• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The USA Politics Thread

#11281 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 October 2020 - 11:43 AM

Stephen Miller has it. For those of you playing along that's 29 people. Iv'e heard that this means that the WH outbreak is more people than like 3 other whole countries with millions of people.

Scaramucci also says that Hope Hicks was not the first (he's friends with her), she's being the "fall guy" but that it was Trump himself who infected everyone.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11282 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:31 PM

The virus is coming from within the house.

Also you'd think Stephen Miller would be immune to all mortal ailments except perhaps herpes.

#11283 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:13 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 October 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

The virus is coming from within the house.

Also you'd think Stephen Miller would be immune to all mortal ailments except perhaps herpes.

Nazi's get sick too.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#11284 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:44 PM

And Miller's POS wife Katie is trying to shame Kamala out of wanting extra plexiglass-glass between her and Pence for the debate.

These people are fucking EV-IL.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#11285 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 07 October 2020 - 02:47 PM

The thing is that we now know it's an aerosol type deal, so the two bits of plexiglass won't matter as much as some very careful ventilation analysis and air filtering.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#11286 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:05 PM

Yeah even Pences team said something like, if Kamala insists plexiglass makes her feel safer we will allow it.

The president literally had covid, just days after his debate with pence and they act like trying to make sure the VP and the potential next president andVP don’t all end up with covid at once is being hydterica

#11287 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:07 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 October 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

Stephen Miller has it. For those of you playing along that's 29 people. Iv'e heard that this means that the WH outbreak is more people than like 3 other whole countries with millions of people.

Scaramucci also says that Hope Hicks was not the first (he's friends with her), she's being the "fall guy" but that it was Trump himself who infected everyone.

I heard that Stephen Miller temperature is up to 35 degrees.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#11288 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

Fahrenheit

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#11289 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:06 PM

Honestly why not just put them in separate room? The rules are supposed to be that they let each other speak, so it seems like a no brainer to just have them in separate rooms and broadcast them side by side and allow them to hear each other and the moderator...

#11290 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:10 PM

For the third Nixon-Kennedy presidential debate in 1960, Nixon was in Los Angeles and JFK was in NYC.

In 1967, Governor Reagan and Senator Robert Kennedy had a televised debate about the Vietnam war; Reagan was in Sacramento, and RFK was in DC.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#11291 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

You're all speaking sensible things and I'm just sitting over here thinking "Why would sensible people keep caving into the demands of these crooks? Lives are on the line here."

#11292 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 October 2020 - 04:56 PM

It is because sensible people are willing to compromise.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#11293 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:44 PM

If trump loses what the hell is he gonna try and do in the final 2 months of his presidency.

He can resign to let pence pardon him or he may go bonkers and executive order all sorts of insane stuff?

#11294 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:48 PM

As much damage as possible to the structure of the republic as to delegitimize it further so that any actions taken towards him are seen as corrupt. (This honestly seems like a general tactic the Republicans use to reinforce their message on small government. Self-fulfilling prophecy.)

Profit as much as possible.

Watch it burn down.

If it comes to pass that he loses there will be a stark need to keep a laser like focus on what is happening to ensure the above does not take place.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 07 October 2020 - 05:49 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#11295 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:49 PM

The stimulus thing is literally a threat.

Trump and McConnell are like "Vote for Trump, or we're going to make your lives during a pandemic infinitely worse during those three months by stopping any more stimulus"

I think a Trump Lame Duck period is going to be GOP and Trump full-tilt scorched earth (moreso than they already are). They will burn the whole thing down as much as they can before Biden takes over...so they can point at him and blame him/the Democrats instead.

#11296 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

I've thought of scenarios of what Trump will try to do in those two months if he emphatically loses (has to be emphatic, else we're fucked). When I think about it too much, I don't sleep well.

#11297 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:15 PM

View PostCause, on 07 October 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

If trump loses what the hell is he gonna try and do in the final 2 months of his presidency.

He can resign to let pence pardon him or he may go bonkers and executive order all sorts of insane stuff?

You can't be pardoned in advance. Trump isn't charged or convicted of anything. Yet.

#11298 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:18 PM

View PostAptorian, on 07 October 2020 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 07 October 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

You can't be pardoned in advance. Trump isn't charged or convicted of anything. Yet.

The Supreme Court has already ruled that you can be preemptively pardoned for crimes you have committed but not been charged for or convicted of.

https://www.washingt...2adf_story.html

#11299 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:28 PM

More importantly, the president cannot pardon state level offenses.

However, there is a 'double jeopardy' argument for crimes that are both state and federal offenses. The Supreme Court decided that 'double jeopardy' does not apply, but a Trump friendly Supreme Court could reverse that, and potentially allow him to pardon himself for any state level offense that could plausibly be construed as a federal offense. Or really the Supreme Court could do whatever it wants.

https://thebulwark.c...news-for-trump/

'Any fiscal stimulus passed now will help the president the most in 2021. If Trump and McConnell know that Biden will be the president then, they have less of an incentive to attempt to rescue the U.S. economy. Instead, polarization has left them with one overarching lesson: If they know they are on the way out, best to salt the earth.'

https://www.washingt...rn-it-all-down/

If Trump loses by a wide margin and the Republican establishment / Supreme Court / enough of the military do not appear willing to support his refusal to concede, during the lame duck session he will almost certainly leave the country, and stay in locations he believes are secure from US extradition.

He will proclaim himself the legitimate ruler of the US and pretend to run a 'shadow government'.

Perhaps he'll become like the next Osama Bin Laden for the US military---Seal Team: Trump Hunters....

Hopefully he hasn't managed to replace the people in charge of launching nuclear weapons with loyalists willing to murder millions of people and endanger the nation by threatening to nuke parts of the US.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 October 2020 - 06:29 PM

#11300 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 07 October 2020 - 10:04 PM

View PostGorefest, on 07 October 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

It is because sensible people are willing to compromise.

What's compromise to these ghouls?

Share this topic:

• 706 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users