• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#701 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:15 AM

Ok. I guess I'll go.

Wow, that was really bad. Like terrible bad (not like cool bad).

So, was that like Rick vs. Negan round 4? And I thought a cut throat was a universal signal of imminent death. Well, at least maybe Negan's vocal chords will be damaged enough so he can't continue with his fancy word play. But yeah, at the 12th hour Rick decides to honor Carl's vision. Posted Image

And what about all the other pieces they tied up? Eugene and Rosita, dumb. Daryl and Dwight, even dumber. I'm personally tired of mumble acting Norman Reedus and hope the Daryl character gets killed off next season ASAP. Won't happen though.

Now, since Rick didn't kill Negan, seems like there's going to be a schism in the original group. Maggie, Jesus and Daryl vs. Rick and Michonne. I can see them using up all of next season dragging out how the rest of them choose sides.

Oh, and now Negan will be used as an example (locked up) of how the world can be. So, like a system of justice and punishment? So, the first jail in the post apocalyptic world? Neat!

And Morgan decides to be the lone caretaker of the garbage dump. Telling Jadis (uh Anne? wut?) that Rick welcomes her and wants her to participate in the way things are going to be.

[Edit] Oh, forgot about the Lesbian Seagulls role. They're good at making extra strength molotov cocktails.
And another thing that bugs me. I can't stand it when they try to be all tactical, like when they are in a group, being silent and giving hand signals. It looks like 8 year olds playing G.I. Joe in the woods. It's that bad.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 16 April 2018 - 03:19 AM

#702 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

I'm excited by the approaching horde and the show down between Hilltop and I'm guessing Alexandria? If Maggie is still pregnant they could use it to justify some plot armor...otherwise, I want to see Maggie and Michonne: Thunderdome at the end of the season (providing Lauren stays on the show).
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#703 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

I knew it was bad news as soon as JD Morgan moved from guest star to opening titles last season (or the one before? how long has this been dragged out?).

I didn't hate every little thing, but every moment from "save him" on sucked so much. Rosita and Bar Code Negan giving each other that nod just represents everything dumb about this lousy show. This soap opera stuff at the end, where Maggie is suddenly Stefano DiMera...let's just say I don't think it's gonna make the writing any better.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#704 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:11 PM

That bit where Rick was sat under the stained glass tree after cutting Negan's throat. That should have been the end. For good.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#705 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

You Walking Dead Heads been following the news about TWD lately? Well, looks like you Rick H8'ers wet dream will be made reality. Andrew Lincoln is done after the next season, so, buhbye Tricky Ricky. How you think they gonna do it? I think he's going to accidentally shoot himself when he comes across some Negan hold outs. That or maybe Judith is a little older and Rick is disciplining her and she yells "you're not my dad" and stabs him through the throat with a sharpened stick.

Also, it doesn't look good for the show overall. Seems as if Norman Reedus is negotiating for a huge pay increase. How that is handled can't be overall good for the show.

It's well known that TWD is in the shitter, but I gotta say, the episodes I've watched of FtWD so far this season have been a nice surprise. I think it may be the best season since the first. Definitely better then last season.

#706 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Maggie is leaving as well. She will only be in 6 episodes next season. The whole show needs to die.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#707 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:01 AM

That's the thing. In many ways, the show is already dead, but it just keeps tottering on anyway. Can't think of a good metaphor, but you know what I mean.

#708 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

Well, it's confirmed. Yvette Nicole Brown will be taking over hosting duties of Talking Dead. She's really knowledgeable and so should do fine. You guys gonna watch? I mean, you sort of have to right? Otherwise it will be perceived you're not supporting the #MeToo #Time'sUp movements. I'll be disappointed if I don't see some of you regulars at least sniping from far back in the peanut gallery. Know what I'm sayin' ? Posted Image

#709 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

Well dead heads, looks like AMC is hiring back Chris Hardwick to host Taking Dead. Also they will bring back his Talking With show too (which I'm excited about because I want to see his hour interview with Donald Glover).

Anyway, I'm not surprised AMC made this move based on the number of former girlfriends that came out in strong support for Hardwick. Also, it's kind of a shitty thing to do based on one person's account of how their relationship was. No calls to police for domestic disturbance or criminal charges, and no so called tweeted "jokes" about pedophilia. Just one person's take on her experience in the relationship. Don't read me wrong though, I'm by far a Chris Hardwick fan, I still think he is a phony and is is very protective of his "nerd" image/brand. But to fire him without getting all the facts is really shitty. He is very good at the after show type gig too. I've been watching the "Shark after Dark" talk show for Shark Week and they guy who is doing that sucks at it, big time. So it's not just something easy they can plug any ol' schlub into.

Also, I'm bummed for Yvette Nicole Brown. I really wanted to see how she would do as host. Maybe they could alternate? She is such an uber fan and so knowledgeable, it would have been interesting to see her host. Another idea: have her on more often?

So you reeking geekers gonna watch still? I mean, you kinda have to right? So you're protestations in support of #MeToo and #'Time'sUp have the most accurate information available.

#710 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

It doesn't make much difference to me. I don't watch Talking Dead, I have you guys.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#711 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

I pretty much stopped watching it myself, unless they have someone interesting on. The show has gotten so dumb and never has delivered on any of the clever theories that fans posited (ex. about the helicopter. / ex. missing Heath) that it doesn't really offer much of insight on anything. Just a rehash of the episode and discussion about what it took to do certain scenes... stuff like that. So I would usually DVR it and then either delete it outright or fast forward through a lot of it.

I will be watching when it comes back though (the first episode at least). I want to see how/if any of this stuff with Hardwick's relationship will be addressed. Probably not, I would think, or maybe just the obligatory "thanks for your support" PR type prepared response. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#712 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Wow. Did any you Dead Heads watch the hour long season 9 Walking Dead discussion? It had the same format as Talking Dead and was hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown. On the couch were the new show runner and the actors who play Jesus and King Ezekiel. YNB did a fine job. A little too fan girly for my taste, but still, you can see she would have been a great replacement for Chris Hardwick.

Some things we learned.
- The show is going to 'ship' King Ezekiel and Carol. I guess that will piss off all the Daryl cry babies, as they wanted to see DarylCarol sexy time. Damn, I so want the show to kill off Daryl. Not gonna happen though.

- The time line jumps a year and a half (I think they said). Maggie proved she is part elephant and finally gives birth to a baby boy (named for her father - Hershel).

LINK

#713 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

Enjoyed the beginning. Got annoyed by the covered wagon and the glass floor. Bored by the end, but glad the ended that one plot point. Gave me hope for the season.

#714 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

It was alright. It's setting up the internal conflict that is brewing. I'm sorta bummed that they did tie up that one plot point. I found him to be excellent for comic relief. Boy was he a weasel though and got way too many chances. Not sure if Michonne is ok with how he was dealt with, however (which will probably resurface when the internal conflict flares up).

Did anyone else recognize Vane from Black Sails (woop! woop!)? Looks like he is one of the Saviors who is going to cause problems.

#715 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:36 AM

Mixed bag for me too. I did lol at the zombie chomp/horse kick scene though. I would have loved a big chomp sound effect there, but that's one for the archives. The Carol/Daryl scene was sweet, as is typical. Still the one thing this show consistently gets right somehow. I am glad what I thought was being set up (a longer arc w/ Gregory undermining Maggie & the election) wasn't that. I kinda fear Dark Maggie is gonna get annoying, but we'll see.
Overall, I think theoretically the Return to Oregon Trail take could work in a post-apocalypse setting, in the same way the Western/frontier stuff worked for Firefly, but I fear in execution it's gonna be wagon through mud redux all season.

#716 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

Get the feeling that most here have stopped watching, but thought it was worth it to inform you guys the next 2 episodes will welcome the end for Rick Grimes. The show made sure to advertise that (I guess they need ratings?). So for you long timers or previous viewers who want to see Rick eat it, better tune in next two weeks. Anyway, any guesses on what brings his demise? The way they've set things up -

Rick Grimes is the savior of not only people but also restarting civilization and without him and his wisdom there would be no hope. Except the original Saviors aren't on board and Maggie and Daryl aint down with Rick's new "all life matters" philosophy and instead think that punishment should match the crime (Maggie and Daryl are coming for Negan). And then there is the wildcard (and new info presented about) Jadis/Ann. Is Rick an 'A' or 'B'? (currently doesn't look so good for Father Gabriel).

So maybe Daryl/Maggie are responsible for Ricks downfall because he forbids them to end Negan? Or does Jadis/Ann scoop him up (Rick being an 'A') and purchases her way to helicopter Shangri-La? Or maybe Judith stabs him in the dick for not being her real dad? What do you 'rotters', 'shamblers', 'eaters', and 'wanderers' think?

In any case, I think after the smoke clears, Negan in let out to run things again. Could be wrong, but seems like a viable pivot for the community based on how the narrative has gone.

#717 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:05 AM

I'm all caught up. This season is uhhh...I don't want to say good...but it's consistently taking risks like the show hasn't in forever? And it's not spinning its wheels to get to episode 8 or 16? Like, more feels at risk than just which lousy character gets offed next.

#718 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:26 PM

I stopped after episode of this season. Might watch on Sunday to see Rick's final episode.

#719 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

I'm current with it.

I get the feeling this send of for Rick is going to be one big hand job send off by spending all the hour+ going down memory lane with the character of Rick Grimes.

I have the feeling all this is going to (occur in real tine) as Rick's brain is dying and is beginning the process of turning. With the last shot a close-up of Rick's face as he opens his eyes to reveal he is now a Walker. I'm probably wrong though.

#720 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 05 November 2018 - 03:44 AM

Uhhhh, so another time jump (sheriff Judith running things now) and 'evolving zombies'.... uh, wut??!

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users