• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#5061 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

You know as I was typing it was originally "from what?", then I changed it to "for what" because we know he wants immunity for doing illegal shit, it's just the details that matter as to why he wants the immunity.

I'm still confused as to how to phrase it.

TL;DR: Dude is guilty of stuff.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 30 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5062 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Yah, all I'm saying is I want to know what he has to offer and what he's so scared of.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5063 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

Doesn't want to be the last rat on the ship? Almost certainly Russian ties and I'm almost certain he'll also give Trump a big pass. Can we really trust these people to tell the truth to Congress? Even with immunity they'll lie, lie, lie. It's their modus operandi.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5064 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:29 AM

Congressional NatSec Chairman of HOR: "But he acknowledged: 'I did use the White House to help to confirm what I already knew from other sources.'"

What a fucking house of cards they have built. This administration is incompetent, corrupt, and hopelessly lost.

GOOD. Fuck them.

#5065 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:06 AM

ICE is now detaining green card applicants at their scheduled interview appointments: http://www.wbur.org/...rrests-lawrence

#5066 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

From an outsider opinion...correct me if I'm wrong...the FBI will only grant him immunity to nail a bigger offender, yes? And that offender might be 45?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5067 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Generally, immunity is granted before hearings, court or otherwise. They won't offer it after he provides nothing. So in so many little letters, yes. But that's a vast generality. He could be giving up Russian intel people, congressional leaders, etc. We don't know. And that's why the offer is both strong and weak.

Frankly, I don't know. But it's certainly telling of this administration.

#5068 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 31 March 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Generally, immunity is granted before hearings, court or otherwise. They won't offer it after he provides nothing. So in so many little letters, yes. But that's a vast generality. He could be giving up Russian intel people, congressional leaders, etc. We don't know. And that's why the offer is both strong and weak.

Frankly, I don't know. But it's certainly telling of this administration.

Presumably we, the plebs, won't know anything until something blows up big time or nothing happens?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5069 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

Developments, maybe.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5070 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Probably means whatever info he has isn't important enough that they'd let him avoid prosecution.

WTF is "unfair" prosecution anyway? Is that an actual thing or just his team having a sook?
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5071 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

More bullshit. They don't have anything else than lies.

#5072 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

It's either he has nothing and not worth immunity or they have enough that they don't need him as much as he thinks they do.

Or everyone on the committee is already in the pocket somehow so nothing will happen because they are insanely corrupt. Probably that one.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#5073 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

Bannon removed from the security council
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#5074 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

Bannon needs to be wiped from the face of the earth, not just the council. Posted Image

#5075 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:28 AM

It's coming out that he threatened to quit over it. I wish he would, but I would also like to see him publicly humiliated for a long while too. So I'm indecisive.

On another note, this is the best assessment/summary of the GOP's ideological downward spiral I've ever read: http://fusion.net/th...in-t-1793944216

Really covers how the party intelligentsia/oligarchy fed the base so much toxic raw meat over the years (via reality-averse 'low' right wing media) while they benefited (the Wall Street Journal class) that it shocked them when the base started cannibalizing even them (Tea Party, Freedom Caucus, et al). How they convinced themselves of the myth of "conservative" America (Dems not innocent here either) such that they were blind to the monster they were creating. If you've ever known anyone who was brain-poisoned by Fox News, Rush, etc. or their malformed offspring (Alex Jones, Breitbart) you'll see a lot of the systematic process explained here. Really my highest recommendation.

#5076 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

Jared Kushner is running now most of US foreign policy. Because Trump trusts "family" over "experts."

The husband of his daughter is now the most important American in American politics other than Trump.

That is fucking ridiculous.

#5077 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:37 AM

Well, as a wise man once said: "Nepotism is kind of a factor of life." -- Eric Trump
https://www.salon.co...he-white-house/

#5078 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

So they used the "Nuclear option" on the filibuster....

Is it me, or didn't the GOP use the filibuster FAR more than the Dems ever did? This feels like a decidedly shortsighted decision, no?

#5079 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

To record-shattering degrees, yes.

#5080 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:42 AM

View PostBriar King, on 07 April 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

There will be a press conference tonight. We have launched tomahawks at Syria.

*At the Syrian government's military forces.

This is going to turn out so well ...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

74 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 74 guests, 0 anonymous users