Have they left the farm yet?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#622 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

I have not found a single thing compelling about the first 3 episodes and they are losing me quickly. Even my daughter, who is the staunchest lover/defender of TWD, is starting to get pissed about what they are doing to it.

#623 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

Well, on the plus side Gregory did provide some laughs and giggles.

And then widow dumbass goes ahead and lets him in to Hilltop. So you mean to tell me the group used to have a policy of exile (see Carol from a few seasons ago) to now they're all like "oh come on in Gregory", along with a bunch of Saviors that Jesus thinks are worth saving. This is getting stupider and stupider.

Oh and that fight between Jesus and Morgan. That was really lame. So, is Morgan reverting back to his psycho kill machine self from the past? I hope so.

#624 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

At least Xander Berkeley is having tons of fun as Gregory?

I dunno man. The writers seem to think the big question of the show is "Does killing psychopath murderers make YOU a psychopath murderer too?!?!?!"

A question that was settled w/ the Governor, I think, in the negative. No, killing the Governor wasn't a bad idea. No, killing Negan (the man or the collective) isn't a bad idea. No, punching Nazis isn't a bad idea. You aren't "just as bad" for doing any of these.

And it's not even that the show keeps repeating this dumbass theme, it's that it's sooooooooooooooo beyond answered already. Is there a single audience member who sided with Jesus over Tara, let alone Morgan? Btw, making Rick and Morgan the representatives of one side -- even though they've both lost their minds -- kinda tips the hand of the writers, who seem to be siding with Jesus. Even though Carol, Tara, & Darryl are on the opposite end of this argument, and by sheer coincidence I'm sure, remain the only three compelling characters left on the show, they don't get to participate in the debate (I guess Tara does, but is routinely ignored by everyone else -- how does Jesus outrank her with anyone??)
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#625 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

Maybe the show runners / writers are trying to convey an elaborate allegory? "Jesus" saves a group who identifies themselves as "The Saviors". Get it? Aint it so poetic? Posted Image

#626 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 09 November 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Maybe the show runners / writers are trying to convey an elaborate allegory? "Jesus" saves a group who identifies themselves as "The Saviors". Get it? Aint it so poetic? Posted Image

;)

I've found it about as entertaining as the multiple and variable flashbacks in the past few episodes. What, can't make the story compelling enough on its own that you have to artificially build drama by playing with your audience's perspective?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#627 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:48 AM

Well, not much to say about the episode. Jerry was pretty cool. I mean, having a big battle ax like that in the zombie apocalypse is very impractical, but it came into good use in this episode (until he broke it trying to get that gate open, dumbass!). I lol'd when he split that Negan nerd in half with it.

And man, that death at the end was really a punch to the gut. Guys, that hurt me so much. More then Glen even. I guess the CGI budget wasn't big enough to keep in going? Or did that happen in the comics too?

#628 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:31 AM

Yah, that was decent. Good Carol stuff. Good Jerry stuff. The King is being broken down, which is necessary at this point if you're not gonna kill him off outright. Negan Dahmer's jabbering was hella annoying (even if he his jabs at the King hit the bullseye), but his death was cool. And that tragic bit at the end actually did work, surprisingly.

#629 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Confirmed on the Talking Dead after show with guest Robert Kirkman. It does happen in the comic book too. Bummer. The toxic waste zombies were cool though.

Kirkman also said that we will eventually find out what is going on with Oceanside. Meh, I don't know if I really care, tbh. But it can be argued that they are smarter then all the other settlements in Rick's network combined. I suspect some "event" will thrust them back into the mix of things.

What about the garbage goth doofy people? I wonder what they've been up too? Probably something along lines of: "Help beat Rick", "give weapon now", "bargain fulfilled", "we go back to dump now", "we have nothing for trade", "bother no more", "ugga bugga, errk, burp, fart"

#630 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

Easily best episode this season. Although the cheesy m2 hits on Ricks jeep really annoyed me. They talk the Ma Deuce up for 2 episodes and then when they use it to actually shoot up a vehicle we get little CGI sparks?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#631 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:54 AM

Holy shit. Was the helicopter a hallucination by Rick or was that real?

Uh, so "how" Negan was weak is that he didn't put his sick wife down? wut? And also, so he fancies himself some sort of human capital economist? And in taking on that role he justifies killing the right people to save 100s/1,000? Sort of like a floor manager on a manufacturing line, when there is an error or bug, you file a CLCA report and fix it and update the process? wut?

Dumb Rick make dynamite go boom. If Daryl would just brush the hair out of his own damn eyes he probably could see Rick to kick his ass, but with that hair in is eyes, Rick has the advantage. What an idiot.

Once again, Simon is the best thing in any episode he's in. I'd eat his sorghum pancakes anytime.

Uh oh guys. It looks like the garbage pail kids (AKA goth dumpster divers) are back next week.

#632 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

The crossover was reveled tonight on the Talking Dead after show. Morgan from The Walking Dead will appear on Fear the Walking Dead.

#633 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 20 November 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

Uh oh guys. It looks like the garbage pail kids (AKA goth dumpster divers) are back next week.

Stupidest group ever!

I like the Siddiq(?) story line. I'm curious to see where it goes.

#634 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 28 November 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Stupidest group ever!

I like the Siddiq story line too. I'm actually hoping he is a Savior and helps them wipe out Rick's group. Yep, you heard it here. I now want to see the whole of RIck's group; including Hilltop, The Kingdom and whoever else is aligned with him, wiped out. Except Gregory. Gregory is one of my favorite characters. He keeps calling Maggie, Margaret and I believe he just calls Jesus, Jeff or something simple like that.

#635 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Stupidest group ever!

I like the Siddiq story line too. I'm actually hoping he is a Savior and helps them wipe out Rick's group. Yep, you heard it here. I now want to see the whole of RIck's group; including Hilltop, The Kingdom and whoever else is aligned with him, wiped out. Except Gregory. Gregory is one of my favorite characters. He keeps calling Maggie, Margaret and I believe he just calls Jesus, Jeff or something simple like that.

That would be a cool long con if he was.

Did we really need to see Juanita use a rocket launcher to kill a Savior, at close range, inside a building no less? Did Jerry Bruckheimer start producing and directing the show when I wasn't looking?

The whole prisoner side story is interesting. I'm curious to see how far it goes.

#636 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 29 November 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 28 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Stupidest group ever!

That would be a cool long con if he was.

Did we really need to see Juanita use a rocket launcher to kill a Savior, at close range, inside a building no less? Did Jerry Bruckheimer start producing and directing the show when I wasn't looking?

The whole prisoner side story is interesting. I'm curious to see how far it goes.

As absurd as that was, I enjoyed Juanita turning that Savior into red mist with a rocket launcher. It was pretty hilarious.

Seems as if the episode was one where everyone in Rick's group pairs up and goes rogue, to do their own thing (and abandon "the plan"?). Including Rick, cept he didn't go with anyone to the Cartrashians. And, like a dumbass, he ended up naked, locked up in a stinky dumpster. He talks too much (dumb). What does the letter A mean?

Oh and Carol trying to get King Ezekiel to keep playing Renaissance Fair because his people need him to act like a idiot for them to be emboldened to fight. (dumb)

#637 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:56 AM

lol! That dopey leader of the dumpster divers wants to make a naked sculpture of Rick after they do what they plan on doing. She was all like: "after, sculpt you, those off.... ugga-bugga *oink *burp *fart"

Huh, I'll be damned. I guess Father Gabriel is sick from the zombie guts he and Negan used to escape the RV. I was sorta under the impression he had been bitten. But I guess that makes sense, as they showed zombies that where slopping around in toxic waste in an earlier episode.

Hmmm.. seems has if Eugene is full in with Negan's agenda. Or is he? He still seems to struggle making hard decisions and then beats himself up over it later on in his room. His recent turn to heavy drinking may help with that now. Posted Image

I wonder if Morgan dies this season on TWD, and then we see an earlier version of himself on the next season of FTWD.

The pacing of the show is really frustrating. There seems to be segments between commercial breaks where not a whole lot happens.

#638 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

Uh, I'm confused by that ending. When was Carl around zombies where he would have been bitten? I mean I guess that could have happened when he was making his way back to the sewer, but there just didn't seem to be any walkers around during that whole time Negan was destroying Alexandria. Do you think the show is messing with us and Carl is faking it?

So Rick's core (the Alexandrians) are now the sewer people (thanks to Siddiq). They shall rise up like turds from the sewers when the Saviors are most vulnerable. They will bite them on their hairy man balls when they are poopin' on their luxury toilets back at Sanctuary.

So, I'm predicting the next half of this season (when it starts up again in February) will be a long, hand job goodbye to Carl. On the real tip though, it will be sad to see Carl go. The kid has grown up a lot on the show and man, he was there from the 1st season. Everyone go and buy a big can of chocolate pudding and make yourself sick on it one last time for Carl, kay?

#639 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

Looks like the kid who plays him is going to

Spoiler

As far as I can tell, the bite happened when he and Siddiq killed some zombies "for your mother" in that previous episode.

#640 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

View Postworry, on 11 December 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Looks like the kid who plays him is going to

Spoiler

As far as I can tell, the bite happened when he and Siddiq killed some zombies "for your mother" in that previous episode.

That was my interpretation as well. Which makes it even more annoying that
Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users