• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO clan?

#41 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

Primateus, move over to Niben this instant.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#42 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

I cannae do that, Red Eclipse is where my guild was assigned to.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#43 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

LET DOWN!
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#44 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 17 December 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

I cannae do that, Red Eclipse is where my guild was assigned to.

I call bullshit!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#45 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Going to buy this one soon - maybe this week, I'm not sure yet. Got a question thought: I noticed that the digital version can only be bought via Origin (EA's version of Steam I guess). Fair enough but do I need to keep that program installed after I got TOR (as is the case with Steam which I can't uninstall and still play the games I bought)? I'm asking 'cause I hate having random software installed and running - and I'd rather download the game then wait till I can find a hard copy around here.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#46 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Erm. As far as I was aware, you just buy the game and install it and it's kind of its own thing. I don't remember installing anything else from Origin.

But more importantly, you need to play a sith character on Niman PvP server.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#47 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Well the characters I plan on playing are Republic Trooper, Sith Inquisitor, Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter (in no particular order). Since I've only played the TOR Beta and a few trials in other MMOs (WoW, LotR, Eve, Warhammer) how dangerous is a PvP server? And by that I mean how high are the chances I'm going to get blindsided and FUBAR while trying to just go about my business and see to my quests (I've stuck to PvE servers so far)?

#48 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Seems fine so far; it appears that they keep Empire and Republic questing separate, probably until higher levels. I've not come across any Republic players yet. You won't have any problems. I've always stuck to PvE servers but I thought PvP would make a fun change.

Hopefully, if enough of us play on the server, we'll start a guild.

#49 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

You don't need origin to play it at all. Once you buy it through origin, you download an installer that installs a launcher. Like pretty much any MMO, you just play the game by running that launcher directly. No need to start origin up.

And yes, I know this because I bought it from origin and had similar fears :p
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#50 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Yeah Origin leaves you well enough alone, it's fine.

Oh and also: my Inquisitor on Niman PvP is named Glokta.

#51 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

Someone on Legions of Lettow? Republic? Im looking for guild, because my friends left it for less populated servers...and I wont make again 12 levels of Gunslighter.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#52 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Roll Sith on Niman, like, nao.

This post has been edited by Gothos: 18 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

#53 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

What he said. Do it.

#54 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

Level 24 now and really liking the game. Tanked a few flashpoints, pushed the story forward a bit...
I like how each class has their own personal main storyline and exclusive areas, as well as conversation options, decisions, companions and stuff - fleshes out your character a lot more than in other MMOs. It almost feels like an MMORPG.

It also makes me burn with nostalgia for KotOR2 :]

#55 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:47 AM

Anyone got any idea why when I try to add TOR to my shopping cart I get this:
The following products are restricted and cannot be added to your cart

What the hell? What am I missing here?

#56 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

Are you trying to add a special edition or a physical copy?

I don't think they are selling any more physical copies of the game until after the 20th.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#57 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Tried both actually.

#58 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Did you try a digital only edition?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#59 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Yeah. I have no idea what's up with that. It's not a big problem since the game comes out tomorrow but I can't wait dammit ;)

#60 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

Umm... I blame the Republic.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users