• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The game I'm playing is...

#81 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

I've also bought the Metroid Prime trilogy. Finished the first Metroid Prime around a month ago. Really liked the game, I especially appreciated how much better the wii-remote is at First person shooting than your regular console controller.

Don't worry about the final boss, by the time you get to it you'll be used to switching back and forth. I still got confused some time though about which button was visors and which button was lasers.

While I really liked the game, I have to say that the constant running back and forth from one zone to another over and over again made me frustrated. I quickly gave up trying to keep track of all the areas that I needed what ever for and just pulled out a walkthrough.

#82 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Finished Wizardry 7 and Witcher 2. Wizardry 7 was an awesome, awesome game, wish I'd played it earlier. Now to import the party to Wizardry 8 and finish off the Dark Savant trilogy... it's been a hell of a ride, one of my best RPG experiences ever.

Witcher 2 was... good. Disappointing, but good. The final act's linear hacky-slashyness was made up for by some devastatingly difficult choices - even though I knew they'd have no real consequences, I was so immersed in the story by this point that they just felt damn hard anyway. I actually had to put the game down four times to ruminate over what to do next, and I haven't done that in... well, ever. So kudos on making a great interactive story, but hopefully the next one provides a better game.

Spoiler

#83 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostPennyapt, on 19 July 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

I've also bought the Metroid Prime trilogy. Finished the first Metroid Prime around a month ago. Really liked the game, I especially appreciated how much better the wii-remote is at First person shooting than your regular console controller.

Don't worry about the final boss, by the time you get to it you'll be used to switching back and forth. I still got confused some time though about which button was visors and which button was lasers.

While I really liked the game, I have to say that the constant running back and forth from one zone to another over and over again made me frustrated. I quickly gave up trying to keep track of all the areas that I needed what ever for and just pulled out a walkthrough.

I liked the exploring, but it was really annoying that there were places you could explore in a direction for an hour only to reach a part that said "Too bad, you need this missing equipment" and have to backtrack that whole hour. There's some crashed underwater ship I remember making my way through like that until I got to an unpassable point, and it was even harder getting back out. Why didn't they make me need that other equipment at the very start of the ship?! Like Apt I never got used to the visor switching and could never remember what each was good for either, so the invisible baddies always scared the crap out of me. My roomate complains that colour-coding the enemies by the laser you need to shoot them with is silly, but I never would've gotten through it without that!

I played a bit of the second metroid prime but got too bored/frustrated with figuring out how/when/where to use the dark world.

The third one was nice for exploring, though I had to be told a few times where to backtrack to once I'd acquired some new equipment. Thankfully the enemies were usually easier, ass the wii-controls are a bit awkward. There's one part where you move on rollercoaster-ziplines and have to accurately shoot down things flying around your or you get knocked off - had me throwing wii remotes around everywhere...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#84 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

View PostD, on 19 July 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

View PostPennyapt, on 19 July 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

I liked the exploring, but it was really annoying that there were places you could explore in a direction for an hour only to reach a part that said "Too bad, you need this missing equipment" and have to backtrack that whole hour. There's some crashed underwater ship I remember making my way through like that until I got to an unpassable point, and it was even harder getting back out. Why didn't they make me need that other equipment at the very start of the ship?! Like Apt I never got used to the visor switching and could never remember what each was good for either, so the invisible baddies always scared the crap out of me. My roomate complains that colour-coding the enemies by the laser you need to shoot them with is silly, but I never would've gotten through it without that!

I played a bit of the second metroid prime but got too bored/frustrated with figuring out how/when/where to use the dark world.

The third one was nice for exploring, though I had to be told a few times where to backtrack to once I'd acquired some new equipment. Thankfully the enemies were usually easier, ass the wii-controls are a bit awkward. There's one part where you move on rollercoaster-ziplines and have to accurately shoot down things flying around your or you get knocked off - had me throwing wii remotes around everywhere...

Yeah, these are common issues, I think. They never really bothered me, I must admit - but, then, I've become a huge Metroid fan, including the 2-d platformers, and they all follow this pattern: you start with all the equipment, then something happens and you lose all but the basic stuff and have to set off in search of it all. I loved going into areas for the first time, hearing the telltale sound of a power-up somewhere in the vicinity, or seeing a door which I couldn't open, knowing that I would be able to come back to it and go further into the level at a later point. I remember the crashed ship well! I think I'm approaching that bit again in the Wii version.

The second Prime game was an utter, utter bastard on the Cube, but I hear they've adjusted some parts of it for the Wii version, so I'm looking forward to that. The third game was great, but not nearly as good as the first two, imo. I don't think anything in either of the two sequels ever matched the first visit to Phendrana Drifts in the original game. If you thought the Wii controls were awkward, though, you should have played the first two on the Cube - I remember finishing sessions on Prime 1 with my hand locked into a claw shape ;)

#85 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

Just reinstalled a classic, Escape Velocity Nova (which is the 3rd, but you can run mods on it to play 1 & 2 alongside dozens of custom ones) which is a top-down space-shooter/trader. I am suffering from extreme nostalia-paralysis right now.
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#86 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Dragon Age Origins. It is pretty bad ass. I know why so many of you guys loved it so much.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#87 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

Be sure to check out at least Awakening and Golems of Amgarrak of the DLCs!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#88 User is offline   Hull Beddict 

• Recruit

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

Playing Dragon Age: Origins, abusing the bad AI, cursing the camera, and pining for Icewind Dale.

Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose. ~Douglas Adams

#89 User is offline   Beliar 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

X3 : Terran Conflict

Why you ask, because I love Sci-fi as much as I love a good RPG, and I've been trying to play and complete it since I bought it a number of years ago only It just requires a lot of time which was being spent reading MBoTF :p

#90 User is offline   Tuberski 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

I've been playing a lot of Din's Curse. It's a Diablo clone with a difference:

Din's Curse is an action RPG with multiplayer, 141 class combinations, real consequences, and a dynamic world.Din, champion of the gods, has cursed you into a second life of service because you selfishly squandered your first one while causing misfortune to those around you. Travel the plains of Aleria and save desperate towns from the brink of annihilation. Until you're redeemed, you're doomed to wander the earth alone for all eternity.

This post has been edited by Tuberski: 22 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

#91 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:04 AM

Getting back into FFXIV (Final Fantasy 14) the failed MMO we all know and... love? well patch 1.18 came out the other day. and the game certainly is feeling more like a proper game. lots of quests and life in the world. more things to do and an all together smoother experience, It still lacks that certain Final Fantasy Flavour that is what its all about. but I enjoy the game, and its still Free to play indefinitely! basically an extended BETA. it is an incredibly pretty game visually. so if thats your thing.. then.. yeah! woo
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

#92 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

Just got MGS4 back off the Polish guy at my work. He's had it for about a year!!!!

I'll be sneaking it up real nice later.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#93 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:29 AM

Playing Darksiders...Its like a coalition of every god-of-war-type game you've ever played with a touch of portal in it aswell.
I regretfully admit I'm enjoying it...or atleast I was enjoying it. I managed to get myself stuck in the midnighttower (or
something named to equal amounts of melodrama).

After you defeat tiamat and move on to the level with the crystal pounding gloves, new areas become available in the previous stages
that you couldn't access. in blond ambition I rushed back to see what I could find only to drop into the hole in the ground
where you get the over sized shuriken. now im stuck.

I cant believe such a huge mistake just waits for anyone interested in a hidden item search. wow. not sure I wanna start
over, but pounding the final bosses was SOOO much fun...
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#94 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

I've been playing The Saboteur this weekend. It's a mix of Assassins Creed and Just Cause, it's the story of an Irish race car driver turned freelance Saboteur for the French resistance and the British SOE during the French Occupation.

It didn't get a very good score, an average of 70-75 when it came out I think, which is understandable. The car physics are not good, the climbing and roof traversel is a bit awkward, the action slightly clunky, the design and interface a little unpolished, etc. And yet I really like it. There's nothing quite like the stereotypical evil nazi as a villain. It just feels so good running them over with your car or sneaking up behind one and snapping their neck.

Playing it I can't help but wonder what could be achieved if somebody picked the game up and made the same improvements that was made between Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed 2.

This post has been edited by Pennyapt: 24 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

#95 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

I bought that game for PC late last year - ended up being so buggy I couldn't play it, which was disappointing, as it looked like a game I would really enjoy.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#96 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

View PostDolmen, on 24 July 2011 - 06:29 AM, said:

Playing Darksiders...Its like a coalition of every god-of-war-type game you've ever played with a touch of portal in it aswell.
I regretfully admit I'm enjoying it...or atleast I was enjoying it. I managed to get myself stuck in the midnighttower (or
something named to equal amounts of melodrama).

After you defeat tiamat and move on to the level with the crystal pounding gloves, new areas become available in the previous stages
that you couldn't access. in blond ambition I rushed back to see what I could find only to drop into the hole in the ground
where you get the over sized shuriken. now im stuck.

I cant believe such a huge mistake just waits for anyone interested in a hidden item search. wow. not sure I wanna start
over, but pounding the final bosses was SOOO much fun...

Do it, the game is crazy fun I must say. Plus - god of war / devil may cry / zelda gameplay without idiotic fixed camera angles! And WH40k-level cheesy beefness!
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#97 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

still playing through Alpha protocol. i'm in my third city (Taipei), and i've started to encounter some of the bugs the game was infamous for.
nothing too serious, but sometimes when I reload an area, voice prompts don't play properly. which can be really annoying when said voice prompt is supposed to turn all the guards hostile, but because it doesn't occur, they all treat you as an ally and ignore you no matter how many alarms you set off.

oh, and in this level the minigame sudddenly get a lot harder. if before they were a mild irritant, now they are a game-breaker. have to go back and stock up on several dozen EMP charges to bypass them.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#98 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

These days I'm mostly playing War Inc. Battlezone. It's a free FPS game on Steam and it ain't half bad.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#99 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 19 July 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

Finished Wizardry 7 and Witcher 2. Wizardry 7 was an awesome, awesome game, wish I'd played it earlier. Now to import the party to Wizardry 8 and finish off the Dark Savant trilogy... it's been a hell of a ride, one of my best RPG experiences ever.

Witcher 2 was... good. Disappointing, but good. The final act's linear hacky-slashyness was made up for by some devastatingly difficult choices - even though I knew they'd have no real consequences, I was so immersed in the story by this point that they just felt damn hard anyway. I actually had to put the game down four times to ruminate over what to do next, and I haven't done that in... well, ever. So kudos on making a great interactive story, but hopefully the next one provides a better game.

Spoiler

Are there games like this for the X box, or for a DS or I phone? I recently got Crystal Defenders which was okay and i've played Etrian's Oddysee (sorry if that's spelled wrong) which was fantastic. I enjoy playing them and continue to play them on a daily basis. I was just wondering if games like this, which receive massive rep from you guys, can be played on anything else other than PC or Laptop.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#100 User is offline   Sammehmander Rake 

• Knight of High House Dark
  • Interests:Internets?

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:25 AM

View PostTattersail, on 25 July 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

Are there games like this for the X box, or for a DS or I phone? I recently got Crystal Defenders which was okay and i've played Etrian's Oddysee (sorry if that's spelled wrong) which was fantastic. I enjoy playing them and continue to play them on a daily basis. I was just wondering if games like this, which receive massive rep from you guys, can be played on anything else other than PC or Laptop.

Well you can play Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 3 on Iphone now. there are a few other Decent rated RPG's on the IOS but I don't have a new enough device to handle the 3D rendered games <_<
otherwise you can jump on IGN or other game sites and search for highly rated games on iOS devices, that might suit your criteria. :D

Edit: About FF3 I'm not actually sure if its released or not.

This post has been edited by Sammehmander Rake: 25 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for ever should we fail- should we fall- we will know that we have lived."
— Anomander Rake

Share this topic:

• 237 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users