The USA Politics Thread

#5861 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Got to hand it to them, they are viciously clever and unabashedly manipulative. They can most definitely pull this hostage shit with US territories full of "minority," people who havr little say in the US goverment. It would not work if they tried this on Florida or Texas.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#5862 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Trump Says The Hurricane That Crushed Puerto Rico Wasn't A "Real Catastrophe" Like Katrina

Man, it's just baffling listening to the stuff this guy says. I'm surprised the Secret Service didn't have to stop any of the attendees from flipping a table and just tackling the son of a bitch.

This post has been edited by Alternative Goose: 03 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

#5863 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 03 October 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Trump Says The Hurricane That Crushed Puerto Rico Wasn't A "Real Catastrophe" Like Katrina

Man, it's just baffling listening to the stuff this guy says. I'm surprised the Secret Service didn't have to stop any of the attendees from flipping a table and just tackling the son of a bitch.

"Now, I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you're throwing our budget a little out of whack because we've spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico, and that's fine. We've saved a lot of lives"...
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#5864 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

It will become less baffling once people accept that -- like I said -- this isn't incompetence. The goal of the current United States president, white supremacist Donald J. Trump, is the genocide of non-white people. Even an American president can't accomplish that kind of thing wholesale in the modern era, so he does what he can, opportunistic and piecemeal. Does it overlap with his narcissism and pettier business vendettas? Sure. But what doesn't?

This post has been edited by worry: 03 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5865 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:31 PM

Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump committed felony fraud, were going to be charged in NY, and (allegedly) via their attorney paid off the DA in 2012, who overruled his own prosecutors to drop the case.
https://www.propubli...ed-felony-fraud

#5866 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

View Postworry, on 04 October 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump committed felony fraud, were going to be charged in NY, and (allegedly) via their attorney paid off the DA in 2012, who overruled his own prosecutors to drop the case.
https://www.propubli...ed-felony-fraud

This sounds like a conspricacy theory, him being a white suprematist also sounds like one, let’s not trip into those lands. You can clearly see the separation more worry. Idk.. where this goes though. (Well.. actually)

He is very excellent and doing a bang up job!

I think my trip to England so far has taught me something, is the redic support towards Trump! Caught me off guard.. I’m right around sidicup so not sure the political demos at all.. but was out and about and people love Trump here. I usually have back to back convos in the states that argue flaws and merits. I honestly couldn’t decide if this was some sort of way of being polite toward a foreigner though, but it was strangely extreme. However, my personal view of government is very different as I had a whole conversation about capitalism. Anyhow trending lightly, but people have very real convos here. I usually have go online to have a semi meaningful talk..

It totally shocked me, when I suggested flaws and got countered with we over here in the UK ...we need one politician that just stated the truth. Granted.. this made me consider and acknowledge that I don’t know a damn thing about politics here. I asked and went cross eyed a bit. People are extremely knowledgable on politics though .. some of these convos just aren’t touched from where I am from.. so strange.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#5867 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Nico found the pro-Brexiters it would appear.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5868 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

You're right, Nico. I conspired with several anonymous others over a period of decades to make it seem like Fred Trump was a KKK member who, with his son Donald, committed multiple counts of unfair and illegal housing practices aimed at excluding minorities. I helped digitally alter Donald Trump's voice to insult Native Americans in lawsuits, tar Mexicans as rapists, declare the Central Park Five worthy of execution despite their exoneration, call neo-Nazi marchers "fine people", and demand a universal ban on Muslims. I won't tell you whose duty it was to make it seem like Trump has been a longtime financial predator who's been adjudicated to be a scam artist who's drained millions of dollars out of thousands of customers. And I certainly won't say who introduced this earnest, naive real estate magnate to multiple known organized crime personalities.

The thing about Donald Trump's kids constantly discussing their criminal activity in emails with each other and others, though....uh, that's on them.

#5869 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

View Postworry, on 05 October 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

You're right, Nico. I conspired with several anonymous others over a period of decades to make it seem like Fred Trump was a KKK member who, with his son Donald, committed multiple counts of unfair and illegal housing practices aimed at excluding minorities. I helped digitally alter Donald Trump's voice to insult Native Americans in lawsuits, tar Mexicans as rapists, declare the Central Park Five worthy of execution despite their exoneration, call neo-Nazi marchers "fine people", and demand a universal ban on Muslims. I won't tell you whose duty it was to make it seem like Trump has been a longtime financial predator who's been adjudicated to be a scam artist who's drained millions of dollars out of thousands of customers. And I certainly won't say who introduced this earnest, naive real estate magnate to multiple known organized crime personalities.

The thing about Donald Trump's kids constantly discussing their criminal activity in emails with each other and others, though....uh, that's on them.

As as a I see, if all above is true... It gets you elected as the US president.. no?

Okay then. Settle down. Trust to Govermennt they got your best interests at heart
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#5870 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Thinking of government as this single distant blob-like entity instead of the collective and sometimes competitive pursuits of everyone in society is sure convenient when you want to wash your hands of culpability in how that government operates.

#5871 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

Ok, I don't venture into this area of the boards much, but that was hyper-libertarian sarcasm from Nico there, right?

This post has been edited by JPK: 05 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

#5872 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:16 PM

It's too hard to tell when he's playing it up for the cameras!

And believe me, there are cameras.

#5873 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

Nico I dunno what part of England you're lurking in but most people over here think Trump is a bellend and a joke. You must have found some hard-line Brexit living right wingers who think that simultaneously foreigners are stealing their jobs and scrounging their benefits.

Yes, Kevin from Grimsby who has been in and out of jail since you were 14, Dr Patel the accomplished surgeon is stealing your job...

Anyway I don't think support for your fascist motion of a president is that strong here. Not with any decent people anyway...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5874 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostJPK, on 05 October 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

Ok, I don't venture into this area of the boards much, but that was hyper-libertarian sarcasm from Nico there, right?

Nico is our resident hyper-libertarian and/or troll, so... Maybe? XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5875 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Here's something: Buzzfeed obtained masses of emails from Breitbart, and they show just how tied -- and participatory -- Milo and Steve Bannon himself were in the foment of the racist alt-right. Of course with tendrils linking to the likes of Vox Day and Gamergaters. It's all part and parcel. There's even through-lines to Peter Thiel, VICE, Michael Flynn Sr. and Jr., Sebastian Gorka.

Some revelations include the fact that Milo's passwords included "Kristallnacht" and "LongKnives1920".

https://www.buzzfeed...ite-nationalism

There's also the connection to the Mercers, a billionaire family who fund Breitbart and other alt-right faces (including, even now, Milo), and -- yes -- bankrolled Donald Trump. We haven't talked about them much on the board, but they're like the Koch Brothers of the alt-right.

There's no need for shadowy government cabals or whatever. As usual, it's private billionaire colonialists funding ideologues and vampires to do the groundwork.

#5876 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

Doesn't it all start with Bannon's experience working for a company that hired Word of Warcraft gold farmers from China?

#5877 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:56 AM

He definitely took what he learned there and injected white supremacy and other reactionary politics festering on 4chan, reddit, etc. into the mainstream. Gamergate was like the trial balloon for the bigger package.

#5878 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Oh boy, Trumpito's first mail order wife, Ivana, is going to be interviewed on the CBS Morning News program Sunday morning.

#5879 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 October 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Oh boy, Trumpito's first mail order wife, Ivana, is going to be interviewed on the CBS Morning News program Sunday morning.

But really could you imagine her, this is exactly what she signed on for.... hah

#5880 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Since Ivana Trump's marriage in no way resembles the mail order bride process, I presume you meant that to be an insult, which is reductive to her story and demeaning to mail order brides in general.

Share this topic:

• 720 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

17 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users