2f246a7a2296

I read it and saw a picture of a smiling Mitch McConnell and I thought "That's the smile of a man who knows no multi-millionaire donor of his will go hungry tonight".
I swear that fucker eats the souls of middle- and working-class people.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#6117 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

If America isn't actually an oligarchy yet, it's going to be one by the time Trump's term is over if the Republicans aren't roundly defeated in 2018. May the rest of the world take heed of the warning.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#6118 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:29 PM

i saw a video of the bill that was passed.

I cant believe that shit is acceptable in congress. it looks like a draft script thats been torn apart by 3 different teams of writters.

some of it isnt even legible.

how is that an acceptable form to pass a bill in

#6119 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Because it isn't the final bill and will go to conference committee (you realize they are beholden to rich people, right?). Plus they are the most unsuccessful congress in memory in terms of passing anything so at this point anything will do.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6120 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

If you're an American with a Rep or Senator w/ an R by their name (or a shaky D), you need to be calling/faxing/writing daily. Use ResistBot if you prefer.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

102 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 102 guests, 0 anonymous users