Malazan Empire: Games of Thrones! WATCHED IT ALL! SPOILERS books and tv SPOILERS - Malazan Empire

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Games of Thrones! WATCHED IT ALL! SPOILERS books and tv SPOILERS SPOILERS tv and ALL SIF books spoilers SPOILERS Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

The first book isn't called Game of Thrones for nothing. It does end up with different factions across the map, all attempting to win land or titles. The mechanical aspect is probably there to represent the plotting and intrigue; the 'wheels within wheels.'
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#62 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:34 AM

QuickTidal, on 21 April 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Okay, I'm just going to say it.

I never liked Bronn that much.

There, I said it.

Also, Hodor FTW!!

My mind = blown.

Bronn is easily the biggest badass motherfucker in this series. I am only going to continue to reading the series to see what happens to the great man (and to see if GRRM is a baller and lets the Others shitpwn Westeros).

#63 User is offline   King Bear 

• Furry
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

Abyss, on 21 April 2011 - 01:04 PM, said:

I thought it was a reference to the cyborgs from book 5.

Didn't expect those to see those until at least book 8.

Things could get messy. I just hope Tyrion finishes the King's Landing mounted Lannister Laser Cannon in time... but then there is always Sansa's pet fire-breathing energy-blade-wielding giant space robot Muffy.

#64 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

Tyr, on 22 April 2011 - 04:34 AM, said:

QuickTidal, on 21 April 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

Okay, I'm just going to say it.

I never liked Bronn that much.

There, I said it.

Also, Hodor FTW!!

My mind = blown.

Bronn is easily the biggest badass motherfucker in this series. I am only going to continue to reading the series to see what happens to the great man (and to see if GRRM is a baller and lets the Others shitpwn Westeros).

Two words: Randyll Tarly.
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#65 User is offline   Ulrik 

• Highest Marshall of Mott Irregulars

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:51 AM

Sorry, but Tarly can only serve as Bronn´s middle testicle.
Adept Ulrik - Highest Marshall of Quick Ben's Irregulars
Being optimistic´s worthless if it means ignoring the suffering of this world. Worse than worthless. It´s bloody evil.
- Fiddler

#66 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

Ulrik, on 22 April 2011 - 05:51 AM, said:

You are my new favorite person.

#67 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

But then, Bronn has big balls of brass.

That being said, I share the sentiment Bronn is far from the worst person you could come across when he's in a bad mood.

I therefore predict Bronn ends with something sharp thrust through him in a rather painly and definately terminal way. Probably the entire Iron Throne :).
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#68 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

Tapper, on 22 April 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

But then, Bronn has big balls of brass.

That being said, I share the sentiment Bronn is far from the worst person you could come across when he's in a bad mood.

I therefore predict Bronn ends with something sharp thrust through him in a rather painly and definately terminal way. Probably the entire Iron Throne :D.

Not before he kills Dany, the dragons, Bran, Tyrion, Jaime, Jon, Arya, Sansa and LF. Then he takes the throne, joins Roose Bolton's Chain of Dogs as they flee toward Dorne, all whilst the Others destroy Westeros.

Bronn sieges Sunspear and eventually takes it (even though everyone is dying due to poor conditions, inside and out the walls of Sunspear). Roose Bolton makes a final stand against the Others while Bronn makes his escape to the free cities, all of whom fear the inevitable apocalypse. Halfway through, Bronn has an epiphany, says to himself "fuck this", turns right back around to Sunspear, and with the same powers that gave Dany her dragons, Bronn gets an M16 with infinite Dragonglass penetrating rounds. He goes on a 1 man mission killing Others for fun and eventually makes it to KL before dying from super-elevated testosterone levels. He falls back on the iron throne and dies on it.

This post has been edited by Tyr: 22 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

#69 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Greatest necromancer ever
  • Not much

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

God that was awesome :D. Bronn and Roose Bolton. What more do you need? Wait, I know, the Hound! Sandor Clegane needs to be in that.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#70 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

I just dont know how you can be a Dany or Jon fan when there are such bad ass motherfuckers like Roose, Bronn, Randyll "My son is a fat disappointment so I will make him suffer for it" Tarly and The Hound walking around.

Sometimes I wish Joe Abercrombie was writing this series...

This post has been edited by Tyr: 22 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

#71 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Not much

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Tyr, on 22 April 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

I just dont know how you can be a Dany or Jon fan when there are such bad ass motherfuckers like Roose, Bronn, Randyll "My son is a fat disappointment so I will make him suffer for it" Tarly and The Hound walking around.

Hey! I like Roose,Bronn and Sandor and Dany and Jon.

In fact I once made a list of my top 10 ASoIaF characters and it went like this

The Hound
Roose Bolton
Littlefinger
Varys
Tyrion
Bronn
Davos
Daenarys
Jon
Ser Jorah.

This post has been edited by Bauchelain the Evil: 22 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

Adept of Team Quick Ben

I greet you as guests and so will not crush the life from you and devour your soul with peals of laughter. No, instead, I will make tea-Gothos

#72 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

I noticed your top 6 are the baddest motherfuckers in the series.

My top 10:

1. Bronn
2. Roose Bolton
3. The Hound
4. Tyrion
5. Queen of Thorns
6. Randyll Tarly
7. Theon
8. Stannis
9. LF
10. The Spider

#73 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

I like Bronn, the man is as vicious as he is ambitious, but you have made a crucial mistake. You have overlooked Garlan Tyrell. I predict much butchery from Garlan in the upcoming books.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

See, it's BECAUSE everyone thinks Bronn is so badass is totally the reason GRRM is going to have him killed off in a fashion not befitting his sword skillz....it's gonna be with a whimper...you watch.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#75 User is offline   Bauchelain the Evil 

• Not much

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

I call that this is what is going to happen to the above mentioned Garlan Tyrell.All those hints GRRM had given us on his fighting prowess srr a sure sign hr is doomed.
Adept of Team Quick Ben

#76 User is offline   Tyr 

• Lieutenant

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

acesn8s, on 22 April 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

I like Bronn, the man is as vicious as he is ambitious, but you have made a crucial mistake. You have overlooked Garlan Tyrell. I predict much butchery from Garlan in the upcoming books.

Skill with the sword =/= badass motherfuckery. Otherwise Arthur Dayne would be the most bad ass motherfucker in the series (something that alot of people on westeros.org seem to think...) Garlan is somewhat different, but I just cant get over the fact that the Tyrells are a bunch of bitches (except for Lady Olenna, ironically).

QuickTidal, on 22 April 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

See, it's BECAUSE everyone thinks Bronn is so badass is totally the reason GRRM is going to have him killed off in a fashion not befitting his sword skillz....it's gonna be with a whimper...you watch.

Its a shame GRRM doesnt share the same love of Bronn everyone else in the universe does (or should). But under that logic, he would have Jon slip off the wall and fall 700 feet, have Dany be eaten by dragons before she makes it to Westeros, have Bran stabbed to death by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and so forth.

#77 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

First two episodes would have made a fantastic 2 hour premiere for this series. Flawless flow in between the two. Looks like HBO's got another winner.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#78 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

Quickie Ben, on 22 April 2011 - 05:13 AM, said:

...Things could get messy. I just hope Tyrion finishes the King's Landing mounted Lannister Laser Cannon in time... but then there is always Sansa's pet fire-breathing energy-blade-wielding giant space robot Muffy.

Please... Everyone knows it's a giant space robot DIREWOLF with energy FANGS. Named 'Lady'.
The revelation in book nine about them using Ned's brain to operate it was a bit weird tho.

so, EPISODE TWO... just watched it...

We're getting better... not better enough, but still solid...

The assassination attempt on Bran was a well done scene... i especially liked how Cat fought the killer by GRABBING THE BLADE WITH HER HANDS. That's the sort of nasty stuff you just don't see in tele-fantasy. The direworlf jumping in was a nice touch.

...aaAAAAaaand that was about it for action in this ep. The Joffrey/Arya fight, while enoyable, was still kids fighting. And i did so totally love watching Tyrion pimpslap Joffrey.

On the plot side, Jon Snow has about got the 'tortured look' thing down pat. His scenes with Tyrion, Arya and especially Cat were just perfect tho'.

Lena Hedley is absolutely nailing Cersei as far as i'm concerned.

Cat is growing on me. The disconnect from the visual in the books was bugging me, but she's getting better and her actions certainly fit the character. Cat leaving Winterfell to run to Ned in the first book always bugged me, but it was actually somewhat more convincing here.

Did i mention that Tyrion is perfect?

Dany... also getting better but her acting is... still unconvincing.

And Drogo really, really, REALLY needs to lose the eye shadow.

Viserys was actually quite convincing this time.

Still good fun. I'm still in for the long haul.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#79 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

Abyss, on 25 April 2011 - 05:44 AM, said:

Viserys was actually quite convincing this time.

easy to be convincing when you're in one brief scene, lol.

i like ser jorah though, i think when he and dany get more interaction, it'll help her character immensely. so far she's interacted with her crazy brother and a guy who doesn't even talk to her, yet expects her to put out without a question. ser jorah changes her for the better. it was the same way in the books for me, the storyline was only mildly interesting until the events at vaes dothrak.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#80 User is offline   Rhand 

• Lord of the Morning

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

I've always found Tyrion an amazing character in the books, but actually seeing and hearing him say all those things is equally amazing.
I also didn't really hold any particular love for Ned in the book, but Sean Bean really nails that guy. Damn.

8/10 for this episode.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users