• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#181 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

OK having just caught up with this series, and having been an avid reader of the comics for a while now, I like the changes/variances between the two. Certain things still happen, but differently. I can see how Kirkman is prob all like "Here's the scenes we need. You writers just fill in the holes."

Its still pretty faithful the comic storyline, for what its worth. I like the way they flashbacked at the end of episode 1 to Terminus before Gareth took over again. That was confusingly well done. Made it seem like the guy with the face tattoos toook back over again, but that scene was rpefaced with "THEN", which is still kind of ambiguous.

I'm also glad Terminus was just a blip in the storyline. True it drove S4b, but not having it dominate S5a is good writing.

So Glenn, Maggie and Tara are off with Abraham, Eugene and Rosita...I expect a rendezvous at ('WARE COMIX SPOILERS!!!)
Spoiler
That would be neat. Then there can be a good season or two before we get to
Spoiler
which should take up another season or two.

As per the show, I love the slow pace. Take yr time with it. Throwing a baby into the mix really adds that extra element and could likely drive the plot to the point where Rick realizes that indeed the world can adapt and recover, and his friends believe in him. And Tyreese will be fine.

I'm guessing that yes, Darryl has someone other than Beth, Carol is not captured but keeping an eye on the location where they followed that car. This will be a nice storyline to follow for a few episodes until they reach the next plot point, which i think will be the what i mentioned in my first spoiler.

I'm incredibly excited for the next issue of the books though. Kirkman's been hyping it up for a while now calling it "Jesus vs. The Whisperers" and if you don't know what that means, I'm sorry, but its badass.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#182 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

Don't click them. Although they aren't ruining any storylines, but they introduce subjects you don't know about yet.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#183 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

I wonder if Abraham's intensity will increase or go down now after last episode's big reveal.

#184 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

View PostBriar King, on 11 November 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostJakovasaurus, on 11 November 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

I wonder if Abraham's intensity will increase or go down now after last episode's big reveal.

Ok so I don't read the comics so that reveal had my jaw on the floor! I mean WTF!!!?? That had me floored.

This happened a lot earlier than I thought it would, for what its worth. I think the bit at the end that shows how it was Eugene's mission that kept him from killing himself will be enough to forgive him for his lie. Abraham's a good guy.

#185 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 11 November 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 11 November 2014 - 12:48 AM, said:

View PostJakovasaurus, on 11 November 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Ok so I don't read the comics so that reveal had my jaw on the floor! I mean WTF!!!?? That had me floored.

This happened a lot earlier than I thought it would, for what its worth. I think the bit at the end that shows how it was Eugene's mission that kept him from killing himself will be enough to forgive him for his lie. Abraham's a good guy.

Yeah, they saved each other in that flashback. I wonder what Abe's new mission will be (to keep him moving forward).
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#186 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

Abe NEEDS a mission...my guess...

Spoiler

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#187 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

Yeah I tend to agree with that as being the next big destination. Although Eugene lied, he said he wanted to go to DC cuz its likely to have the most intact infrastructure. That little bit leads me to believe that perhaps in S5 part 2 will either kick off or end with that as the location.

#188 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

you would think this would be enough for him...

Posted Image
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#189 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm trying to sort out the purpose of the second top. The one that's tied across her chest. It's not doing anything. It's an extra layer (in the southern heat) for no reason. It's got no sleeves, and she's using about half of it.

It makes no logical sense. Costuming department fail.

Also, do up your boots...
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#190 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:35 AM

I hear you on the outfits uselessness, but it's EXACTLY what she wore in the comics, with some obvious license taken on the colors. In fairness, since her intro, she's been seen in clothes that make more sense.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 14 November 2014 - 03:36 AM

#191 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Not to mention having long hair in a zombie apocalypse (Beth, don't change a thing baby).

#192 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

Also, she likes to do sexing to Abraham, so I'm sure she'd want to look attractive to him. Perhaps Abraham has a fetish for layers of modified GI clothing? Maybe one day she had to tie it up cuz zombies can grab it and good ol' Abe was all "damn thats some mighty fine alterations you did to the practicality-based clothing the army issues it's soldiers, Rosita. Mighty fine."

EDIT: The improperly bucked and laced boots would be my major concern. That's just irresponsible.

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 14 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

#193 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 14 November 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

EDIT: The improperly bucked and laced boots would be my major concern. That's just irresponsible.

Seriously, right?

I mean you appear to have fairly decent looking boots. Their not military grade or anything, but their purpose becomes more useless if they aren't tied/buckled properly up.

This is so much nitpicking...but it's fun.

#194 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

Whatever she's wearing it's working. This group can wander into a swarm of zombies and just spin around head-stabbing them without a scratch. Meanwhile Rick's group faces 12 zombies in a flooded basement, with shelf barriers in place, and it takes them ten minutes and a casualty to finish them.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#195 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 November 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

I mean you appear to have fairly decent looking boots. Their not military grade or anything..

This part has been bothering me some time, if you're going to wear boot's for the Apocalypse..get the right ones! Like seriously. It's fairly common knowledge everyone should have a pair of White's boots

These->
http://www.whitesboo...roduct_id=29871
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#196 User is offline   Kruppe's snacky cakes 

• First Sword

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

I'd be wearing all riot gear, all the time. Or at least a carpet coat. I forget which zombie comic that idea came from...

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Armor
I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean...your destiny.

#197 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 14 November 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 November 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

I mean you appear to have fairly decent looking boots. Their not military grade or anything..

This part has been bothering me some time, if you're going to wear boot's for the Apocalypse..get the right ones! Like seriously. It's fairly common knowledge everyone should have a pair of White's boots

These->
http://www.whitesboo...roduct_id=29871

I think she needs some thigh-highs, you know, the more coverage, the better.

Anyways...

So now we are all caught up timewise between the different groups.

#198 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

Carol's story. Or, "How I became a dehumanized survivor machine" by Carol Peletier. Forward by Daryl Dixon.

Also, I guess who Daryl has with him at the end of the episode "Four Walls and a Roof" has been answered. Posted Image

#199 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

Um, I'd just like to note that I would watch multiple seasons of the "Daryl & Carol Zombie killing Power Hour".

Seriously, that episode was badass.

Only two more eps this year. Man, this season has arguably been the best of the whole series so far. No stopping. No fucking around. No filler episodes. No nonsense. Just great writing from ep to ep.

#200 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

I agree. I think at the second part of last season they realized the can do whole episodes without showing certain characters and the story works and the viewer is more pleased when they see their favorite again. I can't believe the show took the risk of having not one but THREE episodes in a row without their (arguably) main character, and they all served to move the story ahead. I like that they focus on all the characters and I would absolutely love a Tyreese episode. We know from his WIRE work that Chad Coleman can pull off leading an entire episode, and his S4 stuff was more about Carol or the little girls. I just think his character lacks much of the development the others have received. We barely know anything about his past. Sort of the same with Sasha too. Split 'em up in S5 part 2 and give'em each an episode with some flashbacks, but remembered a little differently like THE AFFAIR is doing (its a great device) and have them meet up at the end of the first episode to face a cliffhanger situation that we don't see the ultimate resolution to until the second episode in which one of them dies.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users