• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime

#481 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Go through some of the suggestions in this thread that you haven't tried, heh. Hard to imagine there be nothing the folk in here like that you don't also. :(

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#482 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

I finished watching all of Lupin III. Plus the movies that I could find.

Man, that show is fucking iconic.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#483 User is offline   Deck of Dragons 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostEltar, on 25 March 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

8) Slayers. The first season of this 90's fantasy/adventure series was fun, and it's one of those series that gets better the longer it goes on. Demons, sorcerers, and warriors abound. Seasons 1-3 are recommended. Seasons 4-5 are not.

I forgot about that series. I loved the first 3 seasons as well and it was one of the only anime I liked dubbed because I thought the US voices were great!

#484 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

recently i've been watching Welcome to the NHK the story is about someone trying to return to normal society after becoming a shut in
altho it can be a little disturbing it fun to watch.
blankets are always in style

#485 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

Suuuuuuuuuuuuper keen for "Sword Art Online" this...July, I think. Been reading the t/l of the light novels, and at the very least, the first volume is EXCEPTIONAL. Think, "death games done right". And even though the protagonist is a bit of an 'Ace', he is insanely fun to read about, which is pretty remarkable. Hopefully the anime doesn't mess it up. :D

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#486 User is offline   blanketman2.0 

• Sergeant

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

where do you get the translations?
blankets are always in style

#487 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

There's a link on the Tropes page, I believe. :D

Shinrei said:

#488 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

Did QuickTidal stop watching One Piece?

Also, I gave up on Moretsu Space Pirates a while ago.

The Daily Lives of High School Boys series was very solid. Haven't watched another anime (other than One Piece) since it ended.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#489 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

So I didnt like boxing before. Its always felt kinda dull in comparison to MMA and all the other more flambouyant martial arts. that said though I think I love boxing now. and this anime is the reason why: http://en.wikipedia....g_Spirit_(manga)

Its in no way an original story, its a pretty basic shounen anime. I like it because of the oldschool approach to character development. I like characters that grow from the ground up in a very believable way. Ippo is such an unlikely hero. his growth is very tangible. nothing over the top yet still impressive. I havent felt this happy watching an anime in a long while. the animation and artwork is a bit dated but surprisingly fluid.

also speaking of fluid: Avatar legend of Korra is out. I'm not sure this falls under anime? but its pretty damn good.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#490 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Technically the Avatar stuff is 'Western Animation' (pretty sure there is a thread for the LoK specifically around here somewhere), but seeing as 'anime' is basically 'animation', I always find the distinction to be a bit irrelevant. Except that there are fucktons of good anime, and only a handful of good 'Western Animation' series (basically the difference is that anime comes in a lot of different settings and styles, all of which have their stand-outs, while 'good' WA is limited to, well, Avatar, RE-Boot!, Gargoyles, and several comical long-runners...).

Shinrei said:

#491 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Just finished watching Full Metal Alchemist and loved it, anyone know if its worth watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood?

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#492 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Postchamp, on 17 May 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Just finished watching Full Metal Alchemist and loved it, anyone know if its worth watching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood?

Absolutely! Though I've only watched FMA:B, it is generally considered as good or better by those who have watched both (mostly better), and it follows the plot of the (original) manga. Though the author did sign off on, and even help with, the altered plotline in FMA.

I wouldn't recommend watching Brotherhood straight away though. The first half of the series is pretty much identical, plot-wise, and I'm not sure the different ending is enough in and of itself to make a whole series watch worthwhile. Give it a bit, then when you feel a hankering for watching FMA again, watch Brotherhood instead. :D

Shinrei said:

#493 User is online   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostSilencer, on 17 May 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

View Postchamp, on 17 May 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

Absolutely! Though I've only watched FMA:B, it is generally considered as good or better by those who have watched both (mostly better), and it follows the plot of the (original) manga. Though the author did sign off on, and even help with, the altered plotline in FMA.

I wouldn't recommend watching Brotherhood straight away though. The first half of the series is pretty much identical, plot-wise, and I'm not sure the different ending is enough in and of itself to make a whole series watch worthwhile. Give it a bit, then when you feel a hankering for watching FMA again, watch Brotherhood instead. :D

Many thanks! I am intrigued to see how they end Brotherhood and how it differs - though whilst typing this I've just realised I haven't watched the movie to FMA yet!

I've got full seasons of Gantz, Ninja Scroll and Helsing Ultimate to watch so I may switch to them before hitting up FMA:B! Should keep me occupied!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#494 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostDolmen+, on 17 May 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

So I didnt like boxing before. Its always felt kinda dull in comparison to MMA and all the other more flambouyant martial arts. that said though I think I love boxing now. and this anime is the reason why: http://en.wikipedia....g_Spirit_(manga)

Its in no way an original story, its a pretty basic shounen anime. I like it because of the oldschool approach to character development. I like characters that grow from the ground up in a very believable way. Ippo is such an unlikely hero. his growth is very tangible. nothing over the top yet still impressive. I havent felt this happy watching an anime in a long while. the animation and artwork is a bit dated but surprisingly fluid.

also speaking of fluid: Avatar legend of Korra is out. I'm not sure this falls under anime? but its pretty damn good.

Try watching Kinnikuman or Ultimate Muscle, as it was called in the U.S. It was/is a completely bizarre version of pro wrestling with way better drama because they can actually give the characters super-powers and weird Power Ranger bad guy-like designs.

One goofy good time, even if you hate real life pro wrestling like I do.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#495 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

@Amph:

I gave up on Moretsu Space Pirates a while back too, it just wasn't doing anything too interesting.

I have not stopped watching OP, I am still around the episode 110 mark...I just have had no time to watch in the last few weeks, but I will be getting back to it soon. And the gf is headed out on a two week cruise with her family in June so I will get some significant time in then as well. I still am aiming to get caught up by summers end. And still totally enjoying.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#496 User is offline   Nocturnal 

• Rabid fangirl

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

I watch way too much of this... EnkoKasumi - my MAL profile for the exact list of stuff I've seen.

As you can see up there, my favorite anime is Baccano! + OVA, I've been a huge fan of Ryougo Narita ever since the first novel and loved the anime adaptation. My favorite genre would be psychological with a bit of randomness, action and religious themes (I love angels/demons/gods in anime, even though I'm not the most religious person).
"Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat."

#497 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Whoa. That is a LOT of anime. O.o How on earth do you find time to watch all of that!??!/!??!?!

And yeah, Narita is freaking awesome! And he pretty much writes the exact kind of genre you're talking about...hmmm...correlation? :p

Most of the stuff I've seen is on your 'to watch' list, lol. Though I have to ask...why'd you 'drop' Clannad: After Story? :D

And welcome (again) to the forums. Hope you like it here. :D

So recently I got to thinking about the anime I've watched and which ones need more seasons, but which haven't had recent announcements about them. There are the obvious ones, of course, but also one or two that aren't so obvious. Anyway, list!-

Haruhi (obviously...there are what, nine or ten light novels, and we've only really seen as far as the fourth(ish), plot-wise. I'm just hyper-impatient for either the next season or the next Big Damn Movie. Probably season, 'cuz the next bits of story are not entirely cohesive enough for a movie, imo)

Baccano! (again, this stems mostly from the fact that there is plenty of material to be had in the form of more light novels...now, I haven't started reading these yet, but based on Durarara!! and the Tropes spoilers I've accidentally picked up, there's no reason NOT to adapt them)

Durarara!! (same reason as Baccano! - specifically, though, more Orihara twins, dammit!!!)

RAILGUN (for a 'side story', it really deserves more love. I actually preferred RAILGUN to INDEX.)

INDEX (alright, so it's pretty much guaranteed to get another season, but still...where is it?!?! /whine)

Darker than Black (ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE MOAR. Seriously, I'm just about at the level of writing it myself, dammit. But I don't want a sequel. Oh no. Prequel. Series. Still focus on Hei, but let's go back before Heaven's War, build up to it, and watch it unfold. We only get [very tantalizing] glimpses of this in the first season, and it's basically dropped in the second season as being of no relevance. But I seriously want to know what went on, and see some bloody character development of Bai, Amber, Carmine, etc. If you were awesome, you could even involve some of the other characters we know like November 11. It can't possibly be that hard! ;( Erm...anyway...yeah...reeeeeeeally keen for this, obviously. XD)

Vampire Knight (so it's not that good, I'll grant you. But it's still a guilty pleasure. There are more LNs providing plot. So...why not? It even has a reasonable following. C'mon...)

Full Metal Panic (again, I seem to be waiting on KyoAni. >.< Good thing I practically idol-worship them, heh. But you can hardly call the ending of The Second Raid to be a story-closer. We've even got the ominous, real 'big bad' only just introduced! I am either expecting an absolute avalanche of KyoAni releases, or they've put things like FMP on the back-burner for a while, in favour of things like the Haruhi movie, the K-on movie, Nichijou and Hyouka. Which would be fine...if that didn't apparently also include Haruhi! :p)

So yeah...those are the series that I think need more entries, of some kind or another. If only for selfish reasons. :p Many of them are almost guaranteed to happen, it's just a case of when (anime being hard to make, and all that), but still...main concerns here are Darker than BLACK and DRRR/Baccano. Left out things like the Rebuild series, because that IS being released, and there's plenty of news about it.

Anyone else have a series whose next entry you're waiting on impatiently?

Shinrei said:

#498 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

I cannot lie, i dearly dearly want a new installment of black lagoon. Robertas blood trial was pretty hardcore. Also i actually hope they do follow through with more katanagatari. Also I really wish theyd convert more korean mangas into anime. The breaker is type of manga born for animation.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#499 User is offline   Nocturnal 

• Rabid fangirl

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostSilencer, on 18 May 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Whoa. That is a LOT of anime. O.o How on earth do you find time to watch all of that!??!/!??!?!

And yeah, Narita is freaking awesome! And he pretty much writes the exact kind of genre you're talking about...hmmm...correlation? :D

Most of the stuff I've seen is on your 'to watch' list, lol. Though I have to ask...why'd you 'drop' Clannad: After Story? :p

And welcome (again) to the forums. Hope you like it here. :D

Thank you ~
And, I've been watching anime for 5 years now, so it's not really much if you consider that. Also I watch season animes, and one week when they finish I get to add 7-8 to my completed list. Considering it daily, it's only 2-3 episodes.

I think I actually liked After Story more than Clannad, but I heard that it becomes rather depressive and I just wasn't prepared for that at the time. I also dropped FMA 2 times because of so many tragic deaths. I'm overly emotional when it comes to anime, lol.

I also want more of Baccano! I've read 9 novels and loved every single one. I want Huey's homunculus to make and appearance so bad. And I demand more Graham!
"Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat."

#500 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostNocturnal, on 18 May 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 18 May 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

And yeah, Narita is freaking awesome! And he pretty much writes the exact kind of genre you're talking about...hmmm...correlation? :D

Most of the stuff I've seen is on your 'to watch' list, lol. Though I have to ask...why'd you 'drop' Clannad: After Story? :p

And welcome (again) to the forums. Hope you like it here. :p

Thank you ~
And, I've been watching anime for 5 years now, so it's not really much if you consider that. Also I watch season animes, and one week when they finish I get to add 7-8 to my completed list. Considering it daily, it's only 2-3 episodes.

I think I actually liked After Story more than Clannad, but I heard that it becomes rather depressive and I just wasn't prepared for that at the time. I also dropped FMA 2 times because of so many tragic deaths. I'm overly emotional when it comes to anime, lol.

I also want more of Baccano! I've read 9 novels and loved every single one. I want Huey's homunculus to make and appearance so bad. And I demand more Graham!

Hrm. I see. Well, when you put it that way, it makes sense, but it'd still take me forever to watch even half of what you have. :D

Yeah, I certainly preferred After Story, that's why I was asking. But...depressive doesn't really do it justice. "Most tragic and moving story EVER", is probably a better fit (at least in my not-so-humble opinion, heh). So yeah, you probably don't want to go there unless you're looking for tearjerking. XD It still actually makes me cry, and I'm not normally 'overly emotional' about fiction in general. :S Kinda like having your heart torn out, actually...you can't ignore it. XD

Haha, Graham was awesome! He definitely managed to steal the limelight in the OVA every time he was on-screen, except maybe around Claire who is pretty much Narita's favourite anyway. I'll have to get onto the light novels for Baccano - but I'm holding out hope for another season of the anime, thus figured I might enjoy that more if I hadn't read the novels, heh...

@Dolmen - it's interesting, but Black Lagoon didn't really grab me. I think I watched all of two episodes of it before I gave up. Granted, I think there was a reason for that which didn't involve the anime itself so much as being in the middle of a rewatch of other series at the time or something. Aha! That's why I think Nocturnal's list is ridiculously long...if I watched new series every time instead of spending however many episodes a day on watching things I've already seen, I would have covered waaaaaay more ground in the past year. Go figure. >.<
I've started watching 'Jormungand', though, which is presently airing or thereabouts, and I've heard it termed "the new Black Lagoon" a couple of times. It's a bit over the top for my tastes (without actually showing much in the way of awesome fighting that is plausible, that is to say) but I think I got more into it than I did Black Lagoon.

Also on the 'to watch' list: Hiiro no Kakera. It had a good first episode, I thought. :p Then I got distracted by the Sword Art Online light novels, and well...>.<

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

• 241 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users