• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cover art is up - Orb, Sceptre, Throne

#21 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Wheres my ship dammit!
Who does the artist think he's fooling. He wanted the ship in the foreground and the guy in the background, but he was forced to change it up. City in the Jungle will have ships all over that jungle.

Also, isn't it about time to ask Hetan very nicely for the prologue?
Very very nicely.

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 07 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

#22 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

It's probably meant to be Kyle.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#23 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

WHERE IS HIS OFT-DESCRIBED MOUSTACHE
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#24 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

On a secret mission. Duh.

(the mustache, not Kyle)
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#25 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

What?!? Moustache is on a secret mission??? Where's the spoiler tags, man, now I'm so disgusted I must cancel my pre-order...

Also, cover art is blah, why can't some new blood be transfused here? It does remind me of TCG (guess thats the color scheme Puck is on about)

My guess for the identity of the man on the cover is...the busboy who works at Kruls Bar & Grill, who lays down the mob and takes up the rapier to avenge the poor tippers in the city, then he will take a ship to find Greymane's grave and sing a sad song over it.

Fade to black
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#26 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

kyle has a moustache?

No! It cant be true! So young, so innocent...
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#27 User is offline   Asharak 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

It would be great if it was Paran(ergo he is a main character in the book), but I dont want to get my hopes up. At least it wasnt entierly dominated by ships this time.

#28 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

Its Grizzin Farl.

You heard it here first folks.

Edit- Lets try and stay positive. Its not as bad as the American 'a wacky christmas' cover of BH

This post has been edited by Arsewipe McBogroll the Third: 07 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

#29 User is offline   Asharak 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

It is Nefarias Bredd

It is known

:-)

#30 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostAbyss, on 07 September 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

Am i alone in thinking this really looks like the TCG cover?

But otherwise yah, generic fantasy cover nonsense. I would have preferred another big ship.

On the bright side, December is SOON!

I also would prefer another big ship. He had a thing going with the ships.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#31 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

Where's the freaking ship dammit?! If I squint real hard I can just about make one out in the background...not nearly good enough! Don't they want people to know that this is a series about naval warfare and ship parades?

As for the man....Bellam Nom sounds like a good fit if we are making up someone for the generic man in foreground. Or, Murillio Resurrected! Dun dun dun!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#32 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

darujhistan at least looks nice. but it is terribly similar to the CG cover.

i think if the swordsman turns out to be a central character, say, one of the noms, then i will forgive the cheesy-ness. also, orb, sceptre, throne is sounding less clunky, but maybe that's just familiarity. i wonder if the title is symbolic or literal...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#33 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

View PostArsewipe McBogroll the Third, on 07 September 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

Its Grizzin Farl.

You heard it here first folks.

Edit- Lets try and stay positive. Its not as bad as the American 'a wacky christmas' cover of BH

grandma got run over by the trygalle, while pickling seguleh on christmas eve.
you may think there's no such thing as jaghut, but as for me and ganoes we believe!

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#34 User is offline   WhiskeyJackDaniels 

• Emperor

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

Its obviously the Tyrant.
So, you're the historian who survived the Chain of Dogs.
Actually, I didn't.

It seems you stand alone.
It was ever thus.

#35 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

Well, there you go, I actually don't mind it. I kind of like the colours too. That probably just confirms I'll never be an art major. :)

I guess I have been conditioned by thousands of books over the last 30 years that either have a cover bearing no resemblance whatsoever to the material therein, or are just plain shitty.

Speaking of which, it could have been done by that dude who did all those ghastly WoT covers. So we can at least be grateful for that. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#36 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

Do we give it any credit for having the blue gas lighting that Darujhistan is famous for? Cos I liked that.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#37 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

I wonder if the orange haze surrounding the central figure is not just an artist's affectation, but something more significant -- Soletaken haze, even?
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#38 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

No, it's the cheap shot of art these days, using orange and teal everywhere to create perfect contrast.
It's been blighting movies for a good ten years now. Next time you watch a movie from the 2000's onwards, take a look at the color palette.
No, you can't unsee that.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#39 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

I posted a picture in the TCG cover thread about exactly that, Gothos.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#40 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostArsewipe McBogroll the Third, on 07 September 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

Lets try and stay positive. Its not as bad as the American 'a wacky christmas' cover of BH

Which was at least a literal depiction of a scene in the book.
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users