• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#61 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

DL'ed the new map pack for COD: Black Ops. I also picked up Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Cheap way to get a magic fix. haven't played in nearly 10 years.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#62 User is offline   Satan 

• Hunting for love

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

View PostDolmen, on 30 June 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:

Just played through crysis again. Not sure it was worth it but that last boss was amusing.

Playing PES 2011 right now. cant believe Ronaldinhos a classic player. What were they thinking?

Because he did stuff that professional freestyle players can't do, in top leagues and national games. The amount of control that boy had on the ball was on par with Zizu. Shame he got fat.

This post has been edited by Brynjar: 02 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

Legalise drugs! And murder!

#63 User is offline   wade 

• more interesting African Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

Yakuza 4, Under Siege, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

#64 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

I am enjoying the HELL out of Alpha Protocol right now. best $5 dollars I've ever spent.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#65 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Finally gotten hold of Fallout: Las Vegas. In regards to the plot things seem a lot better than Fallout 3. Not to mention the dialogues and the voice acting seems... well.. more mature. Still, I've only just cleared Primm so I'm not far in, yet already there's a very pleasant feel of mystery in regards to why.

Especially finding that little place to the west where there's some pretty... freaky graffiti.

Hopefully it doesn't all turn out to be daft.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#66 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Myself, I've enjoyed the hell out of Torchlight today. This is Diablo in everything but name, really. Nice to feel the old good feelings again!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#67 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

I have so many games to play. Minecraft, Dead nation, fallout vegas, my buddy just gave me the first assassin's creed, i have the God of War multipack to play, little big planet, etc. And I wonder why I don't read like I used to.
Error: Signature not valid

#68 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

What's dead nation?
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#69 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

I played, finished and thoroughly enjoyed PORTAL 2. Worth every penny.

I am also, like Apt, working my way through JUST CAUSE 2 still...the game is just massive....but as long as it's been a day or two between sessions I don't get tired of it....it's a great stress release.

I'm about 16% done. LOL

Oh, and I am also about halfway through BLUR which is about as fun as a racing game should be allowed to be.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#70 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 30 June 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostMTS, on 30 June 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Fable III...I think 'meh' sums up my feelings rather nicely.

That game must be the stupidest over-hyped game I've ever played.

My friend pirated Fable 3, and they opened up the directory, and the game engine is called something along the lines of 'fable2engine.exe'
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#71 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

I can't believe I never noticed you could detach the mini-guns in JUST CAUSE 2!!!!!!!!!

Fuck.

This game just became that much more awesome. I'm cutting down all enemies.

Also, I am going to play through PORTAL 2 again, loving it still.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#72 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Have you been exploring the world QT? If not, there's so much awesome stuff out there. The "haunted island" in the North West corner. The flying Mile High Club and the Panauan Cape Canaveral in the North Eastern Corner, the oil rigs out to sea, the various Military bases with B52s, F16s, hidden missile silos (or what ever those holes are), etc.

I honestly don't understand why they gave the game such a crappy story when they'd built all those awesome places in the world. They could easily had incorporated some of these places into the storyline. Specifically I was sure that the Haunted island area was going to be a part of the ending.

#73 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Nope, just an excellent side mission. As well as Fry Me To The Moon and the Mile High Club missions.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#74 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

If you look hard enough on the Haunted Island you can find the hatch from Lost. I thought that was funny.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#75 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostMTS, on 15 July 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

If you look hard enough on the Haunted Island you can find the hatch from Lost. I thought that was funny.

I've heard tell the whole haunted island is an homage to LOST...crashed plane and everything.

Yeah, the Mile High Club I tried to land on with the black spy plane thingie and missed...LOL

I'm still doing the regular missions, but I've been the cape canaveral...

The sandboxness of the world is so great, it would indeed be better if it had a better story.

I also just learned how to fly the shittier planes better...slight touches instead of sweeping stick movements and the plane will go there...I kept crashing the Cessna plane for the ring trial thing.

Still...mini-gun detachment is the ultimate win.

#76 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Fallout: LV is pretty much everything I wanted in a Fallout 3
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#77 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Jumped back into Just Cause 2, I never quiet end up finishing these sandbox games, but its fun to just blow shit up every once and a while ;)
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#78 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

View PostMentalist, on 12 July 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

I am enjoying the HELL out of Alpha Protocol right now. best $5 dollars I've ever spent.

Aye, it is not as bad as it is made out to be, although there is a stupid, stupid, stupid boss in the Russian levels who is near impossible to dodge and immune half of the time.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#79 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Started and finished Vanquish in one epic 16 hour game session yesterday. I'm sure if you're an aggressive player you could have done it in half that time, but it was well worth it for the experience.

If you own a console I recommend buying this game if you like action games. It's awesome. Imagine if somebody made a japanese inspired battlemech movie that took place on the citadel from Mass Effect. It's not terribly intelligent, it's not very long, it's cheesy as hell but damn that was a fun ride.

Makes me sad that the game didn't sell well and now there'll probably never be a sequel.

Now on to Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.

This post has been edited by Pennyapt: 19 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

#80 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

I've been messing around with Metroid Prime. I played it when it came out originally on the Game Cube and it's ended up being pretty much my favourite game. I got the Wii Prime Trilogy version and am enjoying the controls, although I can imagine that swapping between visors/weapons during the final boss battle will be highly confusing/frustrating. Mind you, that battle was a nightmare on the GC as well, must've taken me ten attempts to complete, at half an hour or more per attempt. Huge sense of satisfaction once completed, though.

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users