• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#13781 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 September 2023 - 05:11 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 11 September 2023 - 03:24 PM, said:

Seriously though, the main concern isn't risk of dying, but cognitive decline and energy level.

Unfortunately biology does not necessarily reward 'virtue' or punish 'vice'; plenty of obese people who eat like Trump does and don't exercise don't get heart attacks.

As someone who's wife has spent 20 years working in this exact field of geriatrics, the notion that Trump isn't ALSO suffering from cognitive decline is laughable.

Fun fact, MANY people who show a really debilitating cognitive decline do not do so all day every day, they do so often in the evening. Something called Sundowning. They can be alert, and viable, and energetic for most of the day and the cognition issues only really present after like 7PM...at which point they become slowly more and more unable to function. Happened to a friend of ours. She spent a full year having her father assessed and reassessed by the health care services and his doctors and they simply never would bring someone around late enough to see him sundowning...so he went uncared for in that regard for a long time and my friend suffered a tortuous year of trying desperately to get him the help he needed. By the time the sundowning was actually observed by someone who could make the call to transfer him to a care centre as she'd been asking for them to do for a year...he lasted 3 weeks and then died from the illness.

The many and varied elements of cognition do not always just present like Joe Biden might be presenting. It can happen in many ways, and frankly things like Adderall addiction would mask a lot of that, as does the fact that he's ALWAYS spoken in world salad nonsensicals...

Again, I'm not fighting for the idea that Biden isn't too old to run again, or that someone else should not be chosen to run in his stead....I'm simply saying that any notion of Trump being of sound cognition or physical health is being willfully blind to the many instances of proof we've seen in his behaviour in the last few years, even the last year he was president.

Like it's so silly that I can't believe we are even talking about it...Trump is just as cognitively fucked as Joe Biden is. They are both Octogenarians (or close enough to), and should not even be fucking DRIVING, let alone running any world governments.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13782 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2023 - 06:30 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 September 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 11 September 2023 - 03:24 PM, said:

Seriously though, the main concern isn't risk of dying, but cognitive decline and energy level.

Unfortunately biology does not necessarily reward 'virtue' or punish 'vice'; plenty of obese people who eat like Trump does and don't exercise don't get heart attacks.

As someone who's wife has spent 20 years working in this exact field of geriatrics, the notion that Trump isn't ALSO suffering from cognitive decline is laughable.

Fun fact, MANY people who show a really debilitating cognitive decline do not do so all day every day, they do so often in the evening. Something called Sundowning. They can be alert, and viable, and energetic for most of the day and the cognition issues only really present after like 7PM...at which point they become slowly more and more unable to function. Happened to a friend of ours. She spent a full year having her father assessed and reassessed by the health care services and his doctors and they simply never would bring someone around late enough to see him sundowning...so he went uncared for in that regard for a long time and my friend suffered a tortuous year of trying desperately to get him the help he needed. By the time the sundowning was actually observed by someone who could make the call to transfer him to a care centre as she'd been asking for them to do for a year...he lasted 3 weeks and then died from the illness.

The many and varied elements of cognition do not always just present like Joe Biden might be presenting. It can happen in many ways, and frankly things like Adderall addiction would mask a lot of that, as does the fact that he's ALWAYS spoken in world salad nonsensicals...

Again, I'm not fighting for the idea that Biden isn't too old to run again, or that someone else should not be chosen to run in his stead....I'm simply saying that any notion of Trump being of sound cognition or physical health is being willfully blind to the many instances of proof we've seen in his behaviour in the last few years, even the last year he was president.

Like it's so silly that I can't believe we are even talking about it...Trump is just as cognitively fucked as Joe Biden is. They are both Octogenarians (or close enough to), and should not even be fucking DRIVING, let alone running any world governments.

So Biden should start doing meth, or else resign? (Then again, maybe he's so far gone that he already is, and it's still not enough.... If the military has any top-secret superdrugs, Biden should be taking them. Super Dark Brandon. The Ultimate President! Maybe some neural implants too? Just make sure they're not from Tesla....)

While that might keep his energy level up, I'm not sure it will have enough of a positive effect on his cognition or speaking....

Sure, Trump is such a deranged and hard-to-control idiot that even most right-wing intellectuals are probably Never Trumpers (and those that weren't before the 2016 election probably thought his governmentally important actions as president would be easier to control).

Biden could be getting Weekend at Bernie's'd and most anti-Trump voters would still vote for him (myself included---in fact I might prefer it that way lol). (Just about the only thing that might make me consider not voting for Biden would be if he picked Trump as vice president....)

The main issues that will determine the election are voter turnout and the undecideds and potential swing voters.

The less appealing Biden seems, the fewer Biden voters will turn out.

Same goes for undecideds and potential swing voters. By being undecided, they've already effectively decided that Trump's idiocy is not sufficiently disqualifying. It's already 'priced in'. Of course Trump's repetitive (entrancing?) word salad makes it harder to tell if he has dementia or other age-related cogntive decline, or perhaps even whether its severity exceeds Biden's. But that's an unknown, whereas Biden's decline is certain and obvious to all.

#13783 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 11 September 2023 - 06:32 PM

I never said Trump wasn’t. He’s completely batshit insane. I’m just saying we need a new dem option. I’d choose Biden over Trump but I think they are both royally bad choices at this point.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#13784 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:54 PM

And I never argued that point whatsoever
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#13785 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:04 AM

My apologies if I misunderstood. Sometimes when you read text you can misinterpret the meaning.
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#13786 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 September 2023 - 04:03 AM

Biden is (too) old, and probably needs Trump as the GOP candidate to be able to win. But who is the alternative? Harris has mostly been out of the spotlights, and few governors seem interested in running this cycle.

I do feel though that too much is made of Biden’s tiredness in the way of disqualifying him for the job. Being 80 in 2023 is vastly different from being 80 in 2000, although of course there’s always the risk of rapid mental decline.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#13787 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 September 2023 - 04:29 AM

Going 12+ hours across the world and doing a Presidential schedule is hard stuff for me and I'm 37.

I don't see Harris winning a primary much less the presidential election. Bernie is also too old to do another major run - although I'd vote for him over Biden.

AOC likely going to go for a Senate spot once Schumer retires. Not going Presidential, although I think she'd be brilliant at it.

I don't know who the next Democratic star is. It's not Bootyjeg, Newsom, or Harris. Maybe Whitmer?
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13788 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 September 2023 - 04:33 AM

View Postamphibian, on 12 September 2023 - 04:29 AM, said:

Going 12+ hours across the world and doing a Presidential schedule is hard stuff for me and I'm 37.

I don't see Harris winning a primary much less the presidential election. Bernie is also too old to do another major run - although I'd vote for him over Biden.

AOC likely going to go for a Senate spot once Schumer retires. Not going Presidential, although I think she'd be brilliant at it.

I don't know who the next Democratic star is. It's not Bootyjeg, Newsom, or Harris. Maybe Whitmer?

Politico mentioned Whitmer as a candidate most of the party’s establishment could get behind. They had an interesting interview with her a couple of months ago, in which she says that she sees many other democratic governors running in 2028 and pointedly not ruling out her run, too.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#13789 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:36 PM

governor of a state won by [...] Trump in 2016, she has built broad appeal, foregrounding practical problem-solving rather than dogma. "Fix the damn roads" was one of her signature battle cries [...]

Speculation about an eventual White House bid by Whitmer has been building steadily. [...]

Perhaps Whitmer has vulnerabilities that have yet to be exposed

Five Democratic alternatives if President Biden exits the 2024 race (thehill.com)

... vulnerabilities that wouldn't have already come up in her two runs for governor of a swing state?

wore a camouflage sweatshirt with Michigangster scripted across the front

Ut oh she's a gangster!

Probably a member of MS-13....

Whitmer's governing course has been bumpy at times[...] To pay for the road repairs, she proposed a 45-cent-per-gallon gas-tax increase—a deeply unpopular idea that quickly crashed. Whitmer would eventually bypass the legislature and pay for the road repairs through several billion dollars in bonds [...]

A hyperlocal message like "Fix the damn roads" is good for a cheerleader governor but not always a vehicle that travels well. Whitmer is, for better or worse, extremely Michigan—possessed of one of the thickest native accents I've heard, a pronounced northern twang [...]

[...] Whitmer is known affectionately as "Big Gretch." [...] in keeping with the ethos of her favorite movie, The Big Lebowski[...] embraced [...] "The Dude abides"—as a personal credo [...]

Her lockdown policies faced fierce and at times unruly opposition. [...]

She kept laughing, though—abided, even. "You know, it's funny; 'The Dude abides'—it's a really wise philosophy," she observed [...]

[...] "We'll keep talkin'. How's that?" Whitmer said. "And one of these days, we'll have a beer. Or three."

Why Not Whitmer? - The Atlantic

#13790 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 September 2023 - 02:34 PM

Im not too concerned about Biden, though maybe I should be. I do sometimes see the occasional video that doesn't cover him in glory. Im probably partially stuck in an anti-trump algorithm bubble. Thing is id rather vote for Bidens corpse than Trump. Trump will destroy the goverment in his second term. It is clear as day. I still think its the best joke I have ever heard and so apt. Obam was the first black president of America, Trump is the first Africans president of America. I can see what his playbook will be clear as day. In south Africa its called Cadre deployment. Not a unique concept but it destroys governance and anyc hecks and balances.

If Biden is slow or demented, currently its still working. If its him, his advisors or his cabinet for the most part America is working as intended. The economy is seen mostly through a partisan lense but objectively Jobs are steadily up and up. Inflation is the lowest amongst the G7 I believe. The US would be better served by an emoty suit right now than the chaos of a Trump, or any republican candidate who seemingly cant wait to whiplash every policy they can.

#13791 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2023 - 03:54 PM

If Whitmer really takes the Big Lebowski as her role model, then she'd be our first openly stoner President... but far from our first heavy drinking president.

Can imagine the MAGA attack ads now... she's a drunken MS-13 member who calls herself a 'dude' and delights in murdering babies and raising taxes! She models herself after the Big Lebowski, so she'd be President Pothead! 'Abiding' while America goes down in flames (and worse, taxes!). She'll be giggling at your shriveled pasty elderly penis!

She'll fix the roads by banning cars bigger than a tricycle!

The covid lockdowns were just a tyrannical dress rehearsal... she's going to send demonic trans drug addicts to enforce permanent lockdown and take away your penises guns!

And of course Trump &co would make up lots of other deranged shit about her....

#13792 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 September 2023 - 04:27 PM

They will make up stuff about anyone and anything. The important part is whether she's funny enough to get past that.

The key to Trump's stuff working is that he's actually kind of funny even when he's shit talking the people who are listening to his bigoted, uninformed ideas.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#13793 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 September 2023 - 05:33 PM

I hope the GOP get punished for this. A formal impeachment process into Joe Biden over..... I'm not sure.

The GOP are not a serious political party anymore, they need to experience severe pain so they can reboot themselves.

#13794 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 September 2023 - 07:45 PM

View PostCause, on 12 September 2023 - 05:33 PM, said:

I hope the GOP get punished for this. A formal impeachment process into Joe Biden over..... I'm not sure.

The GOP are not a serious political party anymore, they need to experience severe pain so they can reboot themselves.

Most Republican voters probably think Biden should at least be impeached for stealing the election. The evidence? Trump said it so it must be true. Airtight as the Hindenburg....

And a far worse crime than 9/11, when you consider the body count---starting with all the babies Biden and his administration have devoured to fuel their demonic prosecution of 'the good guys':

Sarah Palin On [January 6th Proud Boy Riot Planner] Insurrectionists' Prison Time: 'What's The Use In Being A Good Guy?' (yahoo.com)

CNN Poll: Percentage of Republicans who think Biden's 2020 win was illegitimate ticks back up near 70% [August 2023] | CNN Politics

Though it would be pretty funny if they impeached him for prosecuting Trump....

By filing transparently partisan articles of impeachment without evidence, [they] hope to lead more and more voters to say in the future, "They all do it."

The less obvious reason House Republicans want to impeach Biden | The Hill

On whether the "GOP should still impeach Biden even if no evidence is found," [...] 63 percent of Trump voters and 4 percent of Biden voters [said yes]

Americans split along party lines on impeachment: survey | The Hill

The 38 percent of Americans who believe Biden did something illegal is actually similar to what was seen in early polls on the Ukraine scandal that touched off Trump's first impeachment. [...]

[... poll] early this [August] showed Americans split on a potential Biden inquiry, with 39 percent in favor and 38 percent against.

How Americans view potential Biden impeachment inquiry - The Washington Post

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 12 September 2023 - 07:46 PM

#13795 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 September 2023 - 10:48 AM

You stay classy LB. :rolleyes:

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert groped ‘Beetlejuice’ date in heavy-petting session before getting tossed out; blames behaviour on divorce
A US congresswoman has been caught on camera in a hot and heavy grope session before being kicked out of a theatre for vaping.

https://www.news.com...3b4546109e99a26
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#13796 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 16 September 2023 - 12:05 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 16 September 2023 - 10:48 AM, said:

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert groped 'Beetlejuice' date in heavy-petting session before getting tossed out; blames behaviour on divorce
A US congresswoman has been caught on camera in a hot and heavy grope session before being kicked out of a theatre for vaping.

Family values conservative goes to what's was supposed to be a 'family-friendly' all-ages show... and gets started on starting another family? Seems only natural.

Kept vaping even after the pregnant woman sitting behind her asked her to stop. (Boebert turned around and called her 'a sad and miserable person'. Woman behind her in the video looks pretty obviously pregnant.)

'FREEEEEEEEEDUUUUHHMMMBmmmMMMmm!'

'Oh you're pregnant are you? Do you also want me to stop driving my monster truck indoors?' As a good Christian she later lied about vaping (perhaps because it's illegal in public indoor spaces---not just in Denver, but all of Colorado), which led to the theater releasing the surveillance video footage which revealed the groping... lol.

Well, I guess she's a Trump Christian. Like Jerry Falwell Jr....

The only thing that seems truly incongruous is the lack of any guns in the story... she's the gun nut whose main qualification for running for Congress was owning a gun restaurant where iirc all the waiters were wearing guns. (They should have let the customers order with guns too....)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 16 September 2023 - 12:35 PM

#13797 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

Posted 16 September 2023 - 01:46 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 16 September 2023 - 12:05 PM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 16 September 2023 - 10:48 AM, said:

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert groped 'Beetlejuice' date in heavy-petting session before getting tossed out; blames behaviour on divorce

Family values conservative goes to what's was supposed to be a 'family-friendly' all-ages show... and gets started on starting another family? Seems only natural.

Kept vaping even after the pregnant woman sitting behind her asked her to stop. (Boebert turned around and called her 'a sad and miserable person'. Woman behind her in the video looks pretty obviously pregnant.)

'FREEEEEEEEEDUUUUHHMMMBmmmMMMmm!'

'Oh you're pregnant are you? Do you also want me to stop driving my monster truck indoors?' As a good Christian she later lied about vaping (perhaps because it's illegal in public indoor spaces---not just in Denver, but all of Colorado), which led to the theater releasing the surveillance video footage which revealed the groping... lol.

Well, I guess she's a Trump Christian. Like Jerry Falwell Jr....

The only thing that seems truly incongruous is the lack of any guns in the story... she's the gun nut whose main qualification for running for Congress was owning a gun restaurant where iirc all the waiters were wearing guns. (They should have let the customers order with guns too....)

I kind of wonder what she was vaping.

#13798 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 September 2023 - 03:56 PM

Can't believe she was giving him an HJ while he was giving her a BF in public, let alone V-ing in front of a P woman. No wonder security had to E them from the B. And this is the party of FVs?!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#13799 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 September 2023 - 04:33 PM

Ikr?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#13800 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 September 2023 - 12:56 PM

View Postworry, on 16 September 2023 - 03:56 PM, said:

Can't believe she was giving him an HJ while he was giving her a BF in public, let alone V-ing in front of a P woman. No wonder security had to E them from the B. And this is the party of FVs?!

AA includes spermatazoa....

Headline: 'A neuroscientist explains why stupidity is an existential threat to America'

Photo: Lauren Boebert

A neuroscientist explains why stupidity is an existential threat to America (msn.com)

Trump: 'Cognitively Impaired' Biden May Cause 'World War II'

[...] "As you know, crooked Joe Biden and the radical left thugs have weaponized law enforcement to arrest their leading political opponent, and leading by a lot, including Obama—I'll tell you what,"

Trump: 'Cognitively Impaired' Biden May Cause 'World War II' (thedailybeast.com)

He's going to go back in time to become baby Hitler.

Pretty sure that if Obama were presented as an option he'd be leading Trump... he'd definitely be leading Biden.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 17 September 2023 - 12:58 PM

Share this topic:

• 721 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

107 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 107 guests, 0 anonymous users