• You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#4461 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

Cheesewiz, on 19 January 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Anyone else watching the starting events? I missed Wreath laying. Welcome concert is now.

I am not going to watch anything to do with the inauguration.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4462 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

Vengeance, on 19 January 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Cheesewiz, on 19 January 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Anyone else watching the starting events? I missed Wreath laying. Welcome concert is now.

I am not going to watch anything to do with the inauguration.

This.

Did you know Trump, or at least his transition team, is supposed to put up candidates for over 600 positions in front of congress, and another 2000 that they appoint without congressional approval?

Did you know that to date, Trump's transition team has given congress 30 names for appointment?

Did you know that a month ago Trump's transition team sent a letter to every single Obama appointment telling them to be done on 12:01pm, January 20th (when Trump takes over)?

Did you know that today they are asking a couple hundred to stay on, because they are a bunch of morons who have no idea what they are doing?

Did you know that Trump's corporation employs less than 100 people?

This is absolutely idiotic.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#4463 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

It's insane. Just after the election it was revealed the Trump team didn't even know that they were supposed to hire a new West Wing staff.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4464 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

I dont see the planet going to 2020 to be honest.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4465 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:22 AM

Indeed. This year alone is going to make a corpse of hope. This is the future: http://www.ecowatch....2195804679.html

#4466 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

To add even more to Obdi's post: http://www.politico....ositions-233880
Spoiler

#4467 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

Urgh. I'm watching it. I hadn't planned to but the baby asleep and I need to crash on the sofa. It's hard to believe it is going to be real.

I remember watching Obama's first inauguration when I was working in NJ. A lot of the black people in the office were crying and it felt like a huge moment. This one is just frickin weird.

My hope for life now is that when the nukes fall me and my family would like to be at the epicentre.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#4468 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

Sat and watched bits of the inauguration while my dad rambles on about the coming of the end times.

Crazy speech. Some of it was really inspiring and promising, some of it was awkward and weird and then there was the stuff that sounded like the delusions of a madman.

I will congratulate the American malazites when you in 4 years time are living in a post-human civilization where poverty, crime and inequality has been illiminated .

This post has been edited by Apt: 20 January 2017 - 05:38 PM

#4469 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

More like all the Goldman Sachs executives will steal tons and tons of money, all arts funding will be cut (providing 0.02% of the targeted 10 trillion budget cuts), all school meal programs for poor kids will be cut (30 million kids affected by this), tens of millions lose their medical insurance coverage, our infrastructure falls apart, our nuclear weapons become as unsecure as those of the former USSR, and even worse things happen.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#4470 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

Trump 2017 01 21 inaug crowd:

Posted Image

Obama 2009 inaug crowd:

Posted Image
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4471 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Everything is going be just alright. Hopefully great. I know I know a lot of you are were the opposite side that was felt 8 years ago. Doom and gloom. We made it through Obama...I mostly didn't agree with his policies. Some I still do. Some I didn't then, but came to understand through time.Not trying to rehash old wounds here. Just like you all tell me other people feel differently and have different belief concepts the same applies here.

I didn't vote for the guy, I'm being positive about it cause you can't really wish against America. I think also due to policy of over 40 years he is being handed a tougher version of America to take over. Mountain of debt, endless wars, Etc. It will be interesting to see how he take issues head on as he seems to like too. Interesting. I don't envy trump... Obama etc for the positions they were honestly given and decided to take over.. If you think about it both are being handed lesser forms of what America should and could be....But maybe that's really ignorant too as the machine is quite complicated.

I hope he just takes on the big issues head on. It will probably look quite a bit situation normal (extend and pretend ).. 4 years from now. I am secretly groaning over well quite a bit , but we should all be positive.. America will shine through in the end. There's quite a bit of his experience that he could bring to the table..I mean with Trumps level of ego and narcism he is going to try really really hard to be remembered as a great president. You may not agree with his exact attributes, like that talented athlete who's the same for reference, but let's see how he approaches and executes the process.

I believe the biggest lesson that could be learned over the next 4( 8 years) with the left ideology that just maybe perhaps that could just walk away from the fed being quite so empowering. More statehood power. Power of we the people...That's what this experience will hopefully teach us all. The founders probably would have something much more poignant to say here about modern America. I can always hope.

..... To the truly left on this board. Do an about face and recognize all the good your guy did while in office. Your stronger people then all that. America is the pinnacle of modern civilization. One of the best things about us Americans is we know we got to keep growing.

To making America great again.

(Hedge accordingly-keep prepping-some things are out of everyone's control)

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 20 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4472 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Abyss, on 20 January 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Trump 2017 01 21 inaug crowd:

Posted Image

Obama 2009 inaug crowd:

Posted Image

Everybody knows the public movement behind Obama was much greater than Trump's but that comparison is pretty bad. One is zoomed in tight and cropped to emphasise the crowd.

#4473 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

We've overcome Civil War, Great Depression and Recession. Idiot presidents, wildly aggressive presidents, purely neutral presidents. Assassinations, plots and conspiracies.

It'll be a rough go, but we'll move forward as always.

Fuck Trump and his cronyism, 2018 midterms here we go!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#4474 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Cheesewiz, on 20 January 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

It was a more filled then that.

When I see Pence I can't help but think he will be 46. Kinda like those jokes going around he has to step up after Trump quits in a week.

A small part of my brain was waiting during his speech and a colum of servicemen were behind him that he'd give the signal for them to snatch up Clintons and others. He didn't. We will be ok. Doom n gloom gets us no where except stressed out.

Pence would have lost his Indiana governorship had he ran. Nope. Not going to happen.

"A small part of my brain was waiting during his speech and a colum of servicemen were behind him that he'd give the signal for them to snatch up Clintons and others. He didn't. We will be ok."

Everything about this statement is so fucking ridiculous it needs mentioned. The IDEA that the President would imprison his fucking opposition is as anti-American as it gets. The fact that you were WORRIED about it says that this fucking idiot has no place wielding power on any level.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 20 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#4475 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

And then THIS happened.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4476 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Cheesewiz, on 20 January 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Calm the fuck down. I never said I was worried about it.

My emotional level is approximate to the level it needs to be.

Have fun in the land of the rich and the home of the rich (and sycophants).

#4477 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

HoosierDaddy, on 20 January 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

You can see the streets you dumb shit. It doesn't matter if it's zoomed in. Every time you post in politics I can smell the 4Chan coming off you.

Are you posting this from Canada? I wasn't aware Canadians were allowed to be this hostile.

Cheesewiz, on 20 January 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Pressure grenades going off in DC at protest. Damn that just got violent live on fox

Pressure grenades seem to be going off in this thread as well.

This post has been edited by Apt: 20 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

#4478 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

Remember this is a civil discussion thread. Emphasis on civil from both sides.

Don't make me lock this thread up till Monday.

- Vengeance (admin)
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4479 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Apologies all around.

#4480 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

I assumed Stone Cold was going to sort things out for you all

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

40 User(s) are reading this topic