CF vs. The forum. BRING IT ON

#181 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

View PostObdigore, on 15 August 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Q C5 -> C3

Lets see what he does next. If he does what I expect it shall be glorious.

Pawn chez H5 to H6

Attached File  CF move 43.png (69.78K)
Number of downloads: 0
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#182 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

Queen c3 -> d2
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#183 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

CF, if you're attempting to promote that pawn, you realise we only need to play Kh8 to stop it? It's entirely futile, even protected by your rook, and merely delays the inevitable
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#184 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

View PostUseOfWeapons, on 15 August 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

CF, if you're attempting to promote that pawn, you realise we only need to play Kh8 to stop it? It's entirely futile, even protected by your rook, and merely delays the inevitable

c2 x d3 seems the only viable delay that prevents us from Qf2.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#185 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

He is going to try to make a move with the queen up our non-king side to that pawn, then over. (Assuming we take that pawn)

We cold move the knight back to C5, we could move H7 -> G6, we could move the bishop back to C8, could move our rook on A8 to B8...

I would advise against F7 -> G6 as it will result in us losing one of our rooks.

In fact the best move might be B G4 -> F3.

Edit - Fixed some stuff. Im half asleep so I hope this is intelligible.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 15 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#186 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostTapper, on 15 August 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

He could also go H1 -> H2.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#187 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Rh2 would enable us to play Bh3+ and then Qxf2. He has to remove our knight, and then potentially Qe1 further delays our inevitable triumph
-- Oscar Wilde

#188 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

View PostUseOfWeapons, on 15 August 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

Rh2 would enable us to play Bh3+ and then Qxf2. He has to remove our knight, and then potentially Qe1 further delays our inevitable triumph

Not if he doesn't take the bishop. CF has shown a lot of restraint in not taking offered pieces, If he rook -> h2 and then started attacking with the queen up our left side it might get interesting.

#189 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

View PostObdigore, on 15 August 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostTapper, on 15 August 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

He could also go H1 -> H2.

also delaying only, and essentially, he has to do one of those two before or after g6xh7.

H1-h2 Qd2-e2+
Kf1-g2 --> Qd2xf2

is then no option, so only Kf1-g1 is open. That would leave him thoroughly pinned.

#190 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

Pinned, but we would be unable to capitalize on that pinning and he wouldn't need his queen to continue his current defense until we bring another piece into play, which would allow him some interesting options.

#191 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostObdigore, on 15 August 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Not if he doesn't take the bishop. CF has shown a lot of restraint in not taking offered pieces, If he rook -> h2 and then started attacking with the queen up our left side it might get interesting.

Perhaps, but too little, too late. Without support, our king is safely castled and our rooks are lined up. He can take two pawns and perhaps bring his a-column pawn up, in a lot of moves.
In fact, if he moved his queen and we expect this to draw out a bit, a d5-d4 by us would probably force him to already alter his plans as that would exert some pressure on his pawn line.

#192 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

View PostTapper, on 15 August 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

Perhaps, but too little, too late. Without support, our king is safely castled and our rooks are lined up. He can take two pawns and perhaps bring his a-column pawn up, in a lot of moves.
In fact, if he moved his queen and we expect this to draw out a bit, a d5-d4 by us would probably force him to already alter his plans as that would exert some pressure on his pawn line.

B7 -> B6 would also be a good move. I do worry that CF is smart enough (especially when we discuss all his options, its like playing against ourselves :p ) to draw it out a bit. I would like to get one of our rooks in play, but we cannot move that Pawn in front of our right rook or he gets a free shot over towards the rear of our right pawn structure.

#193 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

View PostObdigore, on 15 August 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

B7 -> B6 would also be a good move. I do worry that CF is smart enough (especially when we discuss all his options, its like playing against ourselves :p ) to draw it out a bit. I would like to get one of our rooks in play, but we cannot move that Pawn in front of our right rook or he gets a free shot over towards the rear of our right pawn structure.

Actually, Ra8-d8 would bring a rook in play, shore up our middle in case he'd attempt b7-d5 and bring more pressure to bear offensively as well. I'm not so afraid yet of him marauding through our back line. He'd need to develop his queenside rook first, and space on his backline is tight, especially if he moves h1-h2 and moves his queen, chances are we'll be hunting for that rook.

#194 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostObdigore, on 15 August 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

In his shoes and with your line of thought, I'd move to b5 if I were him :p
Those two a2 and b2 pawns don't concern me much for now, I'm more worried for the d5 and e6 pawns. If he manages to remove those, we'd lose our only chance at promotion and a good bit of cover for our pieces.

EDIT: I still think he has to deal with our knight, though. Right now, that piece is making all the difference in where it sits, and it can move in worrying directions for him, seeing how he's tied to rows and columns primarily with his remaining pieces.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 15 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

#195 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

Like I said, don't take his pawn on G6 with F7 and we shouldn't have to worry about it. I believe that is why he moved that pawn there, because that is a 2 move checkmate if we don't counter with a possible Queen Queen exchange or lose a rook to his queen.

#196 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

View PostObdigore, on 15 August 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Like I said, don't take his pawn on G6 with F7 and we shouldn't have to worry about it. I believe that is why he moved that pawn there, because that is a 2 move checkmate if we don't counter with a possible Queen Queen exchange or lose a rook to his queen.

It is nowhere near the best move for us, so we're safe from that, I think :p

#197 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Queen c3 -> d2
[/quote]

Queen to D1

pretty much fucked now. Hail mary time.

Attached File  CF move 45.png (70.08K)
Number of downloads: 0
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#198 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

D2 -> F2 is checkmate then.

Edit: I can't play though, its up to someone besides me and UoW.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 15 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

#199 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

say what?
someone, mate him plz
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#200 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

oh, I can play!

Q d2- f2 ++

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 15 August 2011 - 06:07 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users