• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#201 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

Abraham was all like: "This bullshit has brought me to my knees and I ain't gett'n up!" lol

#202 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

Fuck.

FUCK!

Great mid-series finale...but goddamit!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#203 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Allow me to 3rd that sentiment: NOOOOOOooooo! That was a stunner that really hurt! I had a very strong feeling that
Spoiler
It's gonna be a long wait till February! Damn it!!

#204 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thanks a lot Walking Dead. Just go right ahead and rip my heart out. Bastards!Posted Image
Spoiler

#205 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#206 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

The wife and I watched it BK. Yeah a good ep. I don't much care for Mr. Nerdist Chris Hardwick (I find him shrill and irritating in most other venues)...but it was a nice episode.

#207 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostBriar King, on 01 December 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

It's the same scene from a few episodes ago with him walking with a shrouded figure.

Anyone watch Talking Dead? Really nice cast and very emotional I must say.

Yes, that whole scene was heartbreaking. And
Spoiler

#208 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

What do you guys make of the Morgan teaser after the credits? (did you catch it?). Interesting thing the show is doing with Morgan. There was a post credits teaser inserted into the first episode of this season and now one inserted into the mid-season finale last night. The show has been coy about what's going on with Morgan. To me, it's been hinting at he may not have the best intentions for Rick and the group. Also, that he is still not playing with a full deck of cards. The little makeshift shrine he set up in the church kind of supports that. I'm guessing the map he found at the church with the message from Abraham to Rick may side track whatever intentions he may have.Posted Image

#209 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

Kirkman claimed that over the course of his absence in S4 Morgan had partially redeemed himself on his own for his crazier deeds. So I don't think he's got bad intentions for the group. I think he's honestly trying to find them with decent intentions. I could be wrong though.

#210 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

I'm not sure what to make of Morgan. They gave him an ominous feel covering his face when he appeared at the end of the premier but this time just sunglasses. He obviously recognizes Rick's name. As to his sanity: WHO KNOWS?? All non - walkers are insane in someone's point of view by this point. I'll tell ya this, if he has been looking for Rick since they last met in S3, he's got to be best tracker still living! And that's not possible if Daryl Dixon is breathing, right?

#211 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

Ugh that was like a slap in the face after how good season 5.0 was. So mad at this nonsense episode!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#212 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

Watch it again, Worry. This episode was flawlessly written and directed. The slow-mo scene when Tyrese is dying at the town gate is probably the most well-done action scene I've seen on the show. I loved this one so much.

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 09 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#213 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

BK:

No this scene wasn't in the comics. In the comics, Tyrese was decapitated by the governor, not Herschel.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#214 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

So, I'm guessing Rick will fall into deep emo guilt because he just had to finish the mission Beth promised to Noah (with disastrous results). And I suppose Noah will feel the same guilt, thus making him unstable and a threat to the group? And now Michonne wants to be all "we need to stop and hold on to our humanity as best we can", thus taking the edge of her katana skills. And what about Tyreese's sister, is she going to go off the deep end? Also, we haven't seen the effect of Beth's death on her sister. This second half of season 5 should be a lot of fun.Posted Image

What was the deal with the zombie torsos in the trailer?!

Man, Tyreese was one of my favorite characters, even though he couldn't make the transition to "murder first, feel guilt later" in this new norm of a fucked up existence.

I thought the episode was really great, and executed very well.

#215 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

I don't fault the direction (all of the zombie kills this episode were pretty great, and the artsy visual stuff coulda served a better version of this story well enough), but I hated the writing. All those ghosts-of-zombie-past saying absolutely nothing (plus I thought we were finally done with hearing Beth sing, and boy do I feel like a sucker). What I need from this show is ZERO more instances of someone making the dumbest decision possible because they're 'distraught' (ie the danger needs a catalyst) and getting someone else killed for it. At this point every time that happens it's another circle around the drain. Not at all shocked to see the Governor preside over this mess like he did the nearly unwatchable 1-1/2 season dark ages he plunged the show into.

I ain't trying to convince anyone who liked it to not like it, though. Just getting it off my chest.

#216 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

I hear you. If he didn't die, I think the ghosts would be shitty. But he did, so they kind of work. And I also know what you mean about him following Noah, but Ty let his own guard down and should have known better.

I know what the show is setting up for, but I'm not gonna go into it, except to say the following:

1. Glenn and baseball bat. Ha. Also he brought up the crazy guy in the trailer. Nice. Both of these are fan service (but the crazy guy in the trailer is now dead or a zombie, so forget about him.)

2. The funeral-that-turned-out-to-be-foreshadowing was very well done. Perfect I might say.

3. The thing that I think this show can do successfully that the comics do too is introduce new characters. That means some have to die, and its not that surprising since there's frikkin undead people everywhere.

4. That means they need - like Michonne said - someplace safe. I think we'll see something like that soon.

#217 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 09 February 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

And I also know what you mean about him following Noah, but Ty let his own guard down and should have known better.

Exactly my point.

But yah, I've rarely had a problem with this show in terms of its broad strokes (and I get what this episode was getting at), I just have a like/hate relationship with its execution.

#218 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

Heck yah. So happy they are finally out of Georgia.

#219 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

I was kind of hoping we'd see Zombie REM before they left but, alas, we'll have to make the leap over the infinite chasm of wonder to imagine Michael Stipe as an undead monster.

#220 User is offline   Gabriel Chase 

• Gadrobi Rot Farmer
  • Interests:Art Black Metal Books
    Boxing Chess Music
    Noise Painting Poetry Poker
    Salsa Dancing Speedrunning Steampunk
    Visual Kei

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 09 February 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

1. Glenn and baseball bat. Ha.

I actually wondered if that meant Negan might make an appearance some time soon?
لا إلــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users