Huge truths
They're going to be great truths

#5542 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

Silencer, on 03 August 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 03 August 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Fuck this Sarah Huckabee Sander's lady. Lying through her goddamned teeth.

Seriously. Oh, the phone calls never happened, but the conversations did ...just in person....so there's no record of them other than Trumps word, but they happened!

No, they fucking didn't. Yeah, tell me about his camp girlfriend in Canada while you are at it.

How the fuck do these people sleep at night?

What I find most odd, is that they seem to think the issue is whether the conversations happened or not by itself. While the conversations occurring would alleviate some of the problems, it is still very strange for someone to confuse a telephone call - twice, in one week - with a face-to-face conversation. Because that's not something that you lie about. You don't pretend it was a phone call instead of face-to-face, there's no point. Which implies something is terribly wrong with Trump's memory.

But, I think what is most telling here - because, let's be honest, no-one is buying that excuse anyway, especially when the Boy Scouts are on record with their chief apologising for Trump's speech rather than praising it - is that they're still having to cover for him. Honestly, that NY Times article is probably dead on - this is just reflex for Trump. It's easier for him than telling the truth (especially when the truth is likely to be a lot less positive), so he just defaults to making stuff up.
And Sanders is probably going to be fired over it. Because, like Spicer, she has no idea how to convincingly cover for him without either lying herself or sounding like a liar - and that's Trump's problem with everyone who speaks on his behalf - he doesn't understand why they can't do what he does. It's because most of them aren't off-the-cuff liars. They're best when they're scripted and prepared. Thus why they keep disappointing him.

That being said, the ground is shrinking rapidly under Trump's feet. Between Mueller and the Republicans slowly turning against him, he is likely feeling very alone right now. Which isn't good for his already well established paranoia and instability. But it's probably good for making it much more apparent that he's unfit for the job.

No, I think your former point is closer to the truth. I seriously wonder if he has some kind of dementia. It would explain why he uses the words big, very big, big, big, big rather than enormous. He seems stuck on the simplest level of English. Some of his lies as you say seem to be just bizarre moments when he makes stuff up when even the truth would be better. It would explain why he is swayed by the strongest opinion at the time. Why he changes back and forth on positions. Why he can never seem to nail down details. Why he is still stuck back on the campaign details and constantly forgets the details like how many votes he actually won, or why he still repeats 'facts' he now knows are wrong. He gets stuck on the more emotional lie, than the new truth.

#5543 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

The Washington Post has published transcripts from Trumps phone calls to the Mexican President and Australian Priminister the first week of his term:

https://www.washingt...m=.a74f608e7c39

It's fascinating to read these transcripts. They don't really reveal that much about Trump, we already knew he was incapable of forming coherent arguments or keeping focus. It's more interesting to see how the other heads of state talk to or with him.

Especially Turnbull seems to be miles ahead of him in negotiation and political strategy. He tries to explain how to easily dissolve the dispute but Trump seems to be unable to understand the subtle solution to this crisis he's having a fit about.

#5544 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

Solid work on one of the aspects of Stephen Miller's press conference yesterday that got a little drowned out by the Statue of Liberty thing, his use of the word "cosmopolitan" as epithet: http://www.politico....-epithet-215454
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5545 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Mueller appears to be on the money trail, both with Russians and Trump ties unrelated to Russia: https://twitter.com/...201194725801985

He's opened a grand jury investigation, subpoenas issued. Carter Page has had a FISA warrant on him since 2014.

#5546 User is offline   nicetrout 

• Sergeant

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

What y'all think the chances are he's going to fire Mueller?

#5547 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

If it looks likely he will be impeached no question. That's the kind of player he is. Will buy him some time but not much.

#5548 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

At first I was considering whether it was political suicide or not, and then I came to realize that's all wrong and doesn't matter. He's guilty of hella financial crimes, I have no doubt, regardless of the criminal collusion issue. And since he's guilty, I'm more and more thinking he's gonna fire Mueller. I'm not sure what or who could convince him not to.

#5549 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Seduce Goose, on 03 August 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

The Washington Post has published transcripts from Trumps phone calls to the Mexican President and Australian Priminister the first week of his term:

https://www.washingt...m=.a74f608e7c39

It's fascinating to read these transcripts. They don't really reveal that much about Trump, we already knew he was incapable of forming coherent arguments or keeping focus. It's more interesting to see how the other heads of state talk to or with him.

Especially Turnbull seems to be miles ahead of him in negotiation and political strategy. He tries to explain how to easily dissolve the dispute but Trump seems to be unable to understand the subtle solution to this crisis he's having a fit about.

Do you know what is depressing about this? Turnbull is an idiot. Not as bad as Tony Abbott, of course, but hardly a political genius. XD

As for firing Mueller, with all the noise he's been making about Sessions lately, I think it is inevitable. Though a handful of Republicans have gone on-record as stating that they'd basically spit the dummy if that happens. That won't necessarily stop him, of course, but it would be nice if there were actual, immediate consequences to his doing so.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5550 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Cause, on 03 August 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

No, I think your former point is closer to the truth. I seriously wonder if he has some kind of dementia. It would explain why he uses the words big, very big, big, big, big rather than enormous. He seems stuck on the simplest level of English. Some of his lies as you say seem to be just bizarre moments when he makes stuff up when even the truth would be better. It would explain why he is swayed by the strongest opinion at the time. Why he changes back and forth on positions. Why he can never seem to nail down details. Why he is still stuck back on the campaign details and constantly forgets the details like how many votes he actually won, or why he still repeats 'facts' he now knows are wrong. He gets stuck on the more emotional lie, than the new truth.

That's not someone with dementia. That's just a description of a person who is fundamentally stupid.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#5551 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

Posted Image

#5552 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Down South, on 08 August 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

I hope diplomacy succeeds. Each passing day I doubt it will just that little bit more from the day before. Something is going to happen with N Korea and many people are going to die.

I know that I have zero confidence in these 2 leaders coming up with a sane solution. I'm not thrilled to be living in San Francisco at the moment. I'm thinking of moving to Alabama.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#5553 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

Seems logical that this is what happens when cable news salivates constantly at the potential of another war and then you elect a president who does nothing but watch cable news.

But it's not all bad news: https://twitter.com/...018848000380928

#5554 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

I wonder if we can get Russia to deal on dropping sanctions to start pointing their nukes at N. Korea.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#5555 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

China can easily put a stop to it. I imagine they will if it escalates.

#5556 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

Trump is not helping the situation. It would suck to be in Guam at the moment.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#5557 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

North Korea ain't going to do shit. This has been, and always will be, about negotiating position.

They'd cease to exist if they ever fired an actual missile.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 09 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5558 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

HoosierDaddy, on 09 August 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

North Korea ain't going to do shit. This has been, and always will be, about negotiating position.

Sir, yes, sir!
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#5559 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

HoosierDaddy, on 09 August 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

True, and we can hope that the rationale holds out. Especially given the US anti-ICBM system has a test success rate of like 51%...including all the times the practice missile wasn't destroyed or hit, but some new subsystem worked as intended. Without those it's less than 50% reliable. And it's never been tested taking on multiple targets.

But at least NK would be a nuclear wasteland if they ever tried. I'm pretty sure they're not that stupid. Mostly.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5560 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

In trouble at home? Start a war!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic