• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#681 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Well, it looks like there was no significance to scratching up that zombie's jaw with Lucille the other day, it's just a plan based on blood and guts doing the job generally. Which, to me, goes counter to all the times everyone has been spattered in zombie blood and guts...like I'm sure someone has had a papercut, or shaving nick, or bit their fingernails too close, and not gotten zombified by blood. But whatever.

Other than that, I kinda liked this episode. The actual dialogue wasn't good, per se, but the gists of the conversations were all on point, like things people should have been saying already. Hashing out actual points of view and not just talking around the issues.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#682 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

Is this the beginning of the Negan redemption arc?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#683 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

Yeah, but that Negan / Rick fight though, amiright?

Talk on Talking Dead is that Maggie is swaying towards a Governor way of doing things. I guess Michonne is holding back those impulses. I really enjoy when Trevor Negan gets to do his thing. I'm sorta tired of Original Coke Negan's persona and so called "cool speak" and instead have placed all my cards on Trevor Negan. I'll lose though.

#684 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:53 AM

- Well, biological warfare against The Hilltop goes down, accomplished mostly by arrows. I really don't recall when the show had the scene of the Saviors weaponizing their instruments that there were a lot of arrows being dipped into freshly spilled zombie guts. Seems like that would take a lot of time to do each arrow.

- According to Talking Dead, we're supposed to find out Tara's fate next episode, so they won't drag that out, thankfully. The more of the old guard that is wiped out, the better I say. I think the show could be reinvigorated if there was a whole sale culling of the familiars and replaced by new faces. Tara will probably be okay though because it was Dwight's arrow that hit her.

- The show is worse then Star Wars movies as it relates to the accuracy of the aim of those who shoot guns. Trevor Negan and Dwight lead group right up to windows at Hilltop, and they survive. Yeah right.

- So, Morgan sinking back into crazy Morgan?

- I would not search for little booger eater that let the Survivors out because he wants to kill the one responsible for his brother's death. Screw him.

- The syrupy writing by which the show attempts to emphasize how bad Maggie and Rick want to take out Original Coke Negan is really bad, like baaaaaaaaad, bad. Cringe worthy.

- 3 episodes left this season. Clip of preview next week showed a tied up Original Coke Negan.

#685 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:30 AM

Man that was a bad one.

Though I, personally, love the logic of unlocking a chain link fence so you can shoot someone on the other side.

#686 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:34 AM

It was an extreme case of "object permanence." So that little booger eater had to open the fence to find his brother's killer.

#687 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

Stupid episode on so many levels.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#688 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:55 AM

If shit could shit, it still wouldn't be as shitty as the Walking Dead is now. <<<<<<< see what I did there? Posted Image

Anyway. Dayuuuum. Rick and Morgan did those Saviors dirty. Well I guess mostly Rick did because he promised them. Do you guys get the strong vibes this show is trying to put get across that Rick is just as bad or worse then Orginal Coke Negan and that Orginal Coke Negan is really just a man, with a plan and he has put it into action? In other words, no worse or better then anyone else in the apocalyptic wasteland?

Awww. Carol had her resolve tested again, because that booger eater is so much like her daughter, Sophia. But this time strong Carol prevailed and she saved the little asshole.

I really didn't understand what Jadis was doing with Original Coke Negan. It was confusing and seemed really stupid. I guess one of its main purposes was to humanize Original Coke Negan?

This episode made the whole helicopter thing more mysterious again. At least for me it did. Maybe I missed something? It was lame though.

So, who do you guys think Original Coke Negan picked up on his way back? (you know the: If shit could shit guy?). I'm guessing it's someone who knows that Dwight is a traitor, but I forget who that person is. Do any of you guys remember?

#689 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

What the actual shit?

So... mysterious chopper is mysterious, Jadis is now a normal looking country girl, Negan is prime for Carl's soul redeeming letter, and Rick is going to wipe every Savior off the face of the planet.

Dwight's wife?

Loved Morgan's revenge on long haired savior guy.

#690 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 April 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

So, who do you guys think Original Coke Negan picked up on his way back? (you know the: If shit could shit guy?). I'm guessing it's someone who knows that Dwight is a traitor, but I forget who that person is. Do any of you guys remember?

I hadn't considered it was someone who knows about Dwight until you said it, but it makes sense. I'm guessing its Bar Code Negan (the girl with the bar code tattoo on her neck who seems to maybe have a fascination with Eugene). I think Dwight may have sucker punched or shot her but it was unclear if she was dead, if I recall correctly. Pretty sure she would confirm Dwight's betrayal. Next week's preview showed Negan approaching Dwight with Lucille back up on his shoulder so...

#691 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 02 April 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

What the actual shit?

So... mysterious chopper is mysterious, Jadis is now a normal looking country girl, Negan is prime for Carl's soul redeeming letter, and Rick is going to wipe every Savior off the face of the planet.

I wonder how the letter is going to get into Original Coke Negan's hands? But yeah, his whole soul reveal/pouring out to Jadis about his wife and naming his favorite weapon after her frames his vulnerability in a way that the letter would be the perfect vessel by which Carl's vision could be realized.

View Postparan falcon, on 02 April 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Next week's preview showed Negan approaching Dwight with Lucille back up on his shoulder so...

And he was doing the annoying "NEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAN" whistle. So that is why I thought the "if shit could shit" guy/gal was someone who knows about Dwight. Posted Image

#692 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 02 April 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 02 April 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

I'm guessing its Bar Code Negan (the girl with the bar code tattoo on her neck who seems to maybe have a fascination with Eugene). I think Dwight may have sucker punched or shot her but it was unclear if she was dead, if I recall correctly. Pretty sure she would confirm Dwight's betrayal. Next week's preview showed Negan approaching Dwight with Lucille back up on his shoulder so...

I like that theory.

#693 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

Yah I agree it's that woman who knows about Dwight. She's been off stage a long while but is definitely not dead.

Wow, Rick did the first smart thing he's done since like before the prison story line. I was genuinely surprised, in a good way. Is the show gonna eventually condemn him for it, in the name of Corrrl's dream of peace? Nice Negan sure didn't like it, and the whole thrust of this section seems to be "there's gotta be something after".

My guess re: Jadis & the flare is that they have semi-regular contact with the outside world, who are like "we'll fly out every few months, and if we see a flare, we'll know that you art freaks are finally sick of living in the dump and want to join the rest of us" and she just missed her shot cuz of Negan. She was going to turn in Negan to whatever civilization is still out there.

#694 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:18 AM

- Awww man. No more Trevor Negan. This sucks guys. He was one of the main reasons I still watch TWD. And that scene between him and Gregory at the beginning of the episode was television gold. Some of the best for a couple of seasons at least. Boooooo! we want Trevor Negan!

- Yucky, vomiting up sardine mac & cheese has got to be probably some of the grossest and smelliest vomit the human body can produce. FFS Eugene! Posted Image

- Whelp, the gig is up on Dwight. Kudos goes to Paran Falcon for calling it. Nice work dude!

- So Aaron is hanging around the periphery of the lesbian seagulls to try and get them to join? Uh, what a dumb ass. Looks like it may work though, because of the stirring speech/pep talk.Posted Image

Dear Original Coke Negan,

You're a jerk, you've always been a jerk, and you know what? You probably always will be a jerk! Still, you're a lot cooler then my dad. You might even be cooler then my sister's dad. JK, he was the best! Posted Image

Anyway, I thought maybe I could change your mind with sappy sentiments and stuff with the ultimate goal being you and my dad settling your differences peacefully and starting over as pickle farmers at The Hilltop. But I guess not, because my ghost saw the whole interaction between you and Michonne on the walkie-talkies and you are one pissed off hombre. You really should try to do something about that btw. It causes premature aging and other significant health problems. I recommend seeing a therapist. I know, I know, there's a stigma attached with seeing a therapist. Real men don't see therapists, they swallow their emotion. Just give it a try, what have you to lose?

Anyway, I'll be floating around watching how it all plays out.

Don't hate, instead congratulate and celebrate. Have fun and and smile kay?

Your Pal,
Carl's Ghost

#695 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 April 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

- Awww man. No more Trevor Negan. This sucks guys. He was one of the main reasons I still watch TWD. And that scene between him and Gregory at the beginning of the episode was television gold. Some of the best for a couple of seasons at least. Boooooo! we want Trevor Negan!

- Yucky, vomiting up sardine mac & cheese has got to be probably some of the grossest and smelliest vomit the human body can produce. FFS Eugene! Posted Image

- Whelp, the gig is up on Dwight. Kudos goes to Paran Falcon for calling it. Nice work dude!

- So Aaron is hanging around the periphery of the lesbian seagulls to try and get them to join? Uh, what a dumb ass. Looks like it may work though, because of the stirring speech/pep talk.Posted Image

Dear Original Coke Negan,

You're a jerk, you've always been a jerk, and you know what? You probably always will be a jerk! Still, you're a lot cooler then my dad. You might even be cooler then my sister's dad. JK, he was the best! Posted Image

Anyway, I thought maybe I could change your mind with sappy sentiments and stuff with the ultimate goal being you and my dad settling your differences peacefully and starting over as pickle farmers at The Hilltop. But I guess not, because my ghost saw the whole interaction between you and Michonne on the walkie-talkies and you are one pissed off hombre. You really should try to do something about that btw. It causes premature aging and other significant health problems. I recommend seeing a therapist. I know, I know, there's a stigma attached with seeing a therapist. Real men don't see therapists, they swallow their emotion. Just give it a try, what have you to lose?

Anyway, I'll be floating around watching how it all plays out.

Don't hate, instead congratulate and celebrate. Have fun and and smile kay?

Your Pal,
Carl's Ghost

Uhhh, yeah I don't think I have a whole lot to add.

I guess, what the odds that Eugene is 100% Savior at this point? Is there a creditable chance that he'll sabotage ammo? He looked pretty determined when he got back to the factory.

#696 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 09 April 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Uhhh, yeah I don't think I have a whole lot to add.

I guess, what the odds that Eugene is 100% Savior at this point? Is there a creditable chance that he'll sabotage ammo? He looked pretty determined when he got back to the factory.

I thought about that too. I think you may be onto something about sabotage. But that scene with Rosita and Daryl kind drove home the idea that there really isn't any difference between Rick's group and the Saviors. She told Eugene something to the effect that they were going to keep him locked up in darkness and only use him to extract his knowledge.

BTW. Did any of you guys watch Taking Dead after? The actress that plays Rosita is a smoke show. Hubba hubba. Lets just say she's been endowed with "gifts". Know what I'm sayin' ? Posted ImagePosted Image

#697 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, the look on his face as soon as Rosita said that... especially from his old crush...

#698 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

With the finale this Sunday, followed by the premier of season 4 of Fear the Walking Dead, how do you think they are going to handle the Morgan "crossover"? Do you think the finale brings the death of Morgan? And FtWD picks up some time in his past timeline and gives us some of his story after him and Rick crossed paths in s1 of TWD? Or does Morgan help decimate as much as he can, goes completely batshit crazy and begins a self anointed banishment from society, walking the ruined landscape until sanity slowly creeps back in and he finds himself among the familiar faces from FtWD, concurrent with the timeline of TWD?

Seems like there is going to be some significant goings on with the finale of TWD and the premier FtWD, because on Talking Dead this Sunday both Robert Kirkman and the absolutely sexy, handsome, genius, and all around great guy Scott Gimple will be there for discussion with Chris Hardwick (if I was in the prescence of Gimple, my last name would be 'Harddick', now what I'm sayin'?).

#699 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

Since there is a helicopter, I think Morgan does some damage and then hitches a ride with garbage lady and ends up on Fear.

#700 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 10 April 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Since there is a helicopter, I think Morgan does some damage and then hitches a ride with garbage lady and ends up on Fear.

Damn, I didn't think of that angle. Noice!

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users