Malazan Empire: The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread - Malazan Empire

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Collected Steven Erikson Questions & Answers thread see note in first post for explanation Rate Topic: -----

#221 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:04 PM

aye, that's a good question... Will there be a map of the world in one of the books (I assume that you won't include it until all continents will be introduced in the books, like Assail and Korelri)

----------------------------------------
I'm all alone - we're all alone
My future's unknown - our future's unknown
I reach out to the stars out here in my house on Mars
Ayreon - "My House on Mars"
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#222 Guest_Caldazar_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:14 AM

They are reprinting the PB in 2004.

#223 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 04 February 2003 - 01:16 AM

Wasn't me who started that line of thinking. It all started with Rake being the child of mother dark and one of the first dragons. all I'm saying is that it's a bit confusing how people come to be soletakens and D'ivers.
Legalise drugs! And murder!

#224 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 February 2003 - 01:27 PM

Mr. E
will we be seeing Torvald Nom again in the series? He was my favorite charcter in HoC.

Bow before thy master, the warlord of irregulars.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#225 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:46 PM

one more question.

poisons and elder races.

can, in example, a Jaghut (or Icarium, it's b/c of him I started to think about this) be killed by some very strong poisons that attack the neuro system? like, I think, white paralt? or some others?

----------------------------------------
Before Vader, before Maul, before Sidious... there was a Dark Lord of the Sith that cast a shadow of terror and destruction across the galaxy. The ancient forces of the Republic and the Jedi banded together to stop the torrent of the dark side, and bring an end to Gothos' rule.

Crown of the Deck of Dragons

“Niets, grozty, spegrezt “
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#226 Guest_MikeSal222_*

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:16 PM

[This message was edited by MikeSal222 on 04 September 2003 at 02:52 PM.]

#227 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:58 AM

do please elaborate

O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede,
keimentha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi.
Unaligned - Obelisk - Friend of Asterisk.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#228 User is offline   tickhill43 

• Sergeant

Posted 04 July 2003 - 10:09 AM

I love all of your books and my question is will the crusified otataral dragon ever be released? The part of the book where they found it was amazing and I've never been able to get the idea of it getting lose out of my head, even though it has to be unlikely.

#229 Guest__*

Posted 13 February 2004 - 12:18 PM

After a discussion in the Book Review thread. - Is the Reason that there are so many women in positions of power and also in the army because of The Ruler being Female? And although alot of these people were there before Laseen/Surly became Empress could she have been using her high position in the Claw to "influence" decisions. Thanks. Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Masher of the Late HHT - "Grrrrrrr!!! Wash my cup and die evil doer."

"I ain't gettin' on no plane fool!" - BA Barracus

#230 Guest_Tyris_*

Posted 01 November 2003 - 05:43 AM

I am more than likely completely wrong in this assumption, but is Iskarel Pust and Kruppe one in the same?

Or will they ever meet, that would be highly entertaining, better yet they should clash.

#231 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 28 January 2003 - 12:34 PM

*He jumps up and down in a desperate attempt to get attention and succeeds in getting none.* Hey! Don't forget me! Im barely 13 and i've read SE and i understand the plot, i understand the poertry, i understand the philosophy, i write my own stories! WWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

lol. Better to ignore that. It was a fine example of me acting my age, something i try to avoid doing at all times...

Anyway, i just thought of another couple of questions:
1) Are all the ranks in every house constantly full of people we don't know about, or are they just often empty?
2) How powerful would you say Karsa is compared to some of the other powerful chars (i.e. Rake, Brood, Paran, Gothos)? Its jus that there is a debate going around the HoC forum over whether Karsa is too powerful...

thanks again

----------------------------------------------
How many times, dear traveller, will you walk the same paths?

#232 Guest_MikeSal222_*

Posted 04 September 2003 - 06:55 PM

Mr. Erikson:

Now that Midnight Tides has been pushed back to March 2004, when do you foresee The Bonehunters being published?

You said that you might take a break and work on the Malazan Encyclopedia next. Does this mean The Bonehunters will be pushed back until 2006? Or is there a possibility of both the Encyclopedia and The Bonehunters being published in the same year? I realize you can't narrow it down to an exact month at this point, but perhaps you have a general idea of when it might be published. Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work.

[This message was edited by MikeSal222 on 04 September 2003 at 08:43 PM.]

#233 Guest_The Shadowlord_*

Posted 22 February 2003 - 03:09 AM

Aren't the dead meant to be embraced by their God once they die?
Hence why the Imass, when they die, are left simply wandering, because they have no gods...at least until MoI...

Wake him not.

#234 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:30 AM

@ Snake -> Your an Idiot...

@ Astarte -> Actually we met one of Rakes children on Drift Avalli, I think so anyway, the name of some Tiste Kid there I think matches the one Baruks Draconean tree.

#235 User is offline   Lady Atheilen 

• Emerging from the Warrens
  • Interests:Bullshitting (aka grad school), writing, music, theatre, food
  • The forum's original obnoxious baby sister.

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:15 PM

Arggh, I'm sorry, read it wrong.
Oh, btw, I REALLY hope you're not going to actually use the phrase 'four novella trilogy' on the cover of a book. Sorry, but it just doesn't work.
Lol, sorry, couldn't resist. I just couldn't. Forgive me.
On the Draconic family tree...does this include all the characters we know are dragons (Rake, Osric, Andii Soletaken, Silanah) or some others we don't know? Also, is Draconus an Eleint?
Do you actually have the series plotted out? Do you know what your conclusion will be?
Okay, that's all. Again, apologies.

I am the blood of the dragon.

#236 Guest_fortrip_*

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:06 AM

hi mr Erikson,

my question is in regards to publishing. I am an aspiring author and i would like to hear your opinion on the publishing process. My impression of publishing, though i have no experience of it myself, is one of creativity suppresion, and people interested only making as much money as possible in as short a time as possible. could you share with us some of your own experiences both good and bad so that all the aspiring authors on this site can get a better idea of what they are letting themselves in for.

thanks

ps sorry if this is a little incoherant ive just gotten out of bed and im currently nursing a hang over.

Shes been crying
and ive been thinking
and if your the queen of this town
then i am the king of the rain

[This message was edited by Fortrip on 20 July 2003 at 04:28 AM.]

#237 Guest_Bottle_*

Posted 07 June 2003 - 06:27 AM

I thought that Mockra was a warren inaccesible to pure blooded humans but accesible to say half blooded like Barghast etc.. Arthanthos/Tayschreen was able to access the Telas warren only because he was not pure blooded human either right? ( correct me if I am wrong ).

Answer to question 4, from what we know, the Warren Thyr is descended from the breaking up of the Warren Thyrtellann, the Warren of Light and Fire. The Warren Meanas resultant from the Shattered Warren. In HOC, it is already said that nearly all warrens accesible to man are degenerates from more powerful warrens, though Hood as far as we know have always been in existance and never changed.

Hope is the turnip society hangs in front of a hungry donkey.

#238 User is offline   Temul 

• Recruit

Posted 05 March 2004 - 03:28 PM

I was just wondering if we'd see Baudin, Tool or Whiskyjack again. Sorry if this has been asked.

#239 User is offline   Orfantal 

• First Sword

Posted 30 January 2003 - 01:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caladanbrood:
Cos' at Pale, when Tayschrenn was killing of the mages, A'Karonys was engulfed by ice, but Tayschrenn wields Telas...

I thought that at Pale Nightchill was the one who took out A'Karonys - at least unless Dujek was lying....

#240 User is offline   Lady Atheilen 

• Emerging from the Warrens
  • Interests:Bullshitting (aka grad school), writing, music, theatre, food
  • The forum's original obnoxious baby sister.

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:41 PM

Sorry about the delay, guys, but here's more answers from Erikson.

ADMIN EDIT: Added the new replies to first post. Look for PART II.

[This message was edited by Admin on 01 August 2003 at 10:21 PM.]

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users