• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#601 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:56 AM

Carol and Daryl just being friends is like the only good thing this show has left.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#602 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

;)
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#603 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hey guys, what do you think of the latest cover of Entertainment Weekly? As is depicted in the picture, you know you guys eat this shit up. You guys love it.

Posted Image

#604 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:04 PM

huh, I'll be damned. I just checked my listings and this returns tomorrow night. I thought there was at least a week or two break between FTWD and WD, but this year, I guess not.

Season 8. Holy shit that doesn't seem possible. Oh and guys, there's a two hour Talking Dead that follows with all of the show's heavy hitters (in front and behind the cameras), including that genius, charismatic, handsome, sexy, brilliant, and all around awesome guy: Scott M Gimple.Posted Image

You guys excited? Set your DVR!

You haters watch too, so you can come here after to shit all over it, kay?

#605 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

Timely bump, BK.

#606 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Watched last night, it was ok. Some stupid directorial choices, why shoot out all the windows? How many flashbacks were we dealing with? I'm guessing one is a "dream sequence" as well?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#607 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Had a coffeemaker conversation with a co-worker. I'm even more annoyed now. It's looking like Negan's plot armor is so thick that only the hatchet wielded by Rick seems will be the only thing that might hurt him.

#608 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

Yes! Did anyone else fist pump the air when this kept playing during those future Rick sequences?

View Postacesn8s, on 23 October 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Watched last night, it was ok. Some stupid directorial choices, why shoot out all the windows? How many flashbacks were we dealing with? I'm guessing one is a "dream sequence" as well?

That was as so stupid. A total waste of ammunition.

View Postacesn8s, on 23 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Had a coffeemaker conversation with a co-worker. I'm even more annoyed now. It's looking like Negan's plot armor is so thick that only the hatchet wielded by Rick seems will be the only thing that might hurt him.

Lucille protects her man. She will lay down her life for Negan. When Negan has her in his loving embrace, he cannot be killed.

# # # # #
The show has reached a level of hubris and arrogance now that I guess they just expect viewers to just accept it. And this is exhibited no more clearly then during the cringe worthy dialog.

ex. (paraphrasing here)

Carl: We don't have enough.
Rick: Enough of what?
Carl: Hope

#609 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Wow. That Talking Dead that followed was totally worth watching. Two hours because they were celebrating 100 episodes of TWD. They had all of main actors there as well as sexy and brilliant and all around awesome guy Scott M. Gimple and Robert Kirkman.

Oh and guys, it didn't stop there. They brought back many former actors. There were the actors who played Merle, Beth, Hershel, T-Dog. And Glen and Lori Grimes pre-taped a congratulations video.

Also, they had the actress that played Sasha. The show became about 5 mins of just talking Star Trek: Discovery. They even had a full on preview clip of next week's episode of STD. Sike! J/K, just joshin. But it was cool she was there and they did mention her role of STD.

Also guys, and you're gonna squeeee at this one. Gimple has taken over FTWD and he reveled that sometime in 2018 the cross-over between FTWD and WD will happen. Kirkman said it could be the second half of the current WD season, or in next season of FTWD, or the first half of s9 of WD. BUT, here's the kicker, Gimple said it would occur earlier in 2018. Doesn't that just make you SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! I know it does me.
Spoiler

#610 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

In a total twist, I didn't actually hate this as much as you guys. Maybe cuz my expectations are already so low. Obviously the dumbest part, besides Negan's dialogue, was the constant waste of bullets. I agree with you all there. Not to mention all this talk of "one man" being the problem, and then not taking him out when you have a shot. I mean machine guns can get a little arbitrary once they're kicking (at least according to TV/movie lore), but can't you aim your first shot at least?

Anyway, I think the hazy vision stuff is obviously Rick imagining things. But I think everything else is the past, and Sad Rick under the stained glass thing is the present...in other words, his plans fell through once again, and by the time of the half season finale, we'll be caught up with Sad Rick. The hazy stuff is Sad Rick thinking about "what might have been" had the plan succeeded. I'm not saying it will go back to status quo of last season, I just think it'll be the stalemate of last season's finale.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Sad Rick could just be sad about Gabriel, it's just that the vision of the future implies more is going on about his headspace.

#611 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

I was thinking about the gray happy Rick, another one rides the bus sequence and the bloodshot eye, distraught Rick flashes that seemed to occur together. I think this means Carl's last season on WD is here. The happy Rick sequence is just a dream of what could have been if they were successful in eliminating Negan. Instead they fail and so we see flashes of Rick after Carl dies. Also, "Another one Rides The Bus" I think is revealing. 1) It's a parody of "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen which is self explanatory. Another one of Rick's group is going to bite the dust. And 2) "Another One Rides The Bus" is interpreted by me to mean that Negan takes Carl on a bus ride (much like he did Rick), whereupon he murders Carl. And yeah, I know it was an R.V. and not a bus, but not splitting hairs here.

What do you guys think of this astute analysis? Is it a brilliant postulation or do you just think I'm just spit ballin nonsense into the wind?

I welcome (and respect) any and all comments/feedback/opinions etc. Thanks much. Thanks in advance. And have a great day.

#612 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

I like Worry's theory on Rick and the stained glass window = Gabriel.

#613 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

That was pretty okay. I mean there were infinite bullets again, and yet another "peacenik wins the argument' moment, but it was mostly straightforward violence. Any time this show has people making decisions, unless it's Carol, it's 99% bound to be the dumbest possible choice available...so naturally when an episode is more about just getting on with things, they tend to be better. It's no coincidence the last Good Episode was the last raid, and this wasn't nearly that good, but it still mostly kept things moving.

Also, more than ever before, I don't understand the geography of this show.

This post has been edited by worry: 30 October 2017 - 04:16 AM

#614 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

The woman with the bow sure is quick with her weapon. She nocked, drew and released an arrow that hit one head and almost simultaneously did that action again to hit the other head. Unless there was another person with a bow? Which they didn't indicate or show.

Daryl needs to pick up a damn gun. I mean I get that his crossbow is his brand, his signature so to speak. But unless there is a requirement for stealth kills (which there wasn't in this situation), it's totally stupid and unrealistic to go to battle with a friggan crossbow.

King Ezekiel needs to die, please. His shtick has been discovered so no need with the renaissance fair pep talk and encouraging words all the damn time. If I was in their group, I would seriously be tempted to turn my gun on him.

Jesus needs to die. No need for ambiguous mercy and taking the moral high ground when you are fighting the enemy.

Loved the Talking Dead after show. It had the sexy, brilliant, awesome, genius and all around great guy: Scott M. Gimple.

#615 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

I agree with all of that! I guess that lady is a wood elf.

Where are all the people from Oceanside btw? I know the show splits up the cast in all the recent seasons, but they have hella weapons training and aren't in on the raid?

I did get a surprise kick out of Ezekiel saying "fake it till you make it" though, honestly.

This post has been edited by worry: 30 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

#616 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

Did you recognize/remember the guy from the first season? Morales.

I don't remember him. I've never re-watched any of the seasons so I would have to reach back in my memory seven years or so to try and recall him.

#617 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Yah I vaguely recognized him, I think. Rick and Carl meet another father and son stuck on an overpass or something like that? And help them out of a sticky situation, but then they go their separate ways. I haven't rewatched either, so that might be off by a few details.

Edit: I was actually wrong on all the details lol: http://walkingdead.w...ales_(TV_Series)

This post has been edited by worry: 30 October 2017 - 08:39 PM

#618 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Here's a picture I found by searching twitter https://twitter.com/...rc=typd&lang=en
Posted Image

According to Scott M. Gimple (that sexy, genius of a hunk brilliant guy), one of the purposes to introduce Morales back in was to show how much Rick has been changed.

#619 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

The Jesus/Morgan scene annoyed me. The Morales scene bored me. Blah, blah, blah...

#620 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

Walking Dead, queue a face shots, queue some needless gun shooting, queue some more face shots, back to some bullets working, ooh look, a zombie, back to some face shots, where the fuck are everyone? What's the fucking plan? Shit TV getting shitter. It's so fucking shit. The prison was good a few seasons ago, now though, its shit.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users