• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#4321 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

Nicodimas, on 20 December 2016 - 05:31 AM, said:

death rattle, on 20 December 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

NDAs are one thing, Nico, but you signed away your right to generally discuss current events on a message board? I hope not. Nobody here's gonna snitch on you anyway!

I just can't discuss anything or comment on the market*, the broader implications, they even named a website I 'used' to go too I sadly can't bring it up now....(which makes me go their more-just shouldn't bring it up). Your Wrong though...they really can find ya <IP tracking>...you don't understand how much control a corporation has at this level...IP tracking is relatively easy..even under a alias.

The market will literally relate to everything the next couple years. good luck all. It all ties together.....

For me it's all about getting to the next level in terms of knowledge.

Uhhhh... Use a VPN? Also, it's moderately concerning that your employer would monitor your personal use of the internet outside of work? Like, I get it in some jobs, because of insider trading and the like, you might be prohibited from engaging in certain activities on said websites, but in most cases that's an "after the fact" issue - not something a company actively monitors or goes looking for. :S

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#4322 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:26 PM

Did you decide enough was enough and started working for the Illuminati?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#4323 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:32 PM

Considering some of the sites Nico has linked us to, I might be a bit concerned as an employer as well. Especially if Nico is now working for the Illuminati

Imagine if you're working at a baby seal fur coat factory and you're also a member of PETA?

#4324 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

Nicos a seal clubber???

#4325 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

Nicodimas, on 20 December 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

Mentalist, on 20 December 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

Silencer, on 19 December 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

On the money thing - bear in mind a lot of these people are like Trump. They do *not* have 100mil "in the bank". They are 'worth' 100mil (or whatever), but that consists of their investments, and also their companies and stock - none of which is liquid assets. While many of them still have obscenely large sums of cash available to them, it's not as simple as being able to throw cash around all the time - they do need to make money to sustain their lifestyle.
That doesn't hold true so much with the people earning annual remuneration in the tens of millions, but for a lot of people like Trump, they don't actually have that much real money.

You'd think that would be an indication that these people would be even MORE desperate to line their pockets with public money, and thus that it'd be an even worse idea to give them power.

But it would seem Americans like their delusions as much as Ukrainians (who also elected a millionaire 2 years ago. He started out 6th richest person in UA. Now he's number 1. All a coincidence, naturally)

@ Mentalist: People elected Trump really based off the fact they want to be in a better place. I got a job <yea!!!>, but my healthcare in AZ would have gone from $270-->$513/month in Jan as a single guy in good health in his 30's that's for the exchange too. Insane. Unemployed. People are suffering over here when their healthcare bill is basically a rent bill. Arizona may have been targeted more due to the politics of this state though <Mormons, Arpaio, Savers,etc>...which is really really wrong...but politics as normal...If I had a dependent..that would be fing unaffordable. People are actively having to go naked on insurance due to this.

I honestly can say we all should be hoping Trump pulls a Miracle. The climate as of today..is scary. I really don't think trump will get richer or his friends will. I worry that it all goes to shit ...and quick due to all the geopolitical stuff. Maybe that's what tptb wants.

<Note: Due to my new job I will longer be allowed to talk about certain stuff...I guess I am selling not just my time, but my opinion too...gotta survive......I signed stuff :p I'll just be super positive from now on..../truestory>

Nico,

I am heavily monitored at work. As long as I don't talk about my job or anything related to the company that I work for they don't care.

Silencer companies now monitor what people post on social media sites. There are some lets call them asshole companies that try to get you to give them your FB and other social media passwords. It is highly illegal and if you call them on it and mention that it is illegal they will usually back down. But there are a lot of people who go ahead and do it. Of course that is usually done by companies who are too stupid to realize that there are legitimate channels to go through in order to monitor social media sites. Linkedin has an api that allows for employers if you sign documentation to monitor what you post as does facebook. Which basically allows for an employer to see your posts but you know not post as if they are you or steal your account.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#4326 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

Vengeance, on 20 December 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Nicodimas, on 20 December 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

On the money thing - bear in mind a lot of these people are like Trump. They do *not* have 100mil "in the bank". They are 'worth' 100mil (or whatever), but that consists of their investments, and also their companies and stock - none of which is liquid assets. While many of them still have obscenely large sums of cash available to them, it's not as simple as being able to throw cash around all the time - they do need to make money to sustain their lifestyle.
That doesn't hold true so much with the people earning annual remuneration in the tens of millions, but for a lot of people like Trump, they don't actually have that much real money.

You'd think that would be an indication that these people would be even MORE desperate to line their pockets with public money, and thus that it'd be an even worse idea to give them power.

But it would seem Americans like their delusions as much as Ukrainians (who also elected a millionaire 2 years ago. He started out 6th richest person in UA. Now he's number 1. All a coincidence, naturally)

@ Mentalist: People elected Trump really based off the fact they want to be in a better place. I got a job <yea!!!>, but my healthcare in AZ would have gone from $270-->$513/month in Jan as a single guy in good health in his 30's that's for the exchange too. Insane. Unemployed. People are suffering over here when their healthcare bill is basically a rent bill. Arizona may have been targeted more due to the politics of this state though <Mormons, Arpaio, Savers,etc>...which is really really wrong...but politics as normal...If I had a dependent..that would be fing unaffordable. People are actively having to go naked on insurance due to this.

I honestly can say we all should be hoping Trump pulls a Miracle. The climate as of today..is scary. I really don't think trump will get richer or his friends will. I worry that it all goes to shit ...and quick due to all the geopolitical stuff. Maybe that's what tptb wants.

<Note: Due to my new job I will longer be allowed to talk about certain stuff...I guess I am selling not just my time, but my opinion too...gotta survive......I signed stuff :p I'll just be super positive from now on..../truestory>

Nico,

I am heavily monitored at work. As long as I don't talk about my job or anything related to the company that I work for they don't care.

Silencer companies now monitor what people post on social media sites. There are some lets call them asshole companies that try to get you to give them your FB and other social media passwords. It is highly illegal and if you call them on it and mention that it is illegal they will usually back down. But there are a lot of people who go ahead and do it. Of course that is usually done by companies who are too stupid to realize that there are legitimate channels to go through in order to monitor social media sites. Linkedin has an api that allows for employers if you sign documentation to monitor what you post as does facebook. Which basically allows for an employer to see your posts but you know not post as if they are you or steal your account.

No, I'm talking about your personal internet usage. At home. On your own PC. To sites you do not use for work.

I'm well aware that some companies do things like ask for your Facebook password or similar - illegally as you point out. My point is that Nico's employer really shouldn't be tracking his posting here, from his personal devices. Because his employer does not own him or his time outside of work.

Again, an employer can fire you for bringing the company into disrepute for what you post in a public space - but that doesn't give them the right to install surveillance cameras in your house, or have someone follow you when you go out. It also doesn't give them the right to police your internet usage on your own time. It's an after-the-fact enforcement, IF they were to become aware of any wrongdoing.

I'm not saying that companies don't do this. I'm saying they shouldn't and are not allowed to. *shrug*

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#4327 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

The future is "voluntarily" signing away your rights to private companies in exchange for a job that staves off poverty.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4328 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

Silencer, on 20 December 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

Oh, I don't disagree there at all. Just pointing out that there is a reason these "rich" businessmen seem to constantly want more money. It's because most of their wealth is theoretical.

It's also about keeping score. Wealth is the measure of success in the business world, so to use Mac's example - someone with $105m is a better businessman than someone with $100m. Someone who closes a bigger deal, no mattet how shady, is better at their job than the other guy. It's partly why the financial crisis happened. Banks engaged in this massive pissing contest to create more and more money, and it caused a meltdown in the global economy.

This post has been edited by MTS: 21 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#4329 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

death rattle, on 20 December 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

The future is "voluntarily" signing away your rights to private companies in exchange for a job that staves off poverty.

Fortunately we have such nice laws, at least here in Denmark and Europe, that states you can't sign away your rights in a contract. The law takes precedence over whatever legalese shenanigans your employer might think to put in the contract.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#4330 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

Primateus, on 21 December 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

death rattle, on 20 December 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

Fortunately we have such nice laws, at least here in Denmark and Europe, that states you can't sign away your rights in a contract. The law takes precedence over whatever legalese shenanigans your employer might think to put in the contract.

Thankfully we have the same here. Although with our Govt slavishly following the US, look forward to this being watered down and the re-institution of debt slavery, no rights for workers etc.

It'll be downright Dickensian. :apt:
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4331 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

In the latest chapter in North Carolina politics, the Dems and Reps attempted a bipartisan repeal of HB2 -- commonly known as the infamous "Bathroom Bill" which did plenty of heinous stuff aside from that, including barring local governments from protecting LGBT people w/ anti-discrimination legislation, which was in response to Charlotte doing just that. If you recall, there was national outcry and a genuinely effective economic boycott effort against the state, leading to the defeat of Governor Pat McCrory in the latest election. Which in turn led to that recent power grab by the state's current GOP-dominated legislature.

In that environment, what's the worst that could happen huh? Well how about a deal in which Dems promise to repeal the Charlotte anti-discrimination ordinance in return for the GOP at state level helping to repeal HB2? And the Dems following through on their moronic half of the bargain while the state legislature adjourns without doing anything about HB2, so now the local law is gone while the hateful state law remains? And LGBT people being squashed in between an incompetent rock and a hostile hard place?

Moral of the story: GOP remains the noxious backbiting hatemongers they've always been, and Dems prove themselves the spineless sellout caricatures they always pretend they're not when nothing's at stake. And it's gonna be up to the ACLU and like-minded groups to pick up the slack yet again.

#4332 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

Watching Bernie and a couple people in a 4 on 1 discussion table. Good god.

Bernie is talking them into proving they are idiots to themselves. It's beautiful and frustrating. Fucking people are STUPID.

I should've voted Bernie. Bad HD, Bad!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#4333 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:46 AM

Hopefully the experience of this election and his success will move the Democrats into moving back to what they nominally were - a party for the working class. If they focus their efforts on trying to take back statehouses in 2018 instead of trying to impeach Trump they just may do it.

In other news, Obama is really kicking his ass into gear to try and protect his legacy lately. Environmental protections, bans on oil drilling, dismantling of DHS Muslim registry program, now a UN resolution condemning Israeli settlement...it's amazing what can be done when not having to worry about political expediency.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#4334 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:58 AM

MTS, on 24 December 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

Hopefully the experience of this election and his success will move the Democrats into moving back to what they nominally were - a party for the working class. If they focus their efforts on trying to take back statehouses in 2018 instead of trying to impeach Trump they just may do it.

In other news, Obama is really kicking his ass into gear to try and protect his legacy lately. Environmental protections, bans on oil drilling, dismantling of DHS Muslim registry program, now a UN resolution condemning Israeli settlement...it's amazing what can be done when not having to worry about political expediency.

I love zero-fucks Obama.

The UN resolution against Israel is pointless and toothless, but it's the first resolution to ever pass condemning settlements in Palestinian lands. It's something at least, but nothing useful will come out of it. Netanyahu getting wrecked is always great though.

Trump's talk about nuclear proliferation though, that's getting more and more scary. What moral authority would the US have If they want to both restrict Iran's nuclear capabilities AND build more nukes?

As if we have any remote need for more nukes...
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#4335 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

It depends as modern technology has increased how many of the old systems have been deemed unreliable in terms of modern systems that can counter/detect them. In the last decade alone some of the advances are chilling, so new weapons systems will be made that can get past the new detection systems alone.. See where I'm going with this ?

Neither side is ever going to say hey our old tech doesn't work on this many systems. So there number grows and certain systems I imagine get retired , but is never going to be made formally public. I have no idea on the timeline of the effectiveness of a actual hydrogen bomb, but it probably all comes from the tech of delivery and countering them why this is increasing. I always imagine when they sign those treaties they just get rid of the the ineffective systems anyhow to appease the public.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#4336 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

In 2017 we're gonna edit the First Amendment to make the Prosperity Gospel the official religion of the United States.
http://www.thedailyb...auguration.html

#4337 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:45 AM

Isn't there something in the Bible about rich men, camels and needles?

Ah yes, Matthew 19:24

http://biblehub.com/matthew/19-24.htm
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4338 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:48 AM

Everyone knows Matthew was just engaging in class warfare when he chose to record that remark. Another example of the mainstream media's liberal bias!

#4339 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:50 AM

We like to think that Christianity mellowed during the reformation and the enlightenment in 17-18th century in Europe. It wasnt a toning down and fraternising of Christians holding hands and singing cumbaya my lord though, it's just that all the religious hardliners decided to hop on a boat to the USA to build a new hedonism-free God's Country. Turnips and hellfire, the American dream.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4340 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

I posted something on Facebook reminding people that Jesus was a middle East dissident not a white conservative and immediately for the back up of someone I know who is a white conservative in the States...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

90 User(s) are reading this topic