• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#221 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 09 February 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

This episode was flawlessly written and directed.

I thought the shot where Rick was in the foreground on the walkie-talkie whilst Michonne was in the background lopping heads off zombies was brilliant. There was also the shot where Tyreese was looking through the front door and Noah's face was caught perfectly in a broken mirror inside. I loved that.

#222 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostCajun King, on 16 February 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

Seems either very coincidental or they just brought a mystical element to this bitch. I'm wrapping my head around it. I can't wait to see this play out. I don't want to know b fore hand.

I kinda of thought they would save introducing this part, till the finale. Then leave all next season about this, but based of last episode guess they are going to introduce it.

Wonder who left the water ? :p
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#223 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

I stopped watching last season because I simply got bored of the show. But, this mystical element mentioned above has me intrigued. Can someone explain?

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 16 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

#224 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

Spoiler

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#225 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:39 AM

I haven't read the comics, for the record. All my spoilers are invented by me, the creative visionary.

#226 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, just enjoy the ride. It may get bumpy and even pretty slow at points, the journey yadda yadda yadda.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#227 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

"Don't think. Just eat." was a surprisingly good line for this show. Much better (and by far more succinct) than Rick's, uh, rousing (?!) speech.

#228 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 18 February 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

Yeah, just enjoy the ride. It may get bumpy and even pretty slow at points, the journey yadda yadda yadda.

I'm still think every season should have a cinematic and scored out episode.

One that REALLY is depth driven.

That one that focuses on the Len's light and amazing scenery revolving around...

Each character crying.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#229 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Also think the new guy is there as a embedded <statefarm? > Insurance Rep?

... You too could have prevented this storm damage from your farm. I am really thinking that's it.

#230 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

I'm caught up with the latest episode. So, the whole barn thing is supposed to be an allegory or something? On Hershel's farm, the zombies are in the barn, trying to get out. In the latest episode Rick's group is in the barn, trying to keep the zombies from getting in. And the line where Daryl says "we are not them". Is this suggesting that the living now are the aberration in the world (the disease/mutation)?

Also, Rick's pep talk revealed something I never knew, keep in mind I've not read the comic books. His pep talk revealed that the term "Walking Dead" describes the living.
Posted Image

#231 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

That whole "We are not them" conversation was deliberately opaque because it wasn't actually saying anything. They could mean "we aren't fighting the same good fight the WWII soldiers did" or "we aren't on an equal plain with the enemy, as it's not really human vs human" or "we aren't as good/bad as them (whoever)" or "we have less hope in this situation than your grandpa did in the war." The Rick and Darryl parroting it back and forth made it more confusing, not less...if Darryl's point was "that's a bad analogy" and then Rick agrees, what was the point of the story? Was he celebrating Opposite Day?

#232 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:11 PM

View Postworry, on 18 February 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

That whole "We are not them" conversation was deliberately opaque because it wasn't actually saying anything. They could mean "we aren't fighting the same good fight the WWII soldiers did" or "we aren't on an equal plain with the enemy, as it's not really human vs human" or "we aren't as good/bad as them (whoever)" or "we have less hope in this situation than your grandpa did in the war." The Rick and Darryl parroting it back and forth made it more confusing, not less...if Darryl's point was "that's a bad analogy" and then Rick agrees, what was the point of the story? Was he celebrating Opposite Day?

Agree. Deliberately opaque...and I think it was to showcase Darryl's state of mind in the ep VS Rick's state of mind. Two guys fighting the same war but Darryl's grief overwhelmed him here and he refused to allow people to see it, and then as a result of letting it go (in sobbing alone)...he's then refusing to see the black and white proposition that Rick puts forward...we simply don't know why or what he means by the response of "we ain't them".

It was damned fine storytelling to keep everyone on their toes character-wise in such a way.

This season is easily the best of the shows tenure. Ep to ep it's bloody riveting on a level I can't quite describe.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#233 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

View Postworry, on 18 February 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

.... Was he celebrating Opposite Day?

Bizzaro zombies, man.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#234 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

Just watched last week's episode. First in a long while with actual scares, and was pretty strong from start to finish.

#235 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:24 AM

They were only allowed in because Daryl caught dinner. Possum is yummy if prepared correctly. Posted Image

#236 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:42 AM

The most hippie-liberal backwards bullshit this show has pushed ever. Turn in your weapons at the gate./gah This is the zombie apocalypse! After what they been through??? And it's just guns, makes sense.

A) Political Rhetoric: Taking guns from this crew is the writers way of pushing on a set of beliefs toward the audience, which I don't agree with and took away from the show. No individual is safer in relying on another person and being stripped from a tool that makes them better. It's weakness that drives this thought.

:veryangry: Safety: More Arms the better. Zombies!

C) Lethality: You leave knives, which are very very quiet and a small mass of people. This crew could and would rise up against you if needed.

This town is SOFT. I'm with rick-take it.

#237 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostBriar King, on 02 March 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

I was loling on Carols interview!

Also Ricks last lines ftw!

I loved that the most dangerous member of the group is walking around in a blue sweater and making casseroles for the elderly. They have no idea...

So, did the other teen girl take Rick's blender gun?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#238 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

Wolves

#239 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 02 March 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 02 March 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

I was loling on Carols interview!

Also Ricks last lines ftw!

I loved that the most dangerous member of the group is walking around in a blue sweater and making casseroles for the elderly. They have no idea...

So, did the other teen girl take Rick's blender gun?

View PostBriar King, on 02 March 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

She's the most likely suspect but who knows. Someone planted that walker under that thing at Ricks feet but idk if she could do that alone.

Valid point on the blender gun scene... interesting to see how that pans out. Damn that would make me paranoid knowing someone had to have been watching Rick then when he planted it.

#240 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

I like the idea of the walker being planted to trap the person coming for the gun. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Hound