• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan BBQ - 2011 - Enlist here! Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

I'm so far in I can tickle your tonsils with it.

I'm impressed by some of the commitment people are showing to get there. Me I'll just cruise down in the old cock extension, lifts are available from Manc as usual and I'll run to the station so sort yourselves out.
I AM A TWAT

#22 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

@alt146 - sure, you and the missus have a place for the weekend.

I am impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication you guys are expressing - obviously we're doing something right!

Not sure how we're going to top the cow suit this year - but there's always Pathos' hirsute manliness to take the p*** out of :) Oh sorry - that should read "luxurious pelt".

If Abyss could get his moola together and come over that would be an epic series ending bbq.

Oh and Illy .... feel free to invite your interesting.. friend... if you dare :)
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#23 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

If Abyss goes, I think that will seal it for me. I was going to dither until like June, but if we confirm that, I'll build a time machine to go back further in time and confirm from circa 67Ad.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#24 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

I want to go tooooooooo! Stupid work!

#25 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

I'm there if I can get the Sunday off work :)
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#26 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostMacros, on 17 March 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

careful alt, you could wake up with pathos beside you

You say that like it's a bad thing :)

View PostHetan, on 17 March 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

@alt146 - sure, you and the missus have a place for the weekend.

I am impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication you guys are expressing - obviously we're doing something right!

Not sure how we're going to top the cow suit this year - but there's always Pathos' hirsute manliness to take the p*** out of :unworthy: Oh sorry - that should read "luxurious pelt".

If Abyss could get his moola together and come over that would be an epic series ending bbq.

Oh and Illy .... feel free to invite your interesting.. friend... if you dare :)

Thank you again, we will confirm exact times and stuff soon as we have booked our tickets and accomodation.
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#27 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

View PostHetan, on 17 March 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

Oh sorry - that should read "luxurious pelt".

Still regretting the use of the word luxurious!! Damned drink!! Did Pathos receive his note yet?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#28 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

Sombra did ;) He was most appreciative.

Pathos hasn't given me an address to send the book to yet, so no he still has that delight in store for him.

Shall we start a "Bring Abyss to the BBQ" thread ?
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#29 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:02 AM

Definitely! Post-TCG BBQ of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!1

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#30 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm in - and looking ok to stop over (gets me out of picking up horse poo in the paddock ;) just don't ask) Can assist on transport from t'North if Cougar is fully booked - and can share station duties if needed. Shall see what I can rustle up from the cellar if we get alt and pathos might just be a Paul Sauer from around 97. Will also see what single malts status is too. Need to get Mr & Mrs Paleman there as well with the boerewors and biltong.

#31 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Seeing how I get the keys to my new place only a week before the 9th AND I'm more or less expected to pay Malaysia a visit this year, it is not looking too good for any plans I might make regarding a hop over the Channel... but seeing how this is going to be quite the international turn out, I'll try - and if I do, I expect my liver will ask for divorce and a pension in Marbella.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#32 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Urgh. I want to go. I think I am working on that day though & I have used up most of my leave for honeymoon etc. Will find out when I'm next in work...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#33 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 March 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

Urgh. I want to go. I think I am working on that day though & I have used up most of my leave for honeymoon etc. Will find out when I'm next in work...

Clearly the solution here is for the BBQ weekend to be your honeymoon. Or you could respond to a 'noise complaint.' Your call. :rolleyes:
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#34 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

In the process of booking the Sunday off, so should be good to go :rolleyes:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#35 User is offline   Paleman 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hell yeah! We shall indeed be there with all kinds of meaty delights - although no bull's penis. The dedication of all you international travellers is inspiring. :rolleyes:

#36 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

I hope it's as warm as it was last year. I was walking with Stone Monkey to his hotel and I had to turn back for water after half a mile.
I AM A TWAT

#37 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

This BBQ/Braai is sounding super...

Alt said exactly what i was thinking when i read your post maccy. :rolleyes:

I'm bringing water wings for the pond this year
You never have the same problem twice when you set it on fire

#38 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

oh HOLY SHIT.
Of the WHOLE YEAR it had to be the same SINGLE WEEKEND I had planned to go with my mother to visit my sis down in Switzerland? We even have tickets bought already.

Now, the question is: this, or family? God DAMMIT.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#39 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Allright I think I can pull this off, so by all signs in the heavens and earth I'm in for this.

However, I need some help:
1. Directions for getting there
2. What's the closest major airport anyway? Best fly to London or where?
3. I'd probably need accomodation unless this is supposed to be an all nighter. I'd be thankful for directions to a motel or hostel in the area if you know any.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#40 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

The closest major airport is London Stansted at approx 30 miles drive away, followed closely by Luton at roughly 35 miles. London City and London Heathrow are around the 70 mile mark and East Midlands Airport at 90 miles. Depends on where you can get flights to as to which is best for you.

In terms of public transport, Stansted has a direct train, Heathrow a tube trip followed by train, City a trip on the DLR and 2 trains, Luton a train a walk and another train, finally East Midlands needs a bus trip and two trains.

National Rail will give you train times and prices, be aware though that UK train tickets are not released for sale until 3 months before the journey date so check out a weekend a few weeks before the BBQ for prices and times.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users