• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#21 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

All this hate on terribly hilarious script/romance options from an angry chicken that broke his pecker?

Anyone else see the irony?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#22 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Shit, you're right. We need MORE Stockholm Syndrome and prostituting yourself!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#23 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Obviously!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#24 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'd complain more, but if I recall the wookiepedia article on Twi'leks actually says that many twi'lek parents think that getting their kids into slavery is a good thing.
So probably worth taking your rage out on the people who decided it was right to make an apparently intelligent alien race have societal expectations that probably equate to trying to teach their children that stockholme syndrome is love.

There were some times when I really thought their idea of a light side choice was...questionable.

Lusipher, right back at ya :p
I can see the issue with making your own story in a game like this. But I never really found myself overly able to do so in other MMOs anyway. And I'd much rather a pre-done fully voiced story than no voice acting at all.
So we'll have to wait and see how GW2 and SW do with their apparently interesting quest/story stuff, may end up the best of both worlds (as they're both fully voiced).

The speeder bike thing was what really shat me in Dromund Kaas. The way there was a split between the speeder points that led to the top of the city and the points that led everywhere else. It just felt like more unnecesary running.
It's okay, I have sprint now with both my characters, so I won't need to not have it again. Still think it should have just been the default speed.

Obdi - Yeah Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World are the two MMOs I'm most keen to check out.
Taking public quests to the extreme is correct, but I dunno about the weapons getting better with use. I do believe both are controlled more like third person shooters than standard MMOs. And in...I think Guild Wars everyone gets a dodge button, allowing you to roll out of the way to avoid attacks.
The power interactions sound like they could improve the team work aspect of partying too.
And Secret World has a levelless and classless system that sounds interesting and fun ;)
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#25 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

DOWNLOADING!

Early game access next week!

!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#26 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

Have it DLed. Hoping to get my early game invite tomorrow as they said most of Nov would get in and I believe I pre-ordered right after thanksgiving.

#27 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:41 AM

Anyone on Niman PvP server (Europe)? I'm generally playing as Sith but I have a republic character too, so as long as you're on the server, it doesn't bother me.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#28 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

I've preordered it now and should get access soon. Dunno if I want to be on a pvp server though, not a big fan of ganking or being ganked.

But.... I'll give you a holler when I arrive. Niman PvP for a malazan guild?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#29 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

Sounds good. As I said before, I did start The Crimson Guard but it never got transferred. Once we have enough people, I can go and try to start up that, if the name's still available...?

I've seen a guild called Bridgeburners, but I don't know who runs it.

#30 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

We're making it Sith, right?

Right?
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#31 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Preferably, yeah.

EDIT: I'll go and see if I can reserve the guild name in a moment.

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 15 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

#32 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Right, we need 5000 credits and a group of four of us, then we can speak to a Guild Registrar to create a guild. Only problem is that I can't find a guild registrar anywhere. D:

EDIT: Found him. We just need four of us—Gothos and I make two already...

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 15 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

#33 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

BY THE WAY (3rd post in a row D:) I'm playing a bounty hunter called Yedan, for anyone who wants to find me.

#34 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

How come you're already in-game? Isn't the early start tomorrow?

#35 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

No, it started on 13th but it depends on when you preordered, i think. I believe the later you preordered, the later you get your early access.

#36 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Sorry guys, I'm with my old SWG and playing on the Republic side :p
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#37 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hey, we should see if we can ally ourselves with the Bridgeburners, as well, whoever they are. That would be cool.

#38 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access
Color Stone (Virtual Item) DOWNLOAD GAME CLIENT
You can now download the game client and gain early access to the game.

Don’t play solo! Tell your friends you've pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic on Facebook or Twitter!

FUCK YEAH!
Trying to log in on Niman now. Position in queu = 353. Purblood Sith Inquisitor incoming.

#39 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

what's your name? I'll see if i can get to korriban on yedan and find you. (I also have a level 10 inquisitor—Iskaral, of course.)

EDIT: The colour stone's shite.

This post has been edited by Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast: 16 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

#40 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

There was a dude going by the name of Anomandaris today who were asking for help with a mission. Surely he should be capable of handling anything the Star Wars universe could possibly throw at him. There were others who agreed...

I'm on The Red Eclipse server
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users