#11621 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:43 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 November 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostTerez, on 04 November 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

Fox News called AZ for Biden many hours ago, I think around midnight. AP followed them a couple of hours later. No one else has called AZ for Biden that I am aware of.

Ah, it must be the AP report that I saw. I missed that Fox was calling it....also Fox called it for Biden? Really?

View PostAptorian, on 04 November 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 04 November 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

So do we talk about that speech overnight where Trump DEMANDED that vote counting be stopped in states in which he is in front, and continue in states in which he is behind?

Or is this kind of bullshit just par for the course of the terrible reality we've found ourselves in for the past 5 years?

I expect him to say this kind of stuff and much, much worse things even if he wins and definitely if he loses.

I saw many people say that while they expected it or something like it...that to actually hear him say it out loud was bone chilling.

Google is using AP results, and they called AZ around 11 PM last night (EST)

EDIT: as long as Michigan and Wisconsin get called today, I'll feel all right about all this.

sucks about the Congress elections, though- those aren't going too well, it seems.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 04 November 2020 - 02:45 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#11622 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:44 PM

man 15 users in thread. I think thats the most I've seen in the discussion forums at one time in quite a while.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#11623 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

Seriously though, if Biden wins but doesn't get the Senate he's pretty limited in what he can do unless he uses Trump maneouvers?

And I'd hazard a guess that newly elected republicans are going to be pretty rabid too...
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#11624 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

sounds like PA is about 500k vote difference with trump up right now.

There are apparently about 25% of the total vote numbers left to count, which would be 1.25million votes, which are primarily mail votes, and primarily from Delaware county, which should skew it heavy Dem. Those votes would have to be 3:1 for Biden though for it to carry the state.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#11625 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:51 PM

View PostCyphon, on 04 November 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

Seriously though, if Biden wins but doesn't get the Senate he's pretty limited in what he can do unless he uses Trump maneouvers?

And I'd hazard a guess that newly elected republicans are going to be pretty rabid too...

Dems would regain control of things like the postal service and justice department and a lot of the bodies that the president is the executive for.

But yes, its hard to get laws passed when the turtle in the senate's only job is to make sure no laws get passed.

I believe the 2022 election has a better chance of the dems taking the senate than 2020 did, but Dem turnout in off-presidential years is almost always low.

#11626 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:55 PM

Kornacki just reported that we're expecting another report from AZ in about 10 hours. I was wondering about that.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#11627 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:56 PM

Step 1: throw every trump executive order in the trash. Reset most things to 2016. Seems like a step back to just rest but it has to be done

Step 2: with or without congress just having someone sane in office saying the right message and listening to the apolitical federal appointees on how to tackle covid and speaking to governors will be a huge improvement. We don’t need the senate to pass a law on a masks just a Sane and consistent message on covid will be a huge step up.

I guess we don’t know yet, need time for more analyses but I’m genuinely curious why the race is as tight as it is. Did the massive increase in dem voter turnout not materialize? How many ballots have had to be thrown out because they were mailed incorrectly or other issues. What’s scary for me is trump is a disaster without covid, with it he a disaster of biblical proportions and he is still competitive? Minus covid what does this actually mean going forward? Next election with a different republican what will happen?

This post has been edited by Cause: 04 November 2020 - 02:59 PM

#11628 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:13 PM

If Biden wins, get the new AG in and send Trump and Barr both to prison.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11629 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 November 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

Trump'll pardon Barr and Pence and then resign so Pence can Pardon him, I'm sure, unless he has to be dragged kicking and crying out of the white house, which would be great TV.

It'll be up to the states to go after them, and while Trump has a bunch of tax shit in NY he's going to be destroyed over, I'm not sure Barr and Pence do.

#11630 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:29 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 November 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Trump'll pardon Barr and Pence and then resign so Pence can Pardon him, I'm sure, unless he has to be dragged kicking and crying out of the white house, which would be great TV.

It'll be up to the states to go after them, and while Trump has a bunch of tax shit in NY he's going to be destroyed over, I'm not sure Barr and Pence do.

Fair point. I hope not, but you're probably right.

Barr is just scum and deserves to go down for not just Trump, but shit he pulled in the 80's.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11631 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:35 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 November 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 04 November 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Fair point. I hope not, but you're probably right.

Barr is just scum and deserves to go down for not just Trump, but shit he pulled in the 80's.

Trump is exactly who everyone thought he was, and the long time 'behind the scenes' power guys used him to do what they wanted, and attract all the ire, and when he loses they'll toss him away. Edit- its the same reason they like McConnell so much. He's in probably the safest GOP seat in the country, and he can collect all the ire and not have to worry about re-election bids or anything. Remember that it would have taken 3 GOP senators to break with the party and get a different Leader, possibly one that would have actually called votes on bills and stuff. He is their lightning rod, but they are all to blame.

The question is how they are going to grab the QAnon supporters, and keep all that running, because those people will not come back from that disinformation. Will those people fade away like the tea party, or strike out on their own against the 'pedophiles, but not the ones we like'?

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 04 November 2020 - 03:37 PM

#11632 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:56 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 November 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

sounds like PA is about 500k vote difference with trump up right now.

There are apparently about 25% of the total vote numbers left to count, which would be 1.25million votes, which are primarily mail votes, and primarily from Delaware county, which should skew it heavy Dem. Those votes would have to be 3:1 for Biden though for it to carry the state.

'There are 1.4 million mail ballots that were cast as of Election Day but not yet counted as of early Wednesday morning, according to the Pennsylvania Department of State. Of the mail ballots counted so far, 77% were votes for Biden, according to official counts, and 22% for Trump.

If that pace continues — and be clear, that’s a significant if — Biden would have a roughly 787,000 vote edge in those ballots. That would be enough to overcome Trump’s roughly 650,000 advantage so far.'

https://www.inquirer...t-20201104.html

#11633 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2020 - 03:59 PM

Why does pardon power exist? It actually seems very royal to me. I don’t think the president of South Africa can pardon people. Not sure how many countries have presidential pardon power.

Also Mathew cawthorne won his race in NC. Not sure if it’s true but I have seen some signs that they guy is a full blown white supremacist

#11634 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:04 PM

If you mean Madison Cawthorn, then yes, he won and is very much a white nationalist, just like ol Daddy Trump.

#11635 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 November 2020 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostTerez, on 04 November 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

Fox News called AZ for Biden many hours ago, I think around midnight. AP followed them a couple of hours later. No one else has called AZ for Biden that I am aware of.

Ah, it must be the AP report that I saw. I missed that Fox was calling it....also Fox called it for Biden? Really?

View PostAptorian, on 04 November 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 04 November 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

So do we talk about that speech overnight where Trump DEMANDED that vote counting be stopped in states in which he is in front, and continue in states in which he is behind?

Or is this kind of bullshit just par for the course of the terrible reality we've found ourselves in for the past 5 years?

I expect him to say this kind of stuff and much, much worse things even if he wins and definitely if he loses.

I saw many people say that while they expected it or something like it...that to actually hear him say it out loud was bone chilling.

Last night, Fox News and the New York Times had dueling needle meters. Fox was heavily favoring Biden, NYT was favoring Trump. NYT staffer speculated their model was more sophisticated, differentiating between mail-in and in-person election day voting, while Fox was using something closer to their 2016 model. Don't know if they had any evidence.

'Fox News' Arizona Call Drove Fox News Crazy

The network's Trump boosters couldn't believe what their own decision desk was telling them.'

https://slate.com/ne...call-trump.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 04 November 2020 - 04:11 PM

#11636 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:32 PM

I’m not the maths guy but Wisconsin and Michigan are looking like a lock. Than if Nevada holds blue it’s a Biden victory.

Please god

#11637 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:44 PM

View PostObdigore, on 04 November 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

If you mean Madison Cawthorn, then yes, he won and is very much a white nationalist, just like ol Daddy Trump.

Isn't that the guy who after winning last night tweeted "Cry more Libs"?

Yeah, he's a fucking shitstain Trump bully.

EDIT: Also, how is it that some of these people feel so comfortable basically abandoning the notion that they are elected as leaders for the ENTIRE public of their constituency? They act like they only give a shit about the people who voted them in. We had the same thing happen with Doug Ford, he all but said he only cared about the people who vote him in...the rest of us can hang apparently...that shit should be disqualifying in my mind.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 November 2020 - 04:47 PM

#11638 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:51 PM

Republican and QAnon supporter Lauren Boebert wins House race in Colorado

They are all over the place. She definitely has the Sarah Palin stylist working her look. She owns a restaurant/bar and flouted lock down orders back in April and May. Big selling point of her establishment is being served shitty bar food by a hot gal with a gun and holster on her hip. Yeah, you can open carry your small dick compensation pew pew pew tool in her business. I wonder if she will introduce herself to "The Squad"?

Also saw that QAnon wackadoodle in Georgia won.

#11639 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 November 2020 - 05:01 PM

Donna Shalala going down in flames means that the Pelosi model isn't really connecting to people. Katie Porter romped to a big win in a Republican district - I speculate because she's got so many clips of her tearing people to pieces in hearings. She's doing the work and she's fighting for her people. That connects to people.

AOC, Ilhan Omar, Cori Bush getting it done also shows that they're electable and their work is getting seen.

Really done with the Pelosi and Schumer strategy (McGrath lost big to McConnell in Kentucky and had tons and tons of money funneled to her when let's say Greenfield could have used it better vs Ernst).

I also don't think Doug Jones was the right pick to run for that seat. He wasn't seen as someone who did shit.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#11640 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 04 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

Wisconsin!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users