• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#61 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

So I've heard that the official launch in the EU zone is in 22 Dec *grumble grumble* If I still can't get it (there are rumors that around here it will only be available in 2012 -our on-line stores say 22.03.2012- which is bull) then I'll just order if from amazon.de (and pray to god the germans don't have a censored version or some other messed up thing) but even then it'll take them a week or two to get it here. *grumble grumble*
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#62 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

View PostGarak, on 20 December 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

So I've heard that the official launch in the EU zone is in 22 Dec *grumble grumble* If I still can't get it (there are rumors that around here it will only be available in 2012 -our on-line stores say 22.03.2012- which is bull) then I'll just order if from amazon.de (and pray to god the germans don't have a censored version or some other messed up thing) but even then it'll take them a week or two to get it here. *grumble grumble*

I'd do some googling before ordering it from Germany. Never know what kind of strange censorship decisions they might have implemented.

You really can't get the game straight through Origin?

#63 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

I think he is trying to get a physical edition instead of a digital copy.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#64 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

No no, I've been trying to get a digital copy 'cause I want to play the game now and not in a week or however long it would take them to ship it over here. Origin keeps telling me the item is unavailable. Damn it EA I want to give you money and you won't let me ... sigh.

Edit:

In Europe, Star Wars: The Old Republic is available for purchase in the following countries:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Russia (Standard Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition only. NOTE: Digital Deluxe Edition is only available via Origin.com.)
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom

Notice that Romania is nowhere in that list. Bloody great. Looks like I'm ordering this from Amazon in the end. Damn it!

This post has been edited by Garak: 20 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

#65 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

I'm hearing bad things from people about their dealings with Origin, lots of screwed up orders etc. I don't know if these are indicative of the main or just exceptional, but caveat emptor anyway.

I'll be playing it since I'm a bit of a SW fan. I just have to get Lucifer's Heaven to build me a decent new computer first.

I'd offer him sexual favours but I can't compete with Shiara's sweet booty. ;)

This post has been edited by Sombra: 20 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#66 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Actually, I checked Origin earlier and its not available here in Denmark either. I suspect that they have simply clamped down on the preorders as of now and untill the release date, which is the 22nd right?

It's probably because of the problems they've been having with the servers and the strain of all the new people logging on. They'll probably become available again in a few days.

#67 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Eh, I've ordered it from amazon in the end. Now all I have to do is wait. Thank Hood for Skyrim or my sanity would have been in danger.

#68 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

To all people still waiting to play, I'd like to direct you to NIMAN SERVER for when the time comes to choose.

I mean...you don't have to, of course, but it would be cool to play together in our own guild, would it not?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#69 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:10 AM

Oh man, I really might work on playing this. I'm gonna have SO MUCH FREE TIME next semester.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#70 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

I've planted my character in a cantina so that when I get back from christmas holiday on the 26th I'll have lots and lots of goodie rest xp ;)

Still, come play on Red Eclipse server Posted Image
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#71 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

View PostSombra, on 20 December 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

I'm hearing bad things from people about their dealings with Origin, lots of screwed up orders etc. I don't know if these are indicative of the main or just exceptional, but caveat emptor anyway.

I'll be playing it since I'm a bit of a SW fan. I just have to get Lucifer's Heaven to build me a decent new computer first.

Thanks for the offer, but... well you're right, you can't :D
And I think I'll go start looking at parts and stuff now :p
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#72 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

View PostLucifer, on 22 December 2011 - 05:22 AM, said:

View PostSombra, on 20 December 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

And I think I'll go start looking at parts and stuff now :D

You still talking about Shiaras Booty? :p

No seriously, TOR.

Awesome. I'm actually really loving the space combat. Its a lot like Starfox with a Star Wars setting, and functions as a minigame you don't even really need to play, although the xp for 3-6 minute missions are nice.

Hopefully they allow for ship cosmetic changes in the future.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#73 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

I actually really want to play this but I have such a big back catalogue of games I haven't played that I can't justify to myself disappearing into The Old Republic for several months. I am certain that if I start playing it I will do what I did with WOW that being starting a character of every race and class and levelling them up 20 or so levels just to see what they are about.

#74 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

View PostAptorius, on 22 December 2011 - 06:45 AM, said:

I actually really want to play this but I have such a big back catalogue of games I haven't played that I can't justify to myself disappearing into The Old Republic for several months. I am certain that if I start playing it I will do what I did with WOW that being starting a character of every race and class and levelling them up 20 or so levels just to see what they are about.

No, the characters actually have a story. You will level each one up to 50 (max level) if you love good stories ;)

I have an EEEEVIL sith warrior right now.

#75 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

View PostDusty Gillie Suit, on 22 December 2011 - 06:25 AM, said:

Awesome. I'm actually really loving the space combat. Its a lot like Starfox with a Star Wars setting, and functions as a minigame you don't even really need to play, although the xp for 3-6 minute missions are nice.

Hopefully they allow for ship cosmetic changes in the future.

What server are you on?

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#76 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Darth Bandon.

#77 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Pfffffff.

#78 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yea. East Coast - US ;)

#79 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Well this is shit. Early game access has ended now the game has been released but I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE FUCKING GAME YET so I have no registration code so I CAN'T FUCKING PLAY. Sweet Jesus, this is annoying. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 22 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

#80 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

Yeah EA's distribution sucks hard. Amazon predicts my copy will arrive on the 30th. Hurra .... just in time to miss my week off from work.

Btw how's the game running? The TOR forums are pretty full of whining (though the one about the lenght of log-in times is silly since the must be A LOT of people zerg rushing the servers right now).

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users